Let's try to get Mika's songs onto Glee!

Marilyn Mastin

Just letting you all know. I saw a Glee tweet today and it made me think that we should tell @GLEEonFOX about our BEST INTERNATIONAL MALE!

It's vitally important that, when we tell them @mikasounds won the NRJ award, we also tell them that he was voted for by the international community of fans so they know it wasn't just French fans who voted for him.

This is what I tweeted

@GLEEonFOX Now @mikasounds has won Best International Male @ NRJs (voted for by the international fans) will u sing his songs on #GLEE pls

There's no room for #GLEEneedsMIKA, but if you tag #GLEE it will get onto that list for other fans to see. Happy tweeting!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just letting you all know. I saw a Glee tweet today and it made me think that we should tell @GLEEonFOX about our BEST INTERNATIONAL MALE!

It's vitally important that, when we tell them @mikasounds won the NRJ award, we also tell them that he was voted for by the international community of fans so they know it wasn't just French fans who voted for him.

This is what I tweeted

@GLEEonFOX Now @mikasounds has won Best International Male @ NRJs (voted for by the international fans) will u sing his songs on #GLEE pls

There's no room for #GLEEneedsMIKA, but if you tag #GLEE it will get onto that list for other fans to see. Happy tweeting!

I'm kinda little late to notice the message, but I really want to try my best to put the meeks on their show! Would be a total dream! And actually I've beiin' searching for a fan site, and I'm not finding any, so I will try what I can!

I'm kinda little late to notice the message, but I really want to try my best to put the meeks on their show! Would be a total dream! And actually I've beiin' searching for a fan site, and I'm not finding any, so I will try what I can!

The problem is that not a lot of the fans on here get behind the campaign, so it turns out to be not much of a campaign.

But it would be so good to get his songs onto the show. This week in Britain, it's the Michael Jackson episode. Glee have a lot of international clout and everyone always wonders what songs they'll feature.

If they sang a Mika song, even one, it might raise awareness of his music in the USA, where he's never played on the radio, so not many Americans know about him. It would also help his comeback in the UK, and be great in other countries too.

But we need a lot of Mika fans to get behind us, without that, it only seems, to @GLEEonFOX, that he doesn't have many fans, so they will just take no notice of us.

So I'd love for more fans to get behind this and tweet @GLEEonFOX about Mika. Maybe even send links to his vids on YT. That'd be great!

• 4 weeks later...
The problem is that not a lot of the fans on here get behind the campaign, so it turns out to be not much of a campaign.

But it would be so good to get his songs onto the show. This week in Britain, it's the Michael Jackson episode. Glee have a lot of international clout and everyone always wonders what songs they'll feature.

If they sang a Mika song, even one, it might raise awareness of his music in the USA, where he's never played on the radio, so not many Americans know about him. It would also help his comeback in the UK, and be great in other countries too.

But we need a lot of Mika fans to get behind us, without that, it only seems, to @GLEEonFOX, that he doesn't have many fans, so they will just take no notice of us.

So I'd love for more fans to get behind this and tweet @GLEEonFOX about Mika. Maybe even send links to his vids on YT. That'd be great!

Sorry for this late respons!!! The only way to get him onto glee is twittering?

Let me just throw this into the 'mix' --

While it seems like it would be a very good thing in many dimensions for MIKA

to have his music 'showcased' on Glee, there is a possibility that

MIKA, himself, lacks interest in the prospect.

So, all this campaign really should be for is for

MIKA to have the choice to participate, or not . . .

Previous post:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3479644&postcount=155

Edited by A. Clay

• 4 months later...

dlvy1sjtkrvlc1o4b3om.jpeg

Ryan Murphy

@MrRPMurphy

Showrunner of AMERICAN HORROR STORY, GLEE and THE NEW NORMAL

Ryan Murphy ‏@MrRPMurphy

@Gleemockingjay1

'I love Mika and I want to do the Grace Kelly song.

Who should sing it?'

0ysx6wzjz9ojpoav5ek1.jpeg

Baby Penguin

@Gleemockingjay1

Possibly related to Pingu

Baby Penguin ‏@Gleemockingjay1

@MrRPMurphy

PLEASE DO MIKA AND TAKE THAT AND I WILL LOVE YOU EVEN MORE

Edited by A. Clay

161929_150811878309324_3579876_n.jpg

YESTERDAY,

Ryan Murphy, Showrunner of GLEE

tweeted:

Who should sing it?'

NOW would be a good time to tweet @MrRPMurphy &

say who on GLEE cast you would favor singing

'GRACE KELLY'

Edited by A. Clay

YESTERDAY,

Ryan Murphy, Showrunner of GLEE

tweeted:

Who should sing it?'

NOW would be a good time to tweet @MrRPMurphy &

say who on GLEE cast you would favor singing

'GRACE KELLY'

I can't find the tweet anymore... I saw it the other day and I was super happy, but it disappeared? He deleted it?

Raya 'n' Marylyn --

It IS still there, under September 5 postings --

Ryan Murphy ‏@MrRPMurphy

@Gleemockingjay1

I love Mika and I want to do the Grace Kelly song.

Who should sing it?

Edited by A. Clay

• 2 weeks later...

The best advert for Mika, right about now, is this stunning new album! It's his best album so far, and will make doubters change their minds.

I was mentioning on another thread about Heroes. I know that song isn't suitable for GLEE, but I think it will gain Mika a lot of respect as a writer and singer. That's what he needs.

It does seem that he's been passed over. My desire for him, or his songs to be on GLEE stems from the fact that it's great publicity for his music in a land where, not everyone has heard of Mika since he's not on the radio. But it's possible, now, that American radio might play some of the songs from Origin, because I can't see how they could not do. The whole album is a masterpiece!

I still hope for GK, or another Mika song on GLEE, so we'll just have to watch this space.:thumb_yello:

• 10 months later...
On Twitter ::

Klaine's Booty ‏@DapperKlainer 2h

@MrRPMurphy @mikasounds #GleeSeason5 #MIKA

This needs to happen okay?!

Ok.

https://twitter.com/DapperKlainer/status/364861851915403264/photo/1

Yes it does need to happen! I replied to a Glee tweet a few weeks ago and mentioned Mika again.

surely, with the rise of Popular Song, they should be thinking of Mika for the new season. The only sad thing is that Glee isn't as popular in the UK as it was at first, but it still has UK fans.