HOW TO DRAW MIKA - step by step

Miss.roxy

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@miss roxy: I was wondering, when you're adding the shadow on your drawing do you smudge it with your finger?

Just as Miss.roxy I use those 'cotton wool things' (still don't know the English translation); you can work quite accurate with it.

A paper handkerchief is also very useful; I use my pencil to draw some shadows and I blur them with a point of the handkerchief.

I'm not so far that I can make shadows without blurring them up with something :teehee:

Just finished mine, I'm not an expert, but I tried :aah:

kopieklein.jpg

It's from this pic:

mika2009guigaguima1theb.jpg

Aww, i think it´s really good :wink2:

You know, my opinion is.. don´t try to retrace lips or eyes so much.. When you look at his lips for example. the line around them is not everywhere of same darkness. the light goes from somewhere, and when the light shine on his lip, it just can´t be dark, cause it´s a place where the light is. That makes your drawings real, you have to show 3D face under the light. :thumb_yello:

Best luck, by the way your "easy lines" are very exact, and it´s very important! good :huglove:

It's not exactly Mika but, it's the songs for sorrow frog.

It's no where near as good as the other drawings here but any ideas for improving? I know the frog should be slimmer, anything else wrong (well most of it's wrong...)

2u9scya.jpg

Don´t worry about your frog :wub2:

You are lucky because no one really knows how the frog looks like, so you can draw it anyhow you want :thumb_yello: I love the frog, and I think you drew it very good :mf_lustslow: If you are good in using colours, then you should color a frog, if you are not, as me :naughty: Just add shadows.

Best luck :huglove:

Aww, i think it´s really good :wink2:

You know, my opinion is.. don´t try to retrace lips or eyes so much.. When you look at his lips for example. the line around them is not everywhere of same darkness. the light goes from somewhere, and when the light shine on his lip, it just can´t be dark, cause it´s a place where the light is. That makes your drawings real, you have to show 3D face under the light. :thumb_yello:

Best luck, by the way your "easy lines" are very exact, and it´s very important! good :huglove:

Thanks for the advice :thumb_yello: I noticed the lips and eyes too, I guess my pencil was too sharp :aah:

Hey, I´m back :bye:

Snazzyjazzy, your frog is so lovely! :wub2:

ilseh1983, Aww, i knew you can make it better :aah: Really cool hun..

One question. Why did you all choose the same MIKA picture? :aah:

I am little confused about it :D

Hey, I´m back :bye:

Snazzyjazzy, your frog is so lovely! :wub2:

ilseh1983, Aww, i knew you can make it better :aah: Really cool hun..

One question. Why did you all choose the same MIKA picture? :aah:

I am little confused about it :D

i chose that one 'cause someon said it was one of the more "easy" ones :teehee::blush-anim-cl:

and welcome back Miss.roxy :boing:

Archived