Van:

-------------

PRESS

-------------

Review + Translation

Edited by Droopsy
  • Thanks 1

i translated it :naughty:

The American-Lebanese singer was faithful to his reputation: Mika performed, from 11:15pm to 0h45 am on the big stage of the Beauregard festival. Pink, orange, glittery backgrounds. White and red tailcoat, flower coat, and "leafy" tophat, psychedelic characters taken from a Tim Burton's movie and musician dressed in fluorescent jackets... The stage production was carefully planned, a detail that counts in festivals.

Mika starts strong with "Relax" right from the beggining. Then 3 or 4 slower songs. It's sweet, a little bit like "Sponge Bob" thinks the audience thats getting a bit impatient (:blink:). Then it starts again with Rain or Big Girl. Rythms that makes you want to sway.

Thats what the girls do, alot. The guys, at the back, are more static. It's not the case of the big bouncy teenager who's having a ball on stage. "Tonight is my first French show of the season", he says to the audience.

The songs played on the piano makes the couple get closer, girlfriends hold each other by the shoulder. In comparison to Iggy Pop, yesterday's big star, the average of the audience age seriously dropped. Alot of kids, on the shoulders of their parents, and alot of balloons in the public (heres alot of blabla about the kids and their balloons.. not very essential:blink:)

It's soon the end, with the bouncy teenager (what is it with critics and "bouncy" these days:blink:). Then, the encore of course. The 2007 hit Grace Kelly, the version with the verses in French, then the unifier Lollipop to end the show. On stage, the characters of LICM are all lined up.

Mika knows how to bring back the audience to their naive teenage years, no matter what says the critics, its good for the moral. Effective.

:fangurl:

Edited by LilStar
  • Thanks 1

old report video

2010.01.03 - F3 Basse-Normandie - Mika au festival Beauregard samedi 3 juillet 2010 à Hérouville-Saint-Clair

le chanteur Mika tête d'affiche au festival Beauregard samedi 3 janvier 2010 à Hérouville-Saint-Clair

Interview sur le plateau de F3 Basse-Normandie du directeur de la salle de concert le BBC et le programmateur du festival Beauregard Paul Langeois

cf. http://avranchesinfos.canalblog.com/

source : F3 Basse-Normandie, mercredi 20 janvier 2010 édition 18h45

festival beauregard 2010 teaser POP THE FISH

festival beauregard 2010 - la prog

*fan videos

Relax by Mika festival Beauregard Samedi 3/7/10

Mika Fesival Beauregard 2010

Blue Eyes - Mika a fait le show, dans la nuit de samedi à dimanche, sur la grande scène du festival Beauregard, à Hérouville Saint-Clair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xBlRDFP1I4

Dr.John - Mika a fait le show, dans la nuit de samedi à dimanche, sur la grande scène du festival Beauregard, à Hérouville Saint-Clair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODVMacLN7cA&feature=channel

• Thanks 1

http://www.festivalbeauregard.com/

n1684455124_4796.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/john.beauregard

http://www.myspace.com/festivalbeauregard

écoutez la playlist du festival

http://www.festivalbeauregard.com/zik.html

pola_mika.jpg

l’info en + de john

Parce que sa musique nous fait

pousser des ailes, Mika c’est bon

comme du chocolat...

John’ corner

because his music makes us grow wings,

Mika is as good as chocolate...

http://www.festivalbeauregard.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=58

• Thanks 1

Hi!!!:biggrin2:

The show at Beauregard was very nice!!:thumb_yello:

It was the first time that I have heard Kick Ass in live :wub2:

Two videos of the gig:

:teehee:

:thumb_yello:

and photos! :mf_lustslow:

125782861-25a56b16b29506d7fd0a27bb2a57b215.4c32f798-scaled.jpg

125782559-10bb47ebb6e3685b65a5ee638844c822.4c32f798-scaled.jpg

125782190-53272db6bdf5a07d2e9d36eb07106b08.4c32f798-scaled.jpg

125783382.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1278422804&Signature=m42zSO%2Bk1%2F7o1liWbeU535trN%2Bw%3D

:wub2:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was there but couldn't post my report sooner as Mika's gig was at the begining of my holiday,away from computers, that's why I can only type my (very long) report now.

I might have to do this in several steps!

My gig report (the epic story of how I lost my Mika virginity in Beauregard (Hérouville, near Caen in Normandy in France on July 3rd 2010)

I had prepared for this gig for a very long time! I was finally going to lose my Mika virginity which meant the world to me! I had bought four tickets as soon as Kumazz told me about that gig.

It was not too far from where I live , it was on a Saturday and it was the start of our holiday.

I figured since my husband likes Normandy and it was a festival , he would not say no as

he could watch many other singers. It was a compromise and he said yes. It's not only about

Mika, we seem to disagree on everything except that we both love our kids. (Sorry to get personal

but my life is so complicated because of him and that's why it took me so long to see Mika and it will take me a while to see him again) Right now, it's night time and I'm typing my report I've written during the holidays and if he wakes up he'll get mad but I don't care, I can't wait to share it all with you my MC family)

Anyway, my relunctant husband had said yes. I figured it was like a deal; I'd have my Mika gig and after that he could drive us wherever he wanted with the camping car; he likes the contryside and I love the seaside.

I had made myself a "big good gone girl"t-shirt with a big blue glittery bust and I had bought myself

black and blue eyelashes, golden glitter hairspray, golden hearts, flowers and butterflies to stick on my arms, body jewels and a red glittery hat.

I had decorated a white t-shirt and a white shirt for Mika, and with a stone I had found on the beach I had made for him a "Toy dog" I was also going to give him a TOFU rubik's cube that

Kumazz had mailed me for him, and a pair of black small earings in shape of skulls.

I was so hoping to meet Mika after the gig (or before as on the official festival site, they said there would be a special FNAC location for meeting the artists.)

Anyway the night before we left hubby got mad at me and said we wouldn't go anywhere on holidays.

On the next morning,I pleaded my cause trying not to lose Mika nor hubby. It's not only about the gig; I live for glitter and he does not! Anyway I told him everything he wanted to hear and we left. Good thing Mika wasn't on stage until 11:15 PM because we only got there by 7 PM! I had to sell my husband's ticket to someone because he had decided he wouln't get it (although he said he would have wanted to!

That was better for me that he didn't come because without him i could put on my outfit, my make up and :fangurl: as much as i liked! :)

I also thought it would be easier to try and meet Mika after his show if hubby wasn't there as he would have thought I was crazy!

I carried a bagpack for my clothes and Mika's gift and another one with my red hat and Mika's paper medal and my Good Gone Gil drawing that I was hoping he might sign!

Lots of hopes! Great expectations!

So my husband drove the camping car to the parking spot, didn't say much and we got off my kids and I. We had to walk 1,7 kilometers to get to the castle where the festival was taking place.

The security guy who was checking inside the bags smiled when he saw the two big lollipops I was carrying along! I told him that I had come only for Mika and he said "Everybody did!"

We gave our tickets after I'd sold my husband's to a young man, we were alowed to keep half of the tickets which was nice. there were two stages and artists would be alternatively on one or the other. Needless to say I did not move from the one where Mika was going to be!

I had forgotten to bring a mirror with me and I had to turn into Good Gone Girl in the open air, so that was a problem! (Remember to bring a mirror in such cases)

So I changed my top , put on golden glitter spray on my hair, my red hat on top of my head, golden stickers in the shape of hearts and butterflies on my arms and applied pikl lipstick , sprayed on some perfume, put on my black and white skull tiny eraings but when it came to my fake eyelashes i really needed a mirror and my daughter didn't want to apply them on me, so my sweet son did the job! We really laughed doing this!! And after a few try outs they fitted perfectly; even though I had picked discreet ones at first I ended up with the blue flahy ones that seemed to be easier to apply! I don't think anyone would have recognized me!That was so much fun! Thanks my sweet son, you rock!

The evening went on and I was so happy and excited; i wans't hungry or thirsty, I was just totally waiting for Mika! Several groups or singers ; one group was good, one French singer was hurting everybody's ears and people put on plugs in their ears as he was yelling so much; some people liked him though, so when I tried to get closer to the stage, I couln't be as close as I would have wanted to though, I was not to far but I wish I'd been even closer; without my kids I would have glued myself to the stage fro the begining, but they had stayed on the side. I was among lots of young Mika fans sending mails and taking pics....I had not checked my camera and it had no battery so i have no pics, although I'd bought a big memory card , hoping to film and take pics but our departure was almost cancelled so I didn't dare asking anybody where the electric wire was (my daughter knew where it was but nobody spoke on the way there)

My daughter filmed a little with her phone but she said the sound was bad. I still have to check that with her! She was a lot further than i was from the stage.

I couln't not have possibly filmed myself anyway as everyone was moving and my camera would have moved or fall t the floor; it was a huge crowd of happy teenagers and some happy not teenagers like me!

We waited for Mika for a long time while many people where prepapring the scenary on stage; it was impressive, for the others artists the stage was ready in two or three minutes, for Mika there were so many props to be brought it took a very long time;as he brough his whole world with him. We could see the picture of a TOFU on the left.In the first rows people started singing "Blame it one the girls" without even waiting for Mika! That was funny! There were so many and so many sunflowers being brought on stage, and Mika's piano and the cementary. People yelled several times but Mika wasn't even there yet! Then after a very very long wait he was on stage and people yelled again! He was there wearing his red and white stripped t-shirt and white paints and a dark vest! He was there for real!I had to move at times to see him well but he was there , my dream was coming true! it was unbelievable! I was at home!

I tried to keep track of the playlist but it was hard to concentrate and keep it in my head as I was dancing and singing and screaming with all the people in the crowd.

Forgive me and correct me if I make mistakes:

Relax

Big Girl (you are beautiful)

Blame it on the girls

Dr John

Blue eyes

Rain

Billy Brown

Touches you

Happy Ending

Lollipop

Grace Kelly (first part in French, then in English)

We are golden

Kick ass

Love today

No Good Gone Girl for me this time :crybaby:but I still love you Mika, it'll be for next gig! :)

At some point he said in French that he was happy to be back in France , that it was his first date in France for festivals! :) and he made us happy!

Relax was the very first one and I didn't know everyone would be dancing and it was so good that we were all moving with the same rythm waving our hands to Mika, that was so good! Like we were all in a disco , sharing Mika's love and vibes! it was so awesome and fantastic to be all united with Mika love. His smile in real life, the way he jumped and played with us! I swear I saw him flying when he jumps on his piano, he's like a super hero!

When he sang" Big Girl (you are beautiful) I waved my read glitter hat like crazy , hoping he'd get a glimpse of me smiling at him , or at least that he's see my hat! I hope he did! At some poit in between two songs I screamed "Mika! On t'aime!" (Mika! We love you!) Poeple around me looked at me and smiled , I hope he heard me. my son who was further way from me than Mika said he heard me and saw my hat too!

when he sang Big girl 'you're beautiful, I could see the M on the inflatable leg that was thrown into the audience. (to be continued tomorrow, I should really get to bed now!)

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I was there but couldn't post my report sooner as Mika's gig was at the begining of my holiday,away from computers, that's why I can only type my (very long) report now.

I might have to do this in several steps!

My gig report (the epic story of how I lost my Mika virginity in Beauregard (Hérouville, near Caen in Normandy in France on July 3rd 2010)

I had prepared for this gig for a very long time! I was finally going to lose my Mika virginity which meant the world to me! I had bought four tickets as soon as Kumazz told me about that gig.

It was not too far from where I live , it was on a Saturday and it was the start of our holiday.

I figured since my husband likes Normandy and it was a festival , he would not say no as

he could watch many other singers. It was a compromise and he said yes. It's not only about

Mika, we seem to disagree on everything except that we both love our kids. (Sorry to get personal

but my life is so complicated because of him and that's why it took me so long to see Mika and it will take me a while to see him again) Right now, it's night time and I'm typing my report I've written during the holidays and if he wakes up he'll get mad but I don't care, I can't wait to share it all with you my MC family)

Anyway, my relunctant husband had said yes. I figured it was like a deal; I'd have my Mika gig and after that he could drive us wherever he wanted with the camping car; he likes the contryside and I love the seaside.

I had made myself a "big good gone girl"t-shirt with a big blue glittery bust and I had bought myself

black and blue eyelashes, golden glitter hairspray, golden hearts, flowers and butterflies to stick on my arms, body jewels and a red glittery hat.

I had decorated a white t-shirt and a white shirt for Mika, and with a stone I had found on the beach I had made for him a "Toy dog" I was also going to give him a TOFU rubik's cube that

Kumazz had mailed me for him, and a pair of black small earings in shape of skulls.

I was so hoping to meet Mika after the gig (or before as on the official festival site, they said there would be a special FNAC location for meeting the artists.)

Anyway the night before we left hubby got mad at me and said we wouldn't go anywhere on holidays.

On the next morning,I pleaded my cause trying not to lose Mika nor hubby. It's not only about the gig; I live for glitter and he does not! Anyway I told him everything he wanted to hear and we left. Good thing Mika wasn't on stage until 11:15 PM because we only got there by 7 PM! I had to sell my husband's ticket to someone because he had decided he wouln't get it (although he said he would have wanted to!

That was better for me that he didn't come because without him i could put on my outfit, my make up and :fangurl: as much as i liked! :)

I also thought it would be easier to try and meet Mika after his show if hubby wasn't there as he would have thought I was crazy!

I carried a bagpack for my clothes and Mika's gift and another one with my red hat and Mika's paper medal and my Good Gone Gil drawing that I was hoping he might sign!

Lots of hopes! Great expectations!

So my husband drove the camping car to the parking spot, didn't say much and we got off my kids and I. We had to walk 1,7 kilometers to get to the castle where the festival was taking place.

The security guy who was checking inside the bags smiled when he saw the two big lollipops I was carrying along! I told him that I had come only for Mika and he said "Everybody did!"

We gave our tickets after I'd sold my husband's to a young man, we were alowed to keep half of the tickets which was nice. there were two stages and artists would be alternatively on one or the other. Needless to say I did not move from the one where Mika was going to be!

I had forgotten to bring a mirror with me and I had to turn into Good Gone Girl in the open air, so that was a problem! (Remember to bring a mirror in such cases)

So I changed my top , put on golden glitter spray on my hair, my red hat on top of my head, golden stickers in the shape of hearts and butterflies on my arms and applied pikl lipstick , sprayed on some perfume, put on my black and white skull tiny eraings but when it came to my fake eyelashes i really needed a mirror and my daughter didn't want to apply them on me, so my sweet son did the job! We really laughed doing this!! And after a few try outs they fitted perfectly; even though I had picked discreet ones at first I ended up with the blue flahy ones that seemed to be easier to apply! I don't think anyone would have recognized me!That was so much fun! Thanks my sweet son, you rock!

The evening went on and I was so happy and excited; i wans't hungry or thirsty, I was just totally waiting for Mika! Several groups or singers ; one group was good, one French singer was hurting everybody's ears and people put on plugs in their ears as he was yelling so much; some people liked him though, so when I tried to get closer to the stage, I couln't be as close as I would have wanted to though, I was not to far but I wish I'd been even closer; without my kids I would have glued myself to the stage fro the begining, but they had stayed on the side. I was among lots of young Mika fans sending mails and taking pics....I had not checked my camera and it had no battery so i have no pics, although I'd bought a big memory card , hoping to film and take pics but our departure was almost cancelled so I didn't dare asking anybody where the electric wire was (my daughter knew where it was but nobody spoke on the way there)

My daughter filmed a little with her phone but she said the sound was bad. I still have to check that with her! She was a lot further than i was from the stage.

I couln't not have possibly filmed myself anyway as everyone was moving and my camera would have moved or fall t the floor; it was a huge crowd of happy teenagers and some happy not teenagers like me!

We waited for Mika for a long time while many people where prepapring the scenary on stage; it was impressive, for the others artists the stage was ready in two or three minutes, for Mika there were so many props to be brought it took a very long time;as he brough his whole world with him. We could see the picture of a TOFU on the left.In the first rows people started singing "Blame it one the girls" without even waiting for Mika! That was funny! There were so many and so many sunflowers being brought on stage, and Mika's piano and the cementary. People yelled several times but Mika wasn't even there yet! Then after a very very long wait he was on stage and people yelled again! He was there wearing his red and white stripped t-shirt and white paints and a dark vest! He was there for real!I had to move at times to see him well but he was there , my dream was coming true! it was unbelievable! I was at home!

I tried to keep track of the playlist but it was hard to concentrate and keep it in my head as I was dancing and singing and screaming with all the people in the crowd.

Forgive me and correct me if I make mistakes:

Relax

Big Girl (you are beautiful)

Blame it on the girls

Dr John

Blue eyes

Rain

Billy Brown

Touches you

Happy Ending

Lollipop

Grace Kelly (first part in French, then in English)

We are golden

Kick ass

Love today

No Good Gone Girl for me this time :crybaby:but I still love you Mika, it'll be for next gig! :)

At some point he said in French that he was happy to be back in France , that it was his first date in France for festivals! :) and he made us happy!

Relax was the very first one and I didn't know everyone would be dancing and it was so good that we were all moving with the same rythm waving our hands to Mika, that was so good! Like we were all in a disco , sharing Mika's love and vibes! it was so awesome and fantastic to be all united with Mika love. His smile in real life, the way he jumped and played with us! I swear I saw him flying when he jumps on his piano, he's like a super hero!

When he sang" Big Girl (you are beautiful) I waved my read glitter hat like crazy , hoping he'd get a glimpse of me smiling at him , or at least that he's see my hat! I hope he did! At some poit in between two songs I screamed "Mika! On t'aime!" (Mika! We love you!) Poeple around me looked at me and smiled , I hope he heard me. my son who was further way from me than Mika said he heard me and saw my hat too!

when he sang Big girl 'you're beautiful, I could see the M on the inflatable leg that was thrown into the audience. (to be continued tomorrow, I should really get to bed now!)

Wonderful report:wub2: Cant wait to read part 2.

• Like 1

My gig report part 2! Thanks for reading and for your sweet comments! :wub2:

I was too far to play with the Big Girl leg, but seing it move around was amazing! It is so huge! I think Mika performed Rain afterwards but I was so overwhelmed I'm not even sure remember correctly in which order he sang his songs!

I felt so at home, like I had been giving so much love and harmony that nothing wrong could ever happen to me again. I kept waving my hat to Mika and feeling happy, dancing with all those people around me! My dream was coming true and reality was even better than my dream; I felt so fullfilled and complete! Then he sand Dr John with his multicolored feather coat and his hat! He mad us sing too, that was great!

Everytime we clapped our hands to the music I waved my glitter hat to mIka and i have the crazy feeling he looked at me and smile back! (I must have imaged that probably! Some people were taking pics of themselves and I caught a glimpse of of myself on two of them and I looked so happy with my big smile and my red hat in my hand! I had made it finally! (Sorry, real life and work's calling me but I'll try to finish tonight! I still have three more pages left to type) with my Mika dream I had the night after the gig! Awww! :fangurl: