Mika phone interview @ Portuguese Radio RFM - April 2010

mari62

Thank you Mary and Carla!

Mary found out this phone interview with a portuguese journalist...

Press SONS (SOUNDS) at the top right...

http://www.rfm.pt/p_doc_details.aspx?fid=21&did=858

audio + d/l link http://www.zshare.net/audio/74908090d1812041/

(it's 11 min. long)

OR

audio http://mikatube.com/audio/46/mika-phone-interview-at-rfm-portugal-april-2010-

d/l http://www.mediafire.com/?yzgmhgmmqji by Nicoleta

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah thanx! the interview on zshare is much longer than the one on the site (11 vs. 4 minutes)! :biggrin2: love it how he talks about his feelings towards the whole success thing. :wub2: and about his show and where it all came from for him - heard much of it already in other interviews, but still it's nice to hear him tell the story.

and about the exploding shoes, he mentioned that in another interview, that there are sparks flying from the shoes when he kicks his heels together - can't wait to see that! :biggrin2:

ah thanx! the interview on zshare is much longer than the one on the site (11 vs. 4 minutes)! :biggrin2: love it how he talks about his feelings towards the whole success thing. :wub2: and about his show and where it all came from for him - heard much of it already in other interviews, but still it's nice to hear him tell the story.

and about the exploding shoes, he mentioned that in another interview, that there are sparks flying from the shoes when he kicks his heels together - can't wait to see that! :biggrin2:

on the Portuguese site the interview is split up into 4 parts :biggrin2:

on the Portuguese site the interview is split up into 4 parts :biggrin2:

ah! :doh: so i just heard one of those parts, no wonder it sounded a bit cut off to me! :lmfao:

Thanks for posting! :thumb_yello:

I really liked the interview. But did he say he's looking for a house outside of London? :boxed: Or did I get that wrong? I listened with just one ear, so... :teehee:

yup.

Nice interview, I enjoyed that. Very honest replies from Mika (not that he isn't usually honest.)

One thing I find very ironic indeed is that he says he used to prefer musicians and popstars he hadn't seen on TV because he could imagine what they were like rather than be disappointed by their actual appearances or visual element...and yet he himself ends up being a popstar for whom the visual element is extremely important. Strange, that.

In this day and age it's almost impossible to imagine not knowing what your music idols look like or what their 'act' is like, visually. I wonder what the young Mika would have made of himself now...if he'd never seen himself on TV?? If that's not too weird to imagine :teehee:.

t4p!

Nice interview, I enjoyed that. Very honest replies from Mika (not that he isn't usually honest.)

One thing I find very ironic indeed is that he says he used to prefer musicians and popstars he hadn't seen on TV because he could imagine what they were like rather than be disappointed by their actual appearances or visual element...and yet he himself ends up being a popstar for whom the visual element is extremely important. Strange, that.

In this day and age it's almost impossible to imagine not knowing what your music idols look like or what their 'act' is like, visually. I wonder what the young Mika would have made of himself now...if he'd never seen himself on TV?? If that's not too weird to imagine :teehee:.

t4p!

I actually think I understand what he means because most of the first hundreds of (foreign) songs I heard in my mid-teens were also free of any visual elements. (That was obviously because Hungary was pretty much closed off from the Western world until 88 or so, around the time when I started to discover Western pop music.... ) and I love remembering the days I spent discovering music without all those visual elements.:blush-anim-cl:

I still have no 'pictures' attached to the music of Simon&Garfunkel, the Beatles, the Jackson 5, early Michael Jackson or Pet Shop Boys and not even the Queen records I managed to get hold of in the late 80s. I hardly even knew what those artists looked like, let alone know anything about their private life..etc. Also, videos were not there to confuse me with stories that would restrict my interpretation.

Of course Mika cannot escape from the visual element of making himself known but I do think that this is how he still prefers to listen to music.

In my opinion, he still leaves doors open for interpretation visually as well in most of his videos and I hope it will stay that way.

It also applies to his shows. I like the idea that he keeps changing the set all the time - it is almost like watching the same play directed by different people on each leg of the tour.:thumb_yello:

Thanks for posting! :thumb_yello:

I really liked the interview. But did he say he's looking for a house outside of London? :boxed: Or did I get that wrong? I listened with just one ear, so... :teehee:

Ha ha, my friends house is on the market, it's big, and got a huge garage for storage, and it's got a big wall round it too:thumb_yello:

Brilliant interview! T4P

I actually got to love Mika without knowing what he looked like, or anything else about him, so I understand what he means when he says that he loves peoples' voices without seeing the faces. But getting to see Mika and learning about him was the icing on the cake for me.

Brilliant interview! T4P

I actually got to love Mika without knowing what he looked like, or anything else about him, so I understand what he means when he says that he loves peoples' voices without seeing the faces. But getting to see Mika and learning about him was the icing on the cake for me.

that exact same thing happened to me

I actually think I understand what he means because most of the first hundreds of (foreign) songs I heard in my mid-teens were also free of any visual elements. (That was obviously because Hungary was pretty much closed off from the Western world until 88 or so, around the time when I started to discover Western pop music.... ) and I love remembering the days I spent discovering music without all those visual elements.:blush-anim-cl:

I still have no 'pictures' attached to the music of Simon&Garfunkel, the Beatles, the Jackson 5, early Michael Jackson or Pet Shop Boys and not even the Queen records I managed to get hold of in the late 80s. I hardly even knew what those artists looked like, let alone know anything about their private life..etc. Also, videos were not there to confuse me with stories that would restrict my interpretation.

Of course Mika cannot escape from the visual element of making himself known but I do think that this is how he still prefers to listen to music.

In my opinion, he still leaves doors open for interpretation visually as well in most of his videos and I hope it will stay that way.

It also applies to his shows. I like the idea that he keeps changing the set all the time - it is almost like watching the same play directed by different people on each leg of the tour.:thumb_yello:

I do remember myself, when I was very little, hearing records on the radio without knowing what the singers looked like and it's true, there is a certain thrill involved in imagining and inventing personae for yourself. And it can be a shock (and often a disappointment!) when you see what they really look like and it isn't what you imagined :naughty:. So I really do understand what Mika means.

And yes, I agree that he still leaves a lot of interpretation open to us as individuals, despite his strong visual and conceptual approach to his music. I strongly believe that all the truly talented musicians of this world do that :thumb_yello:.

Brilliant interview! T4P

Same for me:thumb_yello:

Brilliant interview! T4P

that exact same thing happened to me

And to me!:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you for posting this, it was a nice interview for a change for all this crazy ones we've seen lately!:thumb_yello:

:biggrin2:

Archived