Travel plans to Euro gigs.

RAK1

I can't believe this nightmare is happening again :blink:. I hope that everyone can get to wherever they are going!!!

Remember FD: if it looks bad, go for the plan B before everone else books it out :lmao: You can't get stuck for a second time, after the super close call with Spain :teehee:

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freddie!

Here your plan B:

http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/

A cruise from Newcastle to Amsterdam, direct!

It is quite expensive but, if the flight is canceled, maybe the air company refund the alternative mean of transport.

Dear Mfcers...

here a picture of Freddie before the gig :boat:

... during the gig :band:

... after the gig :drunk_sing:

GOOD LUCK or... better: merde!!! :original:

Come on! Dont let penguins alone in coach :aah:

Poor Rose :crybaby:

That's okay, I'll probably crash out for most of the journey:naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

Dear MFCERS,

just a quick info, maybe someone who was involved in some Volcan cancellation is interested (popstars included :mf_rosetinted:).

Since it is a standard procedure in case of cancellation i tryed to ask the refund of my flight.

I expected to ask just the price of the flight but they asked also evidences of the alternative travel, extra costs and the eventual night in hotel, intended to reimburse.

I gave all documents and after 1 months they replied me very kindly.

They will refund the ticket of the flight, probably the night in hotel, and also some long phone call i made to try to find alternative transports.

Anyway they will not refund the trains that i used to reach home.

The European rules say that the alternative tranport refundable is just another flight. Not trains or boath.

I understand and respect rules especially in this case since all the cancellations were because the Volcan and not because the air company, so i'm satisfied firstly that they replied and second that they partially refund.

But it is quite odd that trains are not considered alternatives transports :shocked:

:bye:

Archived