Eurovision 2010

suzie

little update

so far "Satellite" is doing quite well.

Here's where it ranked on itunes tonight at 10:30 CET.

iTunes

Germany 1

Switzerland 1

Austria 1

Denmark 1

Finland 1

Norway 1

Sweden 1

Ireland 1

Spain 1

Greece 1

Luxembourg 1

Belgium 2

the Netherlands 2

Australia 21 (!!!!)

Portugal 28

Italy 48

New Zealand 134

In the UK and in France it's not available yet (but apparently people wanna buy it and have protested against it)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply
little update

iTunes

Germany 1

Switzerland 1

Austria 1

Denmark 1

Finland 1

Norway 1

Sweden 1

Ireland 1

Spain 1

Greece 1

Luxembourg 1

Belgium 2

the Netherlands 2

Australia 21 (!!!!)

Portugal 28

Italy 48

New Zealand 134

In the UK and in France it's not available yet (but apparently people wanna buy it and have protested against it)

Wow, even in Australia no. 21!?

I don't remember that Alexander Ryback's (or however) Fairytale was a big hit. I heard it only one time on the radio.

little update

iTunes

Germany 1

Switzerland 1

Austria 1

Denmark 1

Finland 1

Norway 1

Sweden 1

Ireland 1

Spain 1

Greece 1

Luxembourg 1

Belgium 2

the Netherlands 2

Australia 21 (!!!!)

Portugal 28

Italy 48

New Zealand 134

The song isn't bad, ok, but i find it not catchy at all. So can anyone explain me why do people like it :dunno:

This Serbian song stucks in my head:aa h:

Balkan, Balkan, Balkan, Ovo je Balkan blah blah blah:rof tl:

Moldavia had an awesome saxophone player. I like the saxophone part, the rest wasn't sooooooo good. Some one has to create a new song, only with the saxophone and violine parts:naugh ty:

Hahahah :roftl: it really can get stuck in your head. At the moment this song of Milan's is stuck in my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FejubLiU7Gw&feature=related I love the video :aah:

And yeah,I agree with you about the Moldavian song. The saxophone and violine parts were great:thumb_yello:

LAST really , I mean just as we have the pound and metric and are an Island .. last!:shocked:

Europe hates us :aah:

Awww :roftl:

I don't remember that Alexander Ryback's (or however) Fairytale was a big hit. I heard it only one time on the radio.

That's exactly what I wanted to say! he was allegedly like the biggest attraction in 2009 with that song, but I've actually never heard it on the radio, or seen on tv either, for the matter...:boxed: I think Lena will go under the same 'treatment'. She'll be interesting to Europe maybe in these 2-3 months, but already till the end of the year nobody will know about her, except for Germany of course.

Except if she makes an outstanding career, since she's got a lot of promoters and is supposed to release a CD soon...

The song isn't bad, ok, but i find it not catchy at all. So can anyone explain me why do people like it :dunno:

I share your opinion. The lyrics are reeeeally shallow and the way she's singing it is really annoying IMO. She should do something about her so-called British accent as well :aah: but you know what irritated me the most, when she received the award and got onto the stage to do the song for the 2nd time, she didn't know to say anything! :boxed: I mean, she had been repeating something like "Oh my God, this is so amazing... AMAZING...amazing..." and so on for a couple of hundred times more. :boxed: I mean, I know she must've been confused and still in shock, that's standing, but don't they kind of train them how to express themselves and say something in case they get the award? :blink:

I share your opinion. The lyrics are reeeeally shallow and the way she's singing it is really annoying IMO. She should do something about her so-called British accent as well :aah: but you know what irritated me the most, when she received the award and got onto the stage to do the song for the 2nd time, she didn't know to say anything! :boxed: I mean, she had been repeating something like "Oh my God, this is so amazing... AMAZING...amazing..." and so on for a couple of hundred times more. :boxed: I mean, I know she must've been confused and still in shock, that's standing, but don't they kind of train them how to express themselves and say something in case they get the award? :blink:

I'm pretty convinced they don't train them.

Her English just sounded strange to my ears :blink: To the end she talked in German. And it is nice, coz I suppose all Germany was proud at that moment. Though i'd have wanted to know what did she say...

Eurovision is suprisingly big here. You'd be suprised at the amount of people who watch it - and would then download songs

I'm pretty convinced they don't train them.

Her English just sounded strange to my ears :blink: To the end she talked in German. And it is nice, coz I suppose all Germany was proud at that moment. Though i'd have wanted to know what did she say...

Well, they should! :thumbdown: some people really need it!

I understood some of what she was saying.. but she was talking just too fast,a nd I wasn't particularly interested in what she had to say either, to be honest:naughty:

I know how Germany must've felt:thumb_yello: really good for them, and I'm happy for them because I think they have deserved to win again after more than 20 years.:thumb_yello:

You mean, when she sang the song after getting the reward?

She said something like: I don't know where I have to go now, so I'll stay on stage to chatter a bit."

Yep!

She was thanking her backing vocals also I think^^

That's waht it seemed to me though my German is too basic.

I'm very happy about Lenas win. I was as shocked as she was on saturday :roftl: I love her as a singer (or let's better say artist) and I like the song, although it was a "grower" for me. I like the rhythm and the "clapping", it makes me want to dance when I hear it.

I don't know, if you know this, but "Satellite" was written as a ballad, but Lena changed it into this fast version, because it was more fitting for her.

I was very happy with some other results, too, like Belgium or Romania and the Ukraine.

but you know what irritated me the most, when she received the award and got onto the stage to do the song for the 2nd time, she didn't know to say anything! :boxed: I mean, she had been repeating something like "Oh my God, this is so amazing... AMAZING...amazing..." and so on for a couple of hundred times more. :boxed: I mean, I know she must've been confused and still in shock, that's standing, but don't they kind of train them how to express themselves and say something in case they get the award? :blink:

I especially like that, because it was such a human reaction. You could see her true feelings in that moment. It was "pure", not a trained or studied reaction. Well, and I think that's part of her charm: That she is a very natural & true, unshaped person.

Moldavia had an awesome saxophone player. I like the saxophone part, the rest wasn't sooooooo good. Some one has to create a new song, only with the saxophone and violine parts:naughty:

I had the same thoughts :biggrin2: The saxophone-part is great, I love it. But the rest of the song has nothing special.

She said something like: I don't know where I have to go now, so I'll stay on stage to chatter a bit."

She was thanking her backing vocals also I think^^

Yes, she said "Thank you to the background singers, too. A big applause [to them]. They did a wonderful job, it's not only my fault"

And before that she said: "This can't be real. You are nuts. You are nuts! I'm going crazy."

I can answer you for Balkan region or more specifically for region of former Yugoslavia. Yes we are very "musically near" and that's mainly thanks to the fact that we share the language, all former yugoslavian republics have more-less same language and the music stars are basically same in all of these countries. So not just that we know what musically going on in those countries, but it's practically one music scene! So, yes, we always give each other high points, but considering that politically we were not in so good relations (to put it euphemistically:mf_rosetinted::naughty:) not so long time ago, I guess at the end it is more musical than political voting. :original:

Thank you very much for your answer!

ah thanks for revealing the cute mistery man :teehee:

The others who were watching it with me, and I certainly sat up straighter and started paying attention again when he was on :naughty: (I tuned out for the rest of the score reading)

or we can call him manboy:naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_UtWu7JSmQ&feature=related

or wetboy:teehee:

That song keeps getting stuck in my head in the worst way

The others who were watching it with me, and I certainly sat up straighter and started paying attention again when he was on :naughty: (I tuned out for the rest of the score reading)

Haha, I completely understand that :P

My best friend and I are kind of addicted to 'Ovo je balkan', the Serbian song.

:roftl: maybe you should check out more songs composed by Goran Bregovic then, most of them are catchy in a similar way.

My best friend and I are kind of addicted to 'Ovo je balkan', the Serbian song.

:roftl: maybe you should check out more songs composed by Goran Bregovic then, most of them are catchy in a similar way.

Bubamara

Kalashnikov

:teehee:

Bubamara

Kalashnikov

:teehee:

:naughty: it really makes perfect combination with Emir Kusturica's films, but apparently they have grown apart :dunno:

And concerts with his "Wedding and Funeral Orchestra" are absolute madness! I think it's impossible not to jump and dance to those tunes. (or maybe it's just my genes :blush-anim-cl:) and I must say I love both singers he collaborated with in past 10 years or so.

:dance_man:Gas Gas

Mesecina (also from Kusturica's film, "Underground")

i dont watch eurovision but all i have to say is this
is..rubbish.

Tastes differ. :dunno:

I find both her and song super cute, and I'm glad she won. :original:

• 3 weeks later...

At first, I wasn't too keen on the German entry but I actually find it quite catchy. Hard to believe it's only their second win in total (the first being in 1982), but I love going on holidays there and I also have friends who live there, so I'm happy.

I also really liked the interval act.

:biggrin2:

At first, I wasn't too keen on the German entry but I actually find it quite catchy. Hard to believe it's only their second win in total (the first being in 1982), but I love going on holidays there and I also have friends who live there, so I'm happy.

I also really liked the interval act.

:biggrin2:

By interval, u mean the flashmobthinghy? I loved it :thumb_yello: Not because of the thing itself, but coz of the feeling seeing so many people around europe dancing and having fun at the same moment!

By interval, u mean the flashmobthinghy? I loved it :thumb_yello: Not because of the thing itself, but coz of the feeling seeing so many people around europe dancing and having fun at the same moment!

Yeah, that's the one I meant. I thought it was really well done and was glad to see Dublin in there too. :thumb_yello:

Archived