REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ Festival de Beauregard, Caen, France - 3 July 2010

Droopsy

My gig report part 2! Thanks for reading and for your sweet comments! :wub2:

I was too far to play with the Big Girl leg, but seing it move around was amazing! It is so huge! I think Mika performed Rain afterwards but I was so overwhelmed I'm not even sure remember correctly in which order he sang his songs!

I felt so at home, like I had been giving so much love and harmony that nothing wrong could ever happen to me again. I kept waving my hat to Mika and feeling happy, dancing with all those people around me! My dream was coming true and reality was even better than my dream; I felt so fullfilled and complete! Then he sand Dr John with his multicolored feather coat and his hat! He mad us sing too, that was great!

Everytime we clapped our hands to the music I waved my glitter hat to Mika and I have the crazy feeling he looked at me and smile back! (I must have imaged that probably! Some people were taking pics of themselves and I caught a glimpse of of myself on two of them and I looked so happy with my big smile and my red hat in my hand! I had made it finally! :fangurl:

Wag and Rain were remix versions and we all danced like crazy in the crowd! It was warm and love was in the air.All united and happy to get our share of Mika's fantastic energy. Oh, my, he's such a great performer and he knows how to make his audience happy and wild!

At some point he introduced his band's members and he said they were all jalous of him! :lmfao:

And close to the end of Lollipop he "shot" all the band members, one after another, then he said "Bonne nuit (Good night)" as if the show was over and everybody yelled at him. So he said "Oh, excuse me I'm being rude. I forgot to kill myself!" and he threw himself on the floor! That was so funny!

Then everyone got up again for the end of Lollipop!

I forgot to say he split us in two sides to sing "Blame it on the girls" and "Blame it on the boys"; I was on the "Blame it on the boys" side, screaming my heart out but Mika seemed to believe the "Blame it on the girls" side made more noise!

All the other songs were great too with first part of Grace Kelly in French and wag, then kick ass which he introduced as a new song (my heart skipped a beat then as I thought maybe he's sing a song I had never heard yet!) Kick Ass live is awww!

Love Today was the last song....then Mika left...:crybaby:

The FNAC had a special tent where you could meet the artists but only two singers used it, not Mika unfortunately. And after the show I didn't find Mika either...my kids wanted drinks and I didn't know where Mika might be...I did find my way to the fan stuff they were selling and bought just about anything they had so that sort of made up for not meeting Mika personally...I left with my presents for Mika but I got myself the WAG mug, keyring, lovely book of the Imaginarium tour, a blue t-shirt with TBWKTM cover in front and on the back all the tour dates (which was great to keep up with Mika even though I had no internet for three weeks), his four badges (I've been wearing one everyday ever since), Dr John's bag; they sold no copybooks or posters, otherwise I would have bought those too! :naughty:

As it was getting cold, I put on my Mika t-shirt (the first official I ever got because I have five homemade one) and I felt wrapped up into Mika's tenderness. Mika was keeping me warm and happy as ever!

Now all I want is another Mika gig! :fangurl: like in a small place and an accoustic tour! My dream would be to be able to follow him around as we all do!

The night after I lost my Mika virginity I had the most wonderful dream ever!

I dreamt Mika was getting into his car (about to drive , I know that's wierd!)

I called him, he didn't shut the door, got out of the car and I gave him his gifts. He gave me a hug and a kiss and someone took a pic.I showed him my drawings, he signed one, we walked into a big building, went downstairs, still talking and laughing like we'd been friends forever. His smile was the cutest and the brightest I've ever seen... Then he sat on a huge white bed and staring yawning and his eyes kept shutting although he

tried to fight sleep. He said he was tired and we both lay on the bed, side by side in the bed under the white sheets and slept together like little children all night long, a peaceful relaxing sleep , not touching but breathing on the same rythm.... too bad when I woke up he wasn't by my side I could still feel his presence though because my dream was so real! I always go to bed happily, hoping for a new Mika dream like this one!

I was too far to play with the Big Girl leg, but seing it move around was amazing! It is so huge! I think Mika performed Rain afterwards but I was so overwhelmed I'm not even sure remember correctly in which order he sang his songs!

I felt so at home, like I had been giving so much love and harmony that nothing wrong could ever happen to me again. I kept waving my hat to Mika and feeling happy, dancing with all those people around me! My dream was coming true and reality was even better than my dream; I felt so fullfilled and complete! Then he sand Dr John with his multicolored feather coat and his hat! He mad us sing too, that was great!

Everytime we clapped our hands to the music I waved my glitter hat to Mika and I have the crazy feeling he looked at me and smile back! (I must have imaged that probably! Some people were taking pics of themselves and I caught a glimpse of of myself on two of them and I looked so happy with my big smile and my red hat in my hand! I had made it finally! :fangurl:

Wag and Rain were remix versions and we all danced like crazy in the crowd! It was warm and love was in the air.All united and happy to get our share of Mika's fantastic energy. Oh, my, he's such a great performer and he knows how to make his audience happy and wild!

At some point he introduced his band's members and he said they were all jalous of him! :lmfao:

And close to the end of Lollipop he "shot" all the band members, one after another, then he said "Bonne nuit (Good night)" as if the show was over and everybody yelled at him. So he said "Oh, excuse me I'm being rude. I forgot to kill myself!" and he threw himself on the floor! That was so funny!

I forgot to say he split us in two sides to sing "Blame it on the girls" and "Blame it on the boys"; I was on the "Blame it on the boys" side, screaming my heart out but Mika seemed to believe the "Blame it on the girls" side made more noise!

All the other songs were great too with first part of Grace Kelly in French and wag, then kick ass which he introduced as a new song (my heart skipped a beat then as I thought maybe he's sing a song I had never heard yet!) Kick Ass live is awww!

The FNAC had a special tent where you could meet the artists but only two singers used it, not Mika unfortunately. And after the show I didn't find Mika either...my kids wanted drinks and I didn't know where Mika might be...I did find my way to the fan stuff they were selling and bought just about anything they had so that sort of made up for not meeting Mika personally...I left with my presents for Mika but I got myself the WAG mug, keyring, lovely book of the Imaginarium tour, a blue t-shirt with TBWKTM cover in front and on the back all the tour dates (which was great to keep up with Mika even though I had no internet for three weeks), his four badges (I've been wearing one everyday ever since), Dr John's bag; they sold no copybooks or posters, otherwise I would have bought those too! :naughty:

As it was getting cold, I put on my Mika t-shirt (the first official I ever got because I have five homemade one) and I felt wrapped up into Mika's tenderness. Mika was keeping me warm and happy as ever!

Now all I want is another Mika gig! :fangurl: like in a small place and an accoustic tour! My dream would be to be able to follow him around as we all do!

I called him, he didn't shut the door, got out of the car and I gave him his gifts. He gave me a hug and a kiss and someone took a pic.I showed him my drawings, he signed one, we walked into a big building, went downstairs, still talking and laughing like we'd been friends forever. His smile was the cutest and the brightest I've ever seen... Then he sat on a huge white bed and staring yawning and his eyes kept shutting although he

tried to fight sleep. He said he was tired and we both lay on the bed, side by side in the bed under the white sheets and slept together like little children all night long, a peaceful relaxing sleep , not touching but breathing on the same rythm.... too bad when I woke up he wasn't by my side I could still feel his presence though because my dream was so real! I always go to bed happily, hoping for a new Mika dream like this one!

Thank you once again for yr wonderful report Anne!! :tears::wub2:

Bolded parts: exactly my feelings at Mika's gigs and especially during the first one: I couldn't believe he was real and in front of me! :mf_lustslow:

Oh and your Mikadream! I think it is the sweetest one I've ever heard! :fangurl:

I'm sorry you didn't meet him, neither did I the first time, but I had a few chances afterwards, I'm sure you'll meet him next time!

Fortunately you found the merchandise and could get many goodies!! :naughty::mf_lustslow:

• Like 1

I was so happy to share my feelings with you! :group_hug: Thanks for reading and commenting! :huglove:As I was typing my notes , I was living the gig again and I was happy as if I was there again! I will keep and cherish these wonderful moments for ever in my heart!

I drew a lot on the road and now I have drawings for Mika's 2010 MFC yearbook! :) and I will also participate in the travelling for Mika stories this time! :woot_jump:

I also wrote poems and will select some for the yearbook!

And I bought sunflowers seeds for my garden next summer because sunflowers now always remind me of Mika and make me happy!

Oh, I forgot to tell you about the funniest feelings I got everhearing two people saying during Mika's show

-Do you think he's gay? and

-I don't like that "Kick Ass" a much as the other songs

I felt that they were so rude and that they were talking about a member of my family...really!

Did you ever feel like that too?

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I'm glad you had such a fantastic time :huglove: - I sure you will get to meet him on the next tour - at one time I thought I would never even get to speak to him, but we have chatted a few times now.

And your dream was lovely :wub2:

• Like 1

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i just fangurled ALOT!!!!!

im so happy for you hunny!!!!!! :huglove:

• Like 1

i translated it :naughty:

The American-Lebanese singer was faithful to his reputation: Mika performed, from 11:15pm to 0h45 am on the big stage of the Beauregard festival. Pink, orange, glittery backgrounds. White and red tailcoat, flower coat, and "leafy" tophat, psychedelic characters taken from a Tim Burton's movie and musician dressed in fluorescent jackets... The stage production was carefully planned, a detail that counts in festivals.

Mika starts strong with "Relax" right from the beggining. Then 3 or 4 slower songs. It's sweet, a little bit like "Sponge Bob" thinks the audience thats getting a bit impatient (:blink:). Then it starts again with Rain or Big Girl. Rythms that makes you want to sway.

Thats what the girls do, alot. The guys, at the back, are more static. It's not the case of the big bouncy teenager who's having a ball on stage. "Tonight is my first French show of the season", he says to the audience.

The songs played on the piano makes the couple get closer, girlfriends hold each other by the shoulder. In comparison to Iggy Pop, yesterday's big star, the average of the audience age seriously dropped. Alot of kids, on the shoulders of their parents, and alot of balloons in the public (heres alot of blabla about the kids and their balloons.. not very essential:blink:)

It's soon the end, with the bouncy teenager (what is it with critics and "bouncy" these days:blink:). Then, the encore of course. The 2007 hit Grace Kelly, the version with the verses in French, then the unifier Lollipop to end the show. On stage, the characters of LICM are all lined up.

Mika knows how to bring back the audience to their naive teenage years, no matter what says the critics, its good for the moral. Effective.

:fangurl:

About the Sponge Bob thing, all I can say is that they were selling Sponge Bob and Patrick balloons that kids let go and they were flying up or getting caught in trees, but that's all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Bumping the thread because I'm so happy to have found those on mikawebsite.com tonight :tears:

They're not excellent quality, but they moved me so much , awwwww sweet memories :fangurl:

http://www.mikawebsite.com/GALERIES/GALERIE16/

I know how it feels to discover new pics or videos from a gig you attended, it's a bit like turning back time:wub2:

t4p as well:thumb_yello:

• Like 1