Travel plans to Euro gigs.

RAK1

I thought I'd start this, as plans to go to the Euro shows seemed to be getting disrupted, by the small matter of the volcanic cloud travelling across Europe from Iceland.

Seeing how people have been making last minute arrangements to get to the Barcelona/Madrid gigs, I thought for the rest of the tour, as they are saying flights are likely to be disrupted for the rest of this week, and maybe longer, as the cloud shows no signs of going anytime soon, maybe we should look into getting alternative travel to the rest of the shows.

We can do this by getting together, and those from each country who are travelling to another country, maybe pool resources by driving to the shows you have tickets for, car sharing. I know from watching the news most other forms of transport are getting booked up quickly, so to be prepared for any long term hassles the cloud is reported to cause, maybe we should make arrangements now.

Anyone who has ideas, feel free to put them on here:thumb_yello:

I'll add travel links as they come in.

To keep updated with flight information, keep an eye on this link.

http://twitter.com/eurocontrol

Link to coach travel across Europe & UK

http://www.eurolines.com/

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought I'd start this, as plans to go to the Euro shows seemed to be getting disrupted, by the small matter of the volcanic cloud travelling across Europe from Iceland.

Seeing how people have been making last minute arrangements to get to the Barcelona/Madrid gigs, I thought for the rest of the tour, as they are saying flights are likely to be disrupted for the rest of this week, and maybe longer, as the cloud shows no signs of going anytime soon, maybe we should look into getting alternative travel to the rest of the shows.

We can do this by getting together, and those from each country who are travelling to another country, maybe pool resources by driving to the shows you have tickets for, car sharing. I know from watching the news most other forms of transport are getting booked up quickly, so to be prepared for any long term hassles the cloud is reported to cause, maybe we should make arrangements now.

Anyone who has ideas, feel free to put them on here:thumb_yello:

That is a great idea Rose!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

The news in my country is saying that there could be eratic disruptions of all sorts possibly for months.

small matter? are you kidding? Rose do you have any idea what could happen to the aeroplane is it went through the ash?! :lmfao:

Anyways...good luck guys!!

I was being sarcastic when I said that :wink2:

That is a great idea Rose!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

The news in my country is saying that there could be eratic disruptions of all sorts possibly for months.

Have you heard if it's affecting flights from the US back to the UK?

My friends due back next Thursday, and from what I've heard no flights are landing at Heathrow.

My friends due back next Thursday, and from what I've heard no flights are landing at Heathrow.

Yes!

So far it is affecting flights returning to Europe.

But there was some news an hour or two ago that the winds "might' be changing & the cloud will head north clearing most of Europe.

I will let you know if I hear more about that.

I wouldn't accept it as fact yet.

Well, i am looking at TV and the news are not good, in fact nobody knows exactly where this bloody cloud is going and when it'll stop.

so, for those who come to France and have to change their plans and take a train, they can pm me , i am a pro of TGV ( Marseille , Nice).

The strike will be finished, in fact i had no pb to go to Paris this week.:thumb_yello:

This WE is special because of the Easter holidays!

Thanks for this thread. Keeping everything crossed, but in case we have to change plans and go by car from Northern Germany to Paris, i'll offer car sharing of course :wink2:

"I believe we're in this together...RELAX!" Awwwwww :blink:

It is.... know it from some fam. i have stuck in the states atm. who were suppose to land in London on their way home... but cant cos of the ash

Yes!

So far it is affecting flights returning to Europe.

But there was some news an hour or two ago that the winds "might' be changing & the cloud will head north clearing most of Europe.

I will let you know if I hear more about that.

I wouldn't accept it as fact yet.

I'll email him on Monday, see what's happening :thumb_yello:

Shame I don't get a pound everytime you say that; I'd be a rich lady and I wouldn't have to look for a job anymore! :roftl:

Well not work at the cinema anymore - but I am waiting for you start working at your craft.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I did look up trains to get to Milan but...it's not likely. *siiiiiiiiigh*

EDIT: There IS the option of coaches...it's gonna take me 24 hours to get to Milan and 25 to get back...from London.

But...I might still be able to fly. I'll see what they say. Might be worth looking at though: http://www.eurolines.com/

Unless I am mistaken I have read some of your posts of your artistic studies & the your interests.

Am I delusional or do I just have a bad memory??:shocked::shocked:

Not mistaken, I do like the arts and stuff...why? :aah:

Not mistaken, I do like the arts and stuff...why? :aah:

"WHY?"

:roftl::roftl:

Caz - I am not going back to earlier today where you said then I said.

It was all about you not working & me saying I would like to see you living your dreams in your chosen area of study - basically. :biggrin2:

This is too complicated for my "p" brain.

"WHY?"

Caz - I am not going back to earlier today where you said then I said.

It was all about you not working & me saying I would like to see you living your dreams in your chosen area of study - basically. :biggrin2:

This is too complicated for my "p" brain.

:aah: I have a love/hate relationship with Art, it's something I don't really wanna do as a career lol :teehee:

:aah: I have a love/hate relationship with Art, it's something I don't really wanna do as a career lol :teehee:

My mistake.

I don't recall reading you state that in the few posts that you mentioned your studies & interests.

Just forget everything I said earlier.

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

My mistake.

I don't recall reading you state that in the few posts that you mentioned your studies & interests.

Just forget everything I said earlier.

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

You know Kodes, I love you, really I do, but I sometimes wonder what planet you're on :roftl::roftl: Or what planet I'm on! :shocked:

Archived