Let's try to get Mika's songs onto Glee!

Marilyn Mastin

gleebanner.jpg

This just in --

@GleeShouldSing -

on Twitter

"We've gotten a ton of response for Mika.

Anyone got other suggestions?

Send us those song requests for #GLEE season 3"

Frankly, at the risk of putting "too fine a point on it"

I'd give them ANOTHER ton of 'Songs of MIKA' requests

with the new twitter designation --

#GLEE season 3

Waiting for the Songs of MIKA

Glee+Cast+PNG+Version.png

on 3RD SEASON of GLEE!

http://twitter.com/GleeShouldSing

3RD Season CASTING SCOOP --

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/new-character-scoop-glee-casting-an-adele-meets-susan-boyle-type

PS:

You can add a comment here -- if you want :wink2:

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/glee-season-3-spoilers-the-scoop-on-nice-sue-mercedes-and-sams-ship

Edited by A. Clay

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gleebanner.jpg

FROM

@GleeShouldSing

on TWITTER today --

"What songs should we listen to today?

Should #GLEE sing them?

Tell us, request your favs for next season.

You name them, we'll sing them"

about 8 hours ago via web

HEY BOYZ 'n' GIRLZ,

THE FOLKS AT GLEE ARE MAKING DECISIONS NOW FOR SEASON 3!

KEEP "The Songs of MIKA" campaign going.

LET 'em know @GleeShouldSing what you want to hear on #GLEE season 3

and that #GleeNeedsMika !

on 3RD SEASON of GLEE!

Edited by A. Clay

gleebanner.jpg

FROM

@GleeShouldSing

on TWITTER today --

"What songs should we listen to today?

Should #GLEE sing them?

Tell us, request your favs for next season.

You name them, we'll sing them"

about 8 hours ago via web

HEY BOYZ 'n' GIRLZ,

THE FOLKS AT GLEE ARE MAKING DECISIONS NOW FOR SEASON 3!

KEEP "The Songs of MIKA" campaign going.

LET 'em know @GleeShouldSing what you want to hear on #GLEE season 3

and that #GleeNeedsMika !

on 3RD SEASON of GLEE!

Latest invitations from @GleeShould Sing for Season 3 song suggestions :wink2:

@Snowballx

"Don't forget to send us your song requests for #GLEE season 3!"

13 minutes ago via web in reply to Snowballx

"Send us those #Glee season 3 song requests!

We just listened to some Coldplay, what songs of theirs would be a good fit?"

about 2 hours ago via web

"Who is your favorite character on #GLEE?

Tell us why and what songs you'd love to hear them sing next season."

29 minutes ago via web

Thanks everyone who has responded! I hope the barrage continues with many more fans getting involved. I'm sure they'll have to sing Mika on season 3 now!!

I'm pretty sure too that they'll have to sing Mika on the next season. They've said it themselves that they already got a ton of response.

I havent tweeted them yet but I'm planning on doing that later on today:thumb_yello:

gleebanner.jpg

I'm pretty sure too that they'll have to sing Mika on the next season.

They've said it themselves that they already got a ton of response.

I havent tweeted them yet but I'm planning on doing that later on today:thumb_yello:

Some of the other 'contenders'

@GleeShouldSing

"Send us those #Glee season 3 song requests!

We just listened to some Coldplay,

what songs of theirs would be a good fit?"

12:25 PM Jun 3rd via web

@GleeShouldSing

What is going on gleeks?

We need some #Glee song requests!

about 8 hours ago via Tweetbot for iPhone

SPEAK UP for the songs of MIKA!

glee09-10-27.jpg

on 3RD SEASON of GLEE!

Edited by A. Clay

glee-season-31.png

AS one of the 22,080 members of the MFC,

raise your voice for "Songs of MIKA" on #GLEE season 3.

@GleeShouldSing

What is going on gleeks?

We need some #Glee song requests!

via Tweetbot for iPhone

Let 'em know which song of MIKA you most

would love to hear on #GLEE season 3 !

Glee-Picked-Up-For-Full-Season-500x333.jpg

on 3RD SEASON of GLEE!

Edited by A. Clay

gleebanner.jpg

They're STILL asking for song requests for Season 3 --

@GleeShouldSing

again 2X today . . .

"Who's got some songs for next season on #GLEE?

Let's hear them.

Something new,

give us a song to make us go 'Oh yeah!!!'"

3 minutes ago via web

"Don't forget to send us your requests

for #GLEE season 3.

What songs do you want to hear?

Tell us."

about 5 hours ago via web

Waiting for the Songs of MIKA:

LET THEM KNOW WHICH ONE

YOU'D LIKE FOR THEM TO FEATURE . . .

glee09-10-27.jpg

. . . on 3RD SEASON of GLEE!

Edited by A. Clay

My son told me that Give You Hell by All American Rejects was featured on GLEE!

Fox must like AAR, and they've already been hearing a lot about Mika from us.

Now AAR are colabing with our wonderful boy.

Can we turn this to our advantage?

In other words... If Mika is good enough to work with AAR, he's good enough (and famous enough) for GLEE.

"Praise MIKA"

MikaSounds-LoveToday_makingofthevideo__0039.jpg

My son told me that Give You Hell by All American Rejects

was featured on GLEE!

Fox must like AAR,

and they've already been hearing a lot about Mika from us.

In other words... If Mika is good enough to work with AAR,

he's good enough (and famous enough) for GLEE.

Edited by A. Clay

In other words... If Mika is good enough to work with AAR, he's good enough (and famous enough) for GLEE.

That's so great !!!!! :biggrin2:

... he's working with AAR?

Look, I'm sorry guys, but I really hope Mika doesn't lower himself to the standards of the nasty jingly pop songs on Glee. Firstly - Glee is a flash in the pan - it's terrible in every way, shape and form. The characters have no development whatsoever, they're just straightforward high school "stereotypes".

Secondly, if you're actually a musical freak watching REAL MUSICALS like Bye Bye Birdie, the Phantom of the Opera, The Sound of Music, Rent, My Fair Lady, Sweeney Todd etc, then you'll quickly realize the true misfortune. This "great" show has no original compositions--just remakes of jingly pop songs. All they do is revamp already made songs. There's no originality. Its just a manufactured churn-out, coating good songs in plastic and autotune, week after week.

Lastly, It's making the American Public THINK they enjoy musicals, but they actually don't. If I stuck one of these Gleetards in front of a musical with talent (i.e, My Fair Lady) they would run away to go watch something else. That musical has the amazing Julie Andrews and/or (depending on what version you watch) Audrey Hepburn. Both of these actresses are legends. Nothing good I can say about Gee in that aspect.

Thats why I loved Mika so much. Because he USED to play what pop SHOULD be. Grace Kelly. Relax. Love Today. Happy Ending. Rain. Good Gone Girl. Loverboy. He was refreshing, had his roots in the great music. When he was new Mika professed ignorance to pop music until a later date, and i think that made him better. But now he wallows in all the pop drivel and he whores himself out as Lady Gaga's bestie and as a Glee fan. Remember when those pictures of Lady Gaga and Mika going out to dinner came out, and all the old Mika fans were disgusted that he'd even go out with that 'pop trash' and 'fame whore', if i correctly recall, thats what you labeled her as. But now you suck it up in adoration? WHAT? Argh, Every time Mika professes his undying love for Glee I lose a bit more of my respect for him.

Look, I'm sorry guys, but I really hope Mika doesn't lower himself to the standards of the nasty jingly pop songs on Glee. Firstly - Glee is a flash in the pan - it's terrible in every way, shape and form. The characters have no development whatsoever, they're just straightforward high school "stereotypes".

Secondly, if you're actually a musical freak watching REAL MUSICALS like Bye Bye Birdie, the Phantom of the Opera, The Sound of Music, Rent, My Fair Lady, Sweeney Todd etc, then you'll quickly realize the true misfortune. This "great" show has no original compositions--just remakes of jingly pop songs. All they do is revamp already made songs. There's no originality. Its just a manufactured churn-out, coating good songs in plastic and autotune, week after week.

Lastly, It's making the American Public THINK they enjoy musicals, but they actually don't. If I stuck one of these Gleetards in front of a musical with talent (i.e, My Fair Lady) they would run away to go watch something else. That musical has the amazing Julie Andrews and/or (depending on what version you watch) Audrey Hepburn. Both of these actresses are legends. Nothing good I can say about Gee in that aspect.

Thats why I loved Mika so much. Because he USED to play what pop SHOULD be. Grace Kelly. Relax. Love Today. Happy Ending. Rain. Good Gone Girl. Loverboy. He was refreshing, had his roots in the great music. When he was new Mika professed ignorance to pop music until a later date, and i think that made him better. But now he wallows in all the pop drivel and he whores himself out as Lady Gaga's bestie and as a Glee fan. Remember when those pictures of Lady Gaga and Mika going out to dinner came out, and all the old Mika fans were disgusted that he'd even go out with that 'pop trash' and 'fame whore', if i correctly recall, thats what you labeled her as. But now you suck it up in adoration? WHAT? Argh, Every time Mika professes his undying love for Glee I lose a bit more of my respect for him.

wow.....:shocked:

Deep thoughts lady!:blink:

wow.....:shocked:

Deep thoughts lady!:blink:

:naughty: I'm sick of my friends ravelling own about how blimmin'-FREAKIN'-fantastic Glee is when the musics painful and the plot is thinner than Lady Cassandra off Doctor Who.. :bleh: And the idea that my favorite singer wants a piece of it makes me go GRRRRRRR

Even if Glee is not my style of tv-program, my 15-yo daughter adores it (and she is a really good singer and performer herself, so she knows what she's talking about) and a lot of her friends. Just like a whole lot of people all over the world. If Glee would perform a Mika-song it would give him worldwide attention, people who didn't know him already would after seeing/ hearing Glee.

And about LadyGaga: I am 41 so not the person likely to like her, but I think (and I didn't critize her at any point) she is a great, smart, well-voiced artist. There's nothing wrong with Mika wanting to be associated with her.

But, everybody can have their own point of view. That's what makes the world fun!:blush-anim-cl:

:naughty: I'm sick of my friends ravelling own about how blimmin'-FREAKIN'-fantastic Glee is when the musics painful and the plot is thinner than Lady Cassandra off Doctor Who.. :bleh:

I sometimes watch Glee together with my daughter, because she finds it cozy not to have to watch alone, and yes: the plot may be thin, but I think it's funny from time to time. Not all tv-programs have to have a great, serious plot. There is a lot to choose from on tv, for series with a plot there are a lot of other options.

And did Mika say he "wants a piece of it" or are it fans wanting his song(s) on the show?

Even if Glee is not my style of tv-program, my 15-yo daughter adores it (and she is a really good singer and performer herself, so she knows what she's talking about) and a lot of her friends. Just like a whole lot of people all over the world. If Glee would perform a Mika-song it would give him worldwide attention, people who didn't know him already would after seeing/ hearing Glee.

And about LadyGaga: I am 41 so not the person likely to like her, but I think (and I didn't critize her at any point) she is a great, smart, well-voiced artist. There's nothing wrong with Mika wanting to be associated with her.

But, everybody can have their own point of view. That's what makes the world fun!:blush-anim-cl:

I never said I don't like Lady Gaga, because I do like her and I own one of her albums.

It's good for Mika to be brought to world-wide attention. I just wish that it could be through his raw talent, like how Adele got super-famous, rather then by him conforming to pop music and whoring himself out.

I never said I don't like Lady Gaga, because I do like her and I own one of her albums.

It's good for Mika to be brought to world-wide attention. I just wish that it could be through his raw talent, like how Adele got super-famous, rather then by him conforming to pop music and whoring himself out.

I too want him to make special 'Mika'-music, that is why I am sooo sooo curious about his 3th album.

I sometimes watch Glee together with my daughter, because she finds it cozy not to have to watch alone, and yes: the plot may be thin, but I think it's funny from time to time. Not all tv-programs have to have a great, serious plot. There is a lot to choose from on tv, for series with a plot there are a lot of other options.

And did Mika say he "wants a piece of it" or are it fans wanting his song(s) on the show?

Mm, fair enough. I've watched it with my friends and I just find listening to the music is like eating McDonalds when you could be having a really good meal. But anyway.

I've seen some interviews where Mika warbles about how fantastic he thinks Glee is.

I too want him to make special 'Mika'-music, that is why I am sooo sooo curious about his 3th album.

Heres hoping.... =/