REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA@Festival des Two Cities, Carcassonne, France, 21-JUL-2010

dcdeb

Nice! Aww, poor Mika :naughty: But you can see that he is a really good artist covering even a fall into an artstic moment :naughty:

Did he give some unfriendly signs to someone on / next to the stage? Bad boy! :roftl:

To Jimmy, who was making fun of him! :naughty:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Aww, poor Mika :naughty: But you can see that he is a really good artist covering even a fall into an artstic moment :naughty:

Did he give some unfriendly signs to someone on / next to the stage? Bad boy! :roftl:

he is a bad boy:mf_rosetinted:

he shoudn't , we've got a video of him!! in Marroco

:lmfao:!!!!!!!

Just a little report! excuse me for my bad english:wink2:

We arrive at 9.30 am. 3 people were still there. We began the list. The place for waiting was very nice, inside the “cité de Carcassonne” . When John arrived, he asked us to make a list with 100 people. In the afternoon, we saw Mika arriving by car :wub2:and he make a little sign with his hand to us. At about 8.30, John came and the 100 people who were on the list could go inside the theatre. We were front row, very close to the stage. Wonderful place, only 3000 places…. Mika arrived!!! OMG! He began with “Grace Kelly” in French. After, he said that this gig was for the members of his fan club who follow him all around the world (we were so happy!!!:wub2:) “they are all front row”!!!. Later, during the show, he said “yesterday we were in Nimes”, so we screamed (because we were also in Nimes) so he stopped talking and laughed and he said something like “be caution, they are dangerous…. No I’m joking”… It was very funny!!! The show was great! I loved Kick Ass with th “Oh Oh Oh”… During Dr John, he felt because of an electric cord on the floor and he stayed some seconds on the floor, continuing singing! and he got up! ouf! At the end, he make a sign to invit the fans on stage…. Stage invasion!!! Great Gig!!!!:wub2:

Edited by mine

beautiful pics!!!

Here is Kick ass:

;)

love this vid:wub2: the audience starts singing the intro even before mika!!!

he shoudn't , we've got a video of him!! in Marroco

exactly:naughty:

Just a little report! excuse me for my bad english:wink2:

We arrive at 9.30 am. 3 people were still there. We began the list. The place for waiting was very nice, inside the “cité de Carcassonne” . When John arrived, he asked us to make a list with 100 people. In the afternoon, we saw Mika arriving by car :wub2:and he make a little sign with his hand to us. At about 8.30, John came and the 100 people who were on the list could go inside the theatre. We were front row, very close to the stage. Wonderful place, only 3000 places…. Mika arrived!!! OMG! He began with “Grace Kelly” in French. After, he said that this gig was for the members of his fan club who follow him all around the world (we were so happy!!!:wub2:) “they are all front row”!!!. Later, during the show, he said “yesterday we were in Nimes”, so we screamed (because we were also in Nimes) so he stopped talking and laughed and he said something like “be caution, they are dangerous…. No I’m joking”… It was very funny!!! The show was great! I loved Kick Ass with th “Oh Oh Oh”… During Dr John, he felt because of an electric cord on the floor and he stayed some seconds on the floor, continuing singing! and he got up! ouf! At the end, he make a sign to invit the fans on stage…. Stage invasion!!! Great Gig!!!!:wub2:

So sweet of him to say that!!! I can imagine how happy you must have felt:wub2:

Here's Stuck in the middle :)

translation:

"Good evening everybody! It's a real pleasure to be here, in such a beautiful venue. And also to have the audience that close, that's nice! Even if you can come up on stage... even if it scares me... it's ok. It wouldn't be the first time.

Ladies and gentlemen, this gig tonight is for members of my fan club!!! they follow me for years around the world, and tonight they are all here, in the first row.... with no barriers! (laugh) 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4...."

Here's Stuck in the middle :)

translation:

"Good evening everybody! It's a real pleasure to be here, in such a beautiful venue. And also to have the audience that close, that's nice! Even if you can come up on stage... even if it scares me... it's ok. It wouldn't be the first time.

Ladies and gentlemen, this gig tonight is for members of my fan club!!! they follow me for years around the world, and tonight they are all here, in the first row.... with no barriers! (laugh) 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4...."

amazing video!!! thanks for posting judeline:flowers2:

what he says about the fans is:wub2::wub2:

201007221635_zoom.jpg

A review:

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2010/07/22/877390-Carcassonne-Mika-la-pop-qui-cartoone.html

Carcassonne. Mika, la pop qui «cartoone»

Mika et ses musiciens, hier soir sur la scène du grand théâtre de la Cité, dans un décor à l'image du personnage: fleuri, coloré, onirique. Un concert comme un anniversaire Mc Do à Euro Disney, ou plus sérieusement comme un univers qui est le sien, partag

Non il ne sera jamais Grace Kelly, ni Freddie Mercury, ni Luciano Pavarotti ou Kate Bush. Mais oui il est Mika, original, juvénile et enthousiaste. Sucré, pas trop salé. Pop star quoi! Le public est conquis, on s'en serait douté...

Une scène flanquée de grands arbres à peluches et bardée de fleurs de tournesols. Au centre un plateau circulaire incliné, et au fond sur les côtés deux têtes de mort... Voilà le décor planté par Mika hier soir, dans un grand théâtre de la Cité complet. En redingote gris rayé sur jean blanc, chapeau noir et chaussures à paillettes, ce grand enfant déglingué dans un corps d'adulte dégingandé est arrivé seul, très simplement, pour proposer au piano une version française de Grace Kelly. Après quoi Big Girl voit se gonfler un escarpin géant et légèrement récalcitrant sur les premiers rangs, dont l'artiste se réjouira de la proximité sans trop pousser quand même: «Tu peux monter sur scène mais ça me fait peur, enfin ç a ne sera pas la première fois», précise-t-il à l'adresse du public. Mika se les trimbale, ses cicatrices d'enfant et d'adolescent trimbalé de continent en continent derrière un papa trimbaleur. Et Mika la déballe son enfance, visiblement, sur une scène et des chansons où se côtoient le refuge merveilleux de l'imaginaire, la dure réalité des relations humaines, les peines de cœur, les pulsions de mort et la guimauve, dans ce qu'elle a de sucré jusqu'à être indigeste. Cet univers acidulé soit, mais qui manque un peu de sel, notamment dans sa partie musicale à notre goût, a le mérite d'être le sien, authentique donc original. Mika a le sens du décor comme de la mélodie, il cultive celui de la mise en scène et de la comédie, ce qui donne logiquement à ses concerts des airs de comédie musicale. En témoigne sur Love Today ce défilé de jeunes filles en jupettes fluos suivant une mariée en grande tenue, qui introduisent un mannequin géant de garçonnet porté à bout de bras et déposé au centre de la scène, comme pour un enterrement. Lourd de symboles... Mika règle ses comptes, y compris avec ses musiciens qu'il abat (pour de faux, hé) l'un après l'autre avant de faire mine de s'en aller, ce qui ferait une jolie sortie s'il n'y avait les rappels. On notera dans la set list, sensiblement modifiée étant donné la particularité des lieux on suppose, un Billy Brown entre Beach Boys et Bee Gees, suivi d'un Rain très dancefloor. Et puis on se souviendra de la batteuse, de son ébouriffante coiffure afro et de son sourire fragile, autant que de son style frappe-sec et coriace, qui lui fera manquer de perdre ses baguettes sur Blame It On The Girls. Traduction: la faute aux filles... Bon allez, relax les toy boys!

does anyone have the translation to that? google translator's rubbish :sneaky2:

I'm sorry if a few things in the translation are odd... the article is quite odd itself and im not sure i get all of it :lmfao: even if im french LOL

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2010/07/22/877390-Carcassonne-Mika-la-pop-qui-cartoone.html

Translation

Caption under the picture:

Mika and his musicians, yesterday night on the stage of the big Cité's theater, in a decor that looks like him: flowery, colorful, dream-like. A show like a birthday at McDonalds (:lmfao:) or Euro Disney, or, more seriously, in a universe that is his.

No, he'll never be Grace Kelly or Freddie Mercury or Luciano Pavarotti or Kate Bush. But yes he is Mika, original, youthful and enthousiastic. Sweet, not too salty. A pop star! The audience is already won over, we should have known...

A stage with tall plushy trees and sunflowers. In the middle, an inclined round stage and at the back on the sides, 2 skulls. That is the set made by Mika yesterday, in a big sold out theater of the Cité. With a stripped gray jacket and white jeans, black hat and glittery shoes, this tall child in an adults body came alone, very simply, to offer on piano a french version on Grace Kelly.

After, theres the Big Girl inflatable high heel and a few recalcitrant first rows, that the artist loves for their closeness, but without being too close nevertheless. "you could climb on stage, but that scares me, well, it wouldnt the first time", he says to the audience.

Mika brings his childhood and teenage scars from continent to continent behind his dad (???:blink:). And Mika reveals his childhood on the stage and his songs that are about a wonderful refuge for the imaginary, the harsh reality of human relationships, heartbreaks, death wishes and marshmallows (and again???:blink:), that is very sweet to a point where its indigestible.

This universe could use a little more salt, especially in its musical part, but it atleast has the merit to be his own, authentic and original. Mika has the sense of the decor as well as the mellody, and the stage design and comedy, which logically gives his shows Musicals aspects.

Like in Love Today, this walk of young ladies in bright skirts following a bride and carrying a huge boy dummy and put it in the center of the stage, like at a funeral. Theres alot of symbols. Mika sorts his things out, including with his musicians that he shoots (not for real, eh) one after the other before pretending to leave , which would make a nice exit if there wasnt any encores.

In his set list, that has been modified because of the particular nature of the venue we suppose, a Billy Brown in between the Beach Boys and the Bee Gees, followed by a very dansy Rain. And we will remember the drummer, with her afro-style hair and her fragile smile, and her hard and tough style as well, which will make her loose her drumsticks during Blame It On The Girls. Translation: its the girls fault... Ok, lets relax toyboys!

Edited by LilStar

Hi !

Here's my videos and a part of my pics, i'll post the rest as soon as possible !

Over my shoulder (beginning)

When he talked before "La solitude". I'm so sorry, i'm moving a lot at a moment, but Mika was looking at us and speaking at us (making fun of us precisely ^^ ) :naughty:

"La Solitude" :wub2:

212.jpg

1211.jpg

I LOVE David's face :roftl:

811.jpg :aah:

1811.jpg :wub2:

1911.jpg

:wub2:

1511.jpg

Hi !

Here's my videos and a part of my pics, i'll post the rest as soon as possible !

Over my shoulder (beginning)

When he talked before "La solitude". I'm so sorry, i'm moving a lot at a moment, but Mika was looking at us and speaking at us (making fun of us precisely ^^ ) :nau ghty:

"La Solitude" :wu b2:

212.jpg

1211.jpg

I LOVE David's face :roftl:

811.jpg :aah:

1811.jpg :wub2:

1911.jpg

:wub2:

1511.jpg

the video is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

and the pics are :shocked::wub2:

@nanouch Amazing pics! :wub2:

I'm sorry if a few things in the translation are odd... the article is quite odd itself and im not sure i get all of it :lmfao: even if im french LOL

Translation

Caption under the picture:

Mika and his musicians, yesterday night on the stage of the big Cité's theater, in a decor that looks like him: flowery, colorful, dream-like. A show like a birthday at McDonalds (:lmfao:) or Euro Disney, or, more seriously, in a universe that is his.

No, he'll never be Grace Kelly or Freddie Mercury or Luciano Pavarotti or Kate Bush. But yes he is Mika, original, youthful and enthousiastic. Sweet, not too salty. A pop star! The audience is already won over, we should have known...

A stage with tall plushy trees and sunflowers. In the middle, an inclined round stage and at the back on the sides, 2 skulls. That is the set made by Mika yesterday, in a big sold out theater of the Cité. With a stripped gray jacket and white jeans, black hat and glittery shoes, this tall child in an adults body came alone, very simply, to offer on piano a french version on Grace Kelly.

After, theres the Big Girl inflatable high heel and a few recalcitrant first rows, that the artist loves for their closeness, but without being too close nevertheless. "you could climb on stage, but that scares me, well, it wouldnt the first time", he says to the audience.

Mika brings his childhood and teenage scars from continent to continent behind his dad (???:blink:). And Mika reveals his childhood on the stage and his songs that are about a wonderful refuge for the imaginary, the harsh reality of human relationships, heartbreaks, death wishes and marshmallows (and again???:blink:), that is very sweet to a point where its indigestible.

This universe could use a little more salt, especially in its musical part, but it atleast has the merit to be his own, authentic and original. Mika has the sense of the decor as well as the mellody, and the stage design and comedy, which logically gives his shows Musicals aspects.

Like in Love Today, this walk of young ladies in bright skirts following a bride and carrying a huge boy dummy and put it in the center of the stage, like at a funeral. Theres alot of symbols. Mika sorts his things out, including with his musicians that he shoots (not for real, eh) one after the other before pretending to leave , which would make a nice exit if there wasnt any encores.

In his set list, that has been modified because of the particular nature of the venue we suppose, a Billy Brown in between the Beach Boys and the Bee Gees, followed by a very dansy Rain. And we will remember the drummer, with her afro-style hair and her fragile smile, and her hard and tough style as well, which will make her loose her drumsticks during Blame It On The Girls. Translation: its the girls fault... Ok, lets relax toyboys!

Behind his dad is because he travels a lot because of his dad (the war, his job, blah blah :aah:) <-- I think that's what it means.

And the marshmallows part I think it's cause of that mix that he does in his songs of the happy extra music with the dark lyrics.

Thanks for the translation :wink2:

When he talked before "La solitude". I'm so sorry, i'm moving a lot at a moment, but Mika was looking at us and speaking at us (making fun of us precisely ^^ ) :naughty:

For everyone who cant understand:blush-anim-cl:

Mika: During this last week... im sorry, i cant speak French today i think! So, during the last week, i must say we were really lucky with our shows in France. We did the Arènes de Nimes yesterday *people screaming:naughty:* *mika looking at them* I told you they were dangerous...I'm gonna need a six foot barrier! No, i'm kidding... So, we were really lucky. We've been to incredible places and we want to thank everyone. We've been on the round for almost 1 year and 2 months now and we're finishing in a few weeks. And its always a pleasure to do those venues. Thank you, its an honour. *people cheering* And before we leave France, I'm going to sing one of my favorite French song and after we'll do more songs!

Nanouch, your pics are really beautiful!:thumb_yello:

I was in Carcassonne too! Such a wonderful gig, especially because of the stage invasion:biggrin2:

Here are my pics:

P1040170.jpg

:biggrin2:

P1040175.jpg

P1040180.jpg

P1040183.jpg

P1040186.jpg

P1040190.jpg

P1040191.jpg

P1040198.jpg

P1040202.jpg