REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika @ Rock in Roma, Rome, Italy, 6-JUL-2010

Kick Ass

let it fully process for better quality

you're all most welcome! :wub2:

Lovely version of Kick Ass! So excited to see it done live in a few days ^^ Thanks for sharing!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, now seriously...it's time for a report.

I'd write about the extremely hot and sunny day, about...the venue, which was particular (since it is an hippodrome...oh and by the way, tonight "the gossip" were supposed to play there, but it was canceled!).

I'd write about people singing along, dancing and REALLY living the whole concert, or about MIKA and his song...

but the real MAGIC it's just with all these things put together. MIKA it's like a magic glue...that makes every single piece of the day perfectly fitted in the whole context.

This time, I've also got another point of view in the situation....the "big girl point of view".

Being a Big Girl, so being around the backstage, talking with everybody and being witness of these people hard work to make everything perfect...well...all this made me love MIKA and his world even more.

The objective report of the gig could be quite usual.

I can tell you he began with Relax, or that he did an excellent Kick Ass...with EVERYBODY singing (I loved that part, dunno why! jejej)...but I'm sure that while reading, each one of you is back in the memories of the past gigs you've been.

My version of "Happy Ending" (listened from the back stage) in your immagination will be YOUR GIG'S version of Happy Ending.

And that's the magic MIKA performs everytime...he gives us a whole world in wich we can dream,live,love and share.

A terrific gig. His voice was strong and clear. The acoustic seemed to be even better than in Milan (how strange...but maybe it's just a silly thought of mine)...just think that the "BETTERRRRRRRRRRRR" of Kick Ass was as clear and "SHIVERMAKING" as the feeling of having him right next to you singing.

He's singing for everyone, but for few glorious minutes...we can always pretend he's singing just for me (you, her, him, we,us).

The only little thing I've missed was a longer ending.

We ended everything on the music of Lollipop...and then everyone went off the stage (I'll always remember MIKA in a corner, trying to relax a bit right after the show...it was glorious. So shiny and special...that all I could do was trying to pass by without disturbing him in any way) oh but..where was I?

Oh yes...I wish there was a longer end...for example in Milan we had the music of Kick Ass and all the guys of the Band dancing with the girls and the boys.

That was nice, like a softer way to say goodbye.

But, it doesn't matter.

I'll always love this gig...no matter what.

Even because, I've got my picture with him.

Just me and him. I'll got this picture in my dreams like forever!

I'm sorry for my poor words...I hope I'd write something better in a while. But I wanted first to share all the feelings

:huglove:

These are not poor words! You are speaking from your heart! And that's beautiful! Thank you! Your report touched me in my heart!

thanks Marina & Roberto:thumb_yello: and...when a petition for Genova? I'm ready to starting one :boing:
haha :roftl:

come si dice "ci hai preso gusto" in inglese? :naughty:

I don't think we need one :wink2:

btw i hope he'll come to Liguria and Sicilia during next tour :original:

Marina...THANK YOU!

really... :huglove:

Thank YOU for everything Marzia! :huglove:

you're a very nice and sweet girl! :wub2:

Ok,it's time for me to write a short report of that amazing night..

I arrived in front of Capannelle at 8:25 am,and I immediately got my number:26!Not bad,though I wish there were less people (reading 3ds the days before the gig I knew people wouldn't come before lunch!) anyway,it was ok:thumb_yello:

It was very hot that day,but personally I didn't feel that hot while queing,and me and bettasan spent some time sunbathing in our swimsuits :biggrin2: (we don't get very tanned in summer,maybe we wished we were a little bit more:naughty:)

I helped the other MFCers giving numbers to the rest of people coming during the day,but we stopped at number 100 because we weren't sure we were allowed to enter before the others..

I think all the people who didn't have the number started hating me because I warned them not to make a lot of noise or skip the queue,otherwise I would have send them back (I'm only 17,please have mercy on me :aah:)

To pass the time we also made draws and signatures in the back of the veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long sheet we did (6 metres long,thanks to GraceKelly85 and the others:thumb_yello:)

Then we finally saw John,and we asked him if it would have been possible to enter before the others. As usual,he's been very kind to us!!

The problem was:WHEN we could reach the first row?Time was passing and I personally was terrified not to reach the row,because the organizers were very confused,they didn't know which queue was the one of the Fan Club!

Fortunately,Miss Penniman arrived!Oh,what a lovely woman!:mf_lustslow:She chose people to dance on stage,but she only wanted new people,so one of my friends (Enrica) joined it!I must admit,I'm a little bit jealouse,also because after Lollipop she and Mika were hugged when the show was over (grrrrr... ) :roftl:

second part coming..

So,finally we got in and I litterally run across Capannelle to reach the first row.. AND I SUCCESSFULLY DID IT :thumb_yello: I was between DANI56 and tiibet,a very nice person!I'm so glad to have met her :blush-anim-cl: We also chatted a little bit so I could make some exercise my english:aah:

I forgot to tell,I made for the event a sheet where I wrote AVE,MIKA ! ("Ave" is the ancient way of the Roman people to say "Hello" 2000 years ago:teehee:),and I put it in front of me.Then I realized the stage was veeeeeery very high and I got disappointed. That's why I didn't see immediately he fell down while playing Big Girl:blink:

Jonh also came to us to check if everything was OK,I appreciated it!He's very kind,the best manager Mika could ever have :thumb_yello:

The band who introduced the gig,well...WAS HORRIBLE!I advise you,please NEVER-EVER try to listen to some of their songs,they are senseless and repetitive:sneaky2:me and Dani shouted them to leave the stage because it was impossible to stand them!

Finally,the gig started.. I was soooo excited,I've been waiting for this day more than 3 years and I didn't completely realize that day was arrived!I shouted all gig long,photografers also made me some photos :aah: I can't describe myself actually,maybe you should ask my gig mates :biggrin2:

then we made the flashmob during Doctor John.. as he started to sing the chorus,we all took our glowsticks :biggrin2: and during Happy Ending we were holding a lot of papers with "GRAZIE!" written on it.. a tear came down my face. And then,when he dedicated to us Gace Kelly.. I was lost!I don't remember what I did,or what I said.. All I can do is saying to him THANK YOU AGAIN..for everything he did..

I forgot to tell he went shirtless for the most part of the gig,but someone already said it.. :teehee::mf_lustslow:

Wow .. some totally stunning photographs in there (seems to have been loads this week)

The first one behind the piano and the red background is just amazing

(thanks)

subscribe:sneaky2: then, I love irony, not mocking; anyway, their best performance it was "I've got the feeling"...maybe because they didn't wrote it:roftl:

oh no Camilla, he dedicated the entire show to us!

as i wrote on twitter, they're not so bad when they sing covers :naughty: