Article in WARP Mexico Magazine

Lui

nothing really new just the two last questions, well at least for me :P

it's the magazine of this month but the interview is from October

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/warp-09/warpallop/2010040501/

warpmag.jpg

Translation:

Mika sees himself as someone naughty who likes to mix things that normally are separated, but, overall, he sees himself as an artist. truth or not, we must admit that his bitersweet lyrics and his dance rhythms have placed him as a pop representative to follow. we had the chance to talk to him during his visit to Mexico in october where we realized his way to understand the music and its historic moment. This is Mika with TBWKTM his new album.

-how different was to create this new album compared with the first one?

not to much. I sat down and wrote the songs, like 45 for this record, and I chose the ones that I liked the most. the biggest difference is that this time it was so intense, last time I had 2 years and now just 6 months. Besides I can say that during this process I was alone. Before, people didn't care about my music, not even my friends, they liked it but they didn't care. On the other hand, my family didn't judge me and they left me do whatever I wanted. When I was doing TBWKTM many people criticized me, so, instead of working in home with many people, I closed myself for 6 months in my own world, working alone. that was what I needed: protect myself and write things for being happy for me, not to others.

-you have described the sound of this album as "a gothic timburtonian fantasy" why?

yeah, most of the people laughing at me when I say that but if you look at the small detalis you could understand why I said so. There is a fairy tale: like "Toy Boy", the song is cruel, twisted, a little like Alice in Wonderland.

This is the center of what I do, this let me use childish and innocent

perspectives with a shadow of darkness: you take happines and sadness plus the brightest colors but also the darkness, mix them and you have something very powerful, like real life.

-in the future would you like to incorporate aonther musical genres to your sound?

Definitely. that's because I'm interested of writing music for movies, because it would let me use another kind of instruments, like electric guitars, and getting a massive sound. Maybe in the future I could produce, if this happen I could make from pop until electronic music and some things darker and heavier.

-what are you going to do when you'll have finished the promotion of this album?

I'm writing songs for another artist. She's not famous, she's about to make début. She's an amazing singer and the music doesn't sound cool at all, and I love it!

Also I'm working in some secret proyects... I don't know, I'm going to contradict myself 'til the day of my death... If I wouldn't do that, I could get really bored.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-in the future would you like to incorporate aonther musical genres to your sound?

Definitely. that's because I'm interested of writing music for movies, because it would let me use another kind of instruments, like electric guitars, and getting a massive sound. Maybe in the future I could produce, if this happen I could make from pop until electronic music and some things darker and heavier.

-what are you going to do when you'll have finished the promotion of this album?

I'm writing songs for another artist. She's not famous, she's about to make début. She's an amazing singer and the music doesn't sound cool at all, and I love it!

Also I'm working in some secret proyects... I don't know, I'm going to contradict myself 'til the day of my death... If I wouldn't do that, I could get really bored.

Thanks so much for posting and translating, Lui! :wub2:

You're right -- these last two questions and answers are quite

new and extremely interesting! I'm definitely curious to learn more about

what "secrets" Mika has in store! :naughty:

:naughty:

tks Lui! :flowers2:

the last 2 questions are new to me as well ;)

Thanks so much for posting and translating, Lui! :wub2:

You're right -- these last two questions and answers are quite

new and extremely interesting! I'm definitely curious to learn more about

what "secrets" Mika has in store! :naughty:

It's my pleasure!

I hope my translation is fine :blush-anim-cl:

T4P :thumb_yello:

I'd like to know more about this other artist - we shall have to wait and see, I suppose

yeah! I would like to know about her too!! :aah:

*Dies of excitement* Those last two questions really do back up what he said in another recent interview about wanting to be more like Beck, producing stuff etc. It also backs up what he says about writing for another artist who is female. I was one of the many who thought "Gaga", but in a sense it's better if it's someone totally new. If it was Gaga, that would be great, BUT, there would be many haters out there who would say he was trying to cling to his career by working with her, even though saying that would be totally unjust, but you all know what I mean. With those haters, it's any excuse to diss him.

Maybe this new girl is someone in whom he sees great potential and she could be sensational with the right material and become his protegee! How exciting is that!

Translation:

:blink::lmfao:

That Just Made me think Of those Bands like AD/DC. :roftl:

Thanks For Posting :flowers2:

we must admit that his bitersweet lyrics and his dance rhythms have placed him as a pop representative to follow.

Thanks Lui!

Great article!

"A pop representavie to follow!" Right On!:thumb_yello:

"I'm going to contradict myself 'til the day I die!" Hence the label - "Fibber!"

:roftl::roftl:

I don't know, I'm going to contradict myself 'til the day of my death... If I wouldn't do that, I could get really bored.

We already know but it's good to have a confirmation (or not??) :biggrin2:

:roftl:

Thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

Could it be his friend Ida Falk who accompanied Mika on Happy Ending & performed with Mika in Milan, Italy?

Do you think she wants a career in pop music? :blink:

I don't think so. From what I heard in Milan, I think she's still studying as a classical singer. Her voice sounded as if she's still training for classical music. Besides it is very difficult to mix the two genres, because the way you sing classical music is totally different from pop songs. But I'm no expert anyway. :dunno:

Do you think she wants a career in pop music? :blink:

I don't think so. From what I heard in Milan, I think she's still studying as a classical singer. Her voice sounded as if she's still training for classical music. Besides it is very difficult to mix the two genres, because the way you sing classical music is totally different from pop songs. But I'm no expert anyway. :dunno:

What made me think of Ida where was Mika said in the article that he was writing for another new artist.

"She's not famous, she's about to make her début."

"She's an amazing singer and the music doesn't sound cool at all, and I love it!"

He doesn't say the music isn't pop but I suppose I thought of that when I read it.

I could be way off!

I am really curious.:blink::shocked:

What made me think of Ida where was Mika said in the article that he was writing for another new artist.

"She's not famous, she's about to make her début."

"She's an amazing singer and the music doesn't sound cool at all, and I love it!"

He doesn't say the music isn't pop but I suppose I thought of that when I read it.

I could be way off!

I am just curious.:blink::shocked:

Arn't we all! I can't wait to find out who it is!

Archived