REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika @ Rock in Roma, Rome, Italy, 6-JUL-2010

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my short review of the show.

First of all, as I've mentioned before, I loved the atmosphere and the audience reaction. But even before the concert the venue looked like a huge picnic! People were playing cards, eating and drinking and singing songs. WE arrived at about 17.00 which was still good enough for row 3!

What I absolutely loved was that Mika entered the stage when it was already dark - last time I was him at Eden Sessions where the show began at dusk.

For the first time in my life I couldn't hear anything coming from the stage because of the audience reaction to the first sounds of Relax:thumb_yello:

The first sounds I heard was only when Mika started singing the first verse.

Then Big Girl and Stuck In The Middle followed with the 'world famous trumpet solo'. I loved the fact that Mika spoke a lot in Italian, but he also was talking in English, so that everyone understood.

I couldn't wait to hear Kick A*s but I was expecting it at the end, after GK (like he did in Cornwall). But here the song was somewhere in the first half of the show and we all had a blast! I had the impression the whole Rome could hear us sing the chorus! Same was in We Are Golden!

For the majority of the show Mika was shirtless - no wonder - it was boiling despite late evening. We could feel he had a great time and loved the interaction with all of us!

Highlight of the evening: before Grace Kelly he said the whole evening was dedicated to his Roman fan club who not only were sending him letters asking to come to Rome but also went to his house in London and asked him there:naughty:

After the gig we were waiting for him and wanted to ask about his first ever gig in Warsaw. We did succeed and what we got exceeded our expectations! Mika, when we asked him: Guess where you'll be playing at the end of next month, just looked at us and said: POLAND! Our reaction made a few people approach us when we finished and ask what he said to us and who we were:aah:

All in all everithing was perfect. I'd like to thank Agnieszka and Kamila for making these 3 days really special. It was my first ever Mika gig outside the UK and you know what? I've decided to do it more often!

Pics will follow shortly.

You are welcome :wub2: Did you/your hubby film Love Today? I always wish I had filmed it, but I love it so much and usually I want to only dance and not film at the same time during it...

he filmed the beginning of LT :)

Funeral March + beginning of Love Today

Here's my short review of the show.

First of all, as I've mentioned before, I loved the atmosphere and the audience reaction. But even before the concert the venue looked like a huge picnic! People were playing cards, eating and drinking and singing songs. WE arrived at about 17.00 which was still good enough for row 3!

What I absolutely loved was that Mika entered the stage when it was already dark - last time I was him at Eden Sessions where the show began at dusk.

For the first time in my life I couldn't hear anything coming from the stage because of the audience reaction to the first sounds of Relax:thumb_yello:

The first sounds I heard was only when Mika started singing the first verse.

Then Big Girl and Stuck In The Middle followed with the 'world famous trumpet solo'. I loved the fact that Mika spoke a lot in Italian, but he also was talking in English, so that everyone understood.

I couldn't wait to hear Kick A*s but I was expecting it at the end, after GK (like he did in Cornwall). But here the song was somewhere in the first half of the show and we all had a blast! I had the impression the whole Rome could hear us sing the chorus! Same was in We Are Golden!

For the majority of the show Mika was shirtless - no wonder - it was boiling despite late evening. We could feel he had a great time and loved the interaction with all of us!

Highlight of the evening: before Grace Kelly he said the whole evening was dedicated to his Roman fan club who not only were sending him letters asking to come to Rome but also went to his house in London and asked him there:naughty:

After the gig we were waiting for him and wanted to ask about his first ever gig in Warsaw. We did succeed and what we got exceeded our expectations! Mika, when we asked him: Guess where you'll be playing at the end of next month, just looked at us and said: POLAND! Our reaction made a few people approach us when we finished and ask what he said to us and who we were:aah:

All in all everithing was perfect. I'd like to thank Agnieszka and Kamila for making these 3 days really special. It was my first ever Mika gig outside the UK and you know what? I've decided to do it more often!

Pics will follow shortly.

Sounds like you had lots of fun! :thumb_yello: I hope you remember, Kasia, that we are all impatienly waiting for THE video! :das:

Edited by Grace Ally

Sounds like you had lots of fun! :thumb_yello: I hope you remember, Kasia, that we are all impatienly waiting for THE video! :das:

It's on my FB page Alicja :thumb_yello: Hope that's ok with Kasia :original:

Edited by agnieszka

Marina, the sound from your camera is perfect! You was so far from the scene, but the voice is crystal clear! It's amazing.
:wub2:

:bye: let's say that we bombarded him with anything: mail, letters, pleas, menaces, even stalking :roftl:
poor Mika! :naughty:

Thank you everyone for pics/vids/reports!!! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Here's my last video

BG + SITM

(no YT coz it's too long and if edited looses quality and becomes too big)

1) http://www.megavideo.com/?d=U7P6Y033

2) http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/xdzcue_mika-bg-sitm-roma-6-7-2010_music

the megavideo one looks like better quality than dailymotion to me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and here are all videos:

Beginning of show

Relax

Big Girl

Big Girl + Stuck in the Middle 1)http://www.megavideo.com/?d=U7P6Y033 2)http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/xdzcue_mika-bg-sitm-roma-6-7-2010_music

Dr John

Rain

BIOTG

Kick Ass

Over my Shoulder

Happy Ending

Funeral March + beginning of Love Today

Everybody Jump! (End Love Today) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO7sL3kbxMI&feature=channel

WAG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Thl0prD7eE&feature=channel

Talking + beginning Toy Boy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0PQuKEzik&feature=channel

Lollipop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSyuIw_wHo&feature=channel

:wub2:

poor Mika! :naughty:

You girls had a lovely night with him. But I'm so amazed with his gig at Exit that for the first time don't miss anything at all. :wink2:

And I'm so happy that some of his most excited gigs happened in my country.:wub2:

You girls had a lovely night with him. But I'm so amazed with his gig at Exit that for the first time don't miss anything at all. :wink2:

And I'm so happy that some of his most excited gigs happened in my country.:wub2:

I saw you had an amazing night as well and I'm so happy for you girls!! :wub2:

You really deserved it!!

will catch up with the Exit thread asap :wink2:

I saw you had an amazing night as well and I'm so happy for you girls!! :wub2:

You really deserved it!!

will catch up with the Exit thread asap :wink2:

Thanks my dear:huglove:

You always do a great job and you always did, having such a great experience. :blush-anim-cl:But we...for the first time. ...such energy of the crowd.:aah::mf_lustslow:

Hi everybody!!!

I was in Rome and it was simply amazing, really!! Probably my best gig so far, loved the energy, we were so loud!!!

Waiting to have the time to write a proper report and to enjoy yours and all your pics and vids, I'll post my vids!

First of all here is my little video of the dedication Mika did to all the Roman Fans!

here is what he said:

i would like to dedicate this show to all the roman fan club, who not only sent me letters so that i would come to perform here tonight, they also came to my house in london to tell me that i should come to perform in rome. they also wrote me a letter which hundreds of them signed. so this night is dedicated to them.

translation:

vorrei dedicare questo show a tutto il fan club romano che non solo mi ha spedito delle lettere per farmi venire a suonare qui stasera, ma sono anche venuti a casa mia a londra per dirmi che avrei dovuto venire a suonare a roma. mi hanno anche scritto una lettera che hanno firmato in centinaia. quindi questa serata è dedicata a loro

amazing, isn't it? :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

and then here are my vids from the show:

stuck in the middle

touches you

kick ass

BIOTG

death march

toy boy

lollipop

i don't have any good pic, just this is just decent.. :naughty:

34563_136208193069985_1000004241673.jpg

for other 'masterpieces' click here! http://s675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/LilVioletPb/mika%20in%20rome%20-%2006%20jul%202010/

it's everything i have, hope to be able to come back soon!!! :bye:

Edited by Lil'Violet

Ehy all! Just went home after this two amazing italian gigs in Rome and Udine and a little family trip as well, tomorrow i'll add my comments too and explorer these wonderful report 3ds atm i just to thank everyone who makes these 2 days a dream come true to me, i'll do my part of job tomorrow leave you with a goodnight from this too tired but really happy girl :)

@Maurizia adoro le tue foto!!!! specialmente quella di Love today, perchè i fiori che ha in mano li ho buttati iooo :naughty:

come un'imbranatella :teehee:

Ehy all! Just went home after this two amazing italian gigs in Rome and Udine and a little family trip as well, tomorrow i'll add my comments too and explorer these wonderful report 3ds atm i just to thank everyone who makes these 2 days a dream come true to me, i'll do my part of job tomorrow leave you with a goodnight from this too tired but really happy girl :)

welcome back honey :huglove:

welcome back, dear! :huglove:

Grazie davvero :bow: a chi ha contribuito a portare il nostro Golden Boy che ne sa davvero too much a Roma!!

Questo primo concerto non lo dimenticherò facile, porto nel cuore, oggi, e chissà per quanto tempo ancora (I won't forget this concert. I bring into my heart, today, and I don't know for how long):

- la sua energia (his energy):dance_man:

- un sorriso che lèvati (a smile that ... WOW):blush-anim-cl:

- il benedettissimo caldo, voi sapete perché (the blessed summer heat, you know why):jawdrop:

- l'assolo di tromba (the trumpet solo):trumpet:

- l'intro di Lollipop:lg:

- quella banda di gelosi ("please ignore my band, they are jealous people"):band:

- Roma che esplode con Rain (Everybody jumping during Rain):woot_jump:

- il tin tin tin delle corna rosa (Mika wondering about those rose lights burning here and there):serenade:

- "do you think I'm pazzo?":insane:

- il regalo che gli avevo comprato, che ho lasciato a casa, per pace domestica. :fangurl:

Mio marito non sa che non avrà pace finché non guarderò la sua faccia mentre scarta (the gift I bought for him, that I left at home, for a quiet life. My husband doesn't know that I'm very determined person...)

Anyway, thanks curly boy, see you soon.

Un Abbraccio a tutti i fan di Roma, grazie ancora a tutti noi per la splendida serata!:mf_lustslow:

be', grazie! ma 'ndo stavano tutti sti fans romani 2 anni orsono?????:boxed: avevo un gran bisogno di voi! :lmfao:

Dai che si recupera, ogni tanto su Facebook un timido "mi piace" sui video e foto :mf_rosetinted: di amici, quasi più nessun Mika chi?