HOW TO DRAW MIKA - step by step

Miss.roxy

I have a tip for you: The lower lip is always a bit wider than the upper lip. In your drawing the upper lip is wider. :wink2: That's the reason the mouth looks a bit off.

o thanks,:teehee: i'll take that into account in my next drawing :biggrin2:

edit: you mean wider as in horizontal wider hun, not vertical :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok, so this my second Mika drawing so far, (it's nog finished)

it's not good and i know it, :aah:

the guy has a perfect mouth, but i can't seem to get it right (same with his nose and eyes)

05092010021.jpg?t=1283677547

and another big problem is my shadows as you can see. how do you actually to do shadows correctly?

hey! :bye:

I think that whole drawing looks good, except left side of his mouth. Take a closer look, link between his lips has different shape. it goes a little more up. And so does his lips.:thumb_yello:

Shadows.. First you have to add darkest shadows, maybe just sketch it first and then make it darker. Then you can see all other shadows around, you´ll be able to see details.

hey! :bye:

I think that whole drawing looks good, except left side of his mouth. Take a closer look, link between his lips has different shape. it goes a little more up. And so does his lips.:thumb_yello:

Shadows.. First you have to add darkest shadows, maybe just sketch it first and then make it darker. Then you can see all other shadows around, you´ll be able to see details.

i'm so glad this thread exists, i can use all the tips you can give :teehee:

this is my drawing finished, didn't change anything anymore, thought i'd just try and use all of your tips in my next drawing and hopefully it will turn out better than this one :teehee:

05092010029.jpg?t=1283703595

da curlz are also freaking hard as is the texture of clothes :aah:

so i cant choose what pic should i draw? what u think (sorry if somebody drawn this pics already,ive chosen them because ive seen drawings and i want to learn how to draw portraits :))

4:thumb_yello:

just started my third drawing, this is how it looks so far (did cheat again,but still learning hun:blush-anim-cl:)

hope i can someday do this without cheating on easy lines :aah:

Very exact, I believe it´ll be great! :thumb_yello:

no, you can´t say it, do you know The secret? :thumb_yello:

It´ll be awesome! Believe it and it will! :huglove:

oh, i wish i could believe :teehee: i'm just never happy, maybe that's my biggest problem, trying to make things perfect even though it's too soon for me, since i don't draw that long :aah:

oh, i wish i could believe :teehee: i'm just never happy, maybe that's my biggest problem, trying to make things perfect even though it's too soon for me, since i don't draw that long :aah:

Don´t worry, you´ll do it! :thumb_yello:

I´m exactly the same! :aah: i have new piano home, maybe week, and I am angry that I can´t play perfectly :naughty:

Don´t worry, you´ll do it! :thumb_yello:

I´m exactly the same! :aah: i have new piano home, maybe week, and I am angry that I can´t play perfectly :naughty:

crazy hun, wanna make things perfect even though you know its not reasonable to get things perfect when one just started to learn somth :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived