REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS: Mika@Arena della Regina - Cattolica - Italy: 19-08-2010

Blue Sky

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cattolica06.jpg

LOL!Thanks Karin!Love that pic :mf_lustslow:

Here are my pictures: http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20Arena%20della%20Regina%2019th%20August%202010/

As always, if you'd like to have a pic without my name on it, just contact me :wink2:

And here are some I like a bit more than the others :biggrin2:

100_0924.jpg

100_0985.jpg

100_1004.jpg

100_1080.jpg

100_1143.jpg

wow....I always drool with your pics :groupwave:

T4P!

Who's the guy? :roftl:

100_1078.jpg

We don't know! :roftl:

He came from the side and got the wig from a fan in front row. Then he came to the centre and pretended to be dead when the band got shot. And then he jumped right in front of the stage after Mika asked us to jump. Mika (of course!) saw him and laughed. Then that guy disappeared again :roftl: I don't know what that was about but it was hilarious. Maybe it was some insider :naughty:

He came from the side and got the wig from a fan in front row. Then he came to the centre and pretended to be dead when the band got shot. And then he jumped right in front of the stage after Mika asked us to jump. Mika (of course!) saw him and laughed. Then that guy disappeared again :roftl: I don't know what that was about but it was hilarious. Maybe it was some insider :naughty:

yeah, i'm sure it was some inside joke, mika found it really funny. :roftl: but are you sure that he got the wig from a fan? :blink: i only saw that while he was waiting for the jumping part, a fan who stood behind him stole his wig, and he had to put it back on. :dunno:

Hahaha that sounds hilarious! :roftl:

finished uploading my vids:

big girl:

trumpet solo with flying cockroach :naughty:

mika throwing confetti on the band, and oms:

cake being brought on stage and band introduction:

we are golden, with golden balloons:

talk before SITM and before billy brown (again about the cockroaches):

improvisations of blue eyes and of happy ending:

some more bits+pieces (happy ending flowers, the crew guy jumping during LT, sweet dreams dance):

finished uploading my vids:

big girl:

trumpet solo with flying cockroach :naughty:

mika throwing confetti on the band, and oms:

cake being brought on stage and band introduction:

we are golden, with golden balloons:

talk before SITM and before billy brown (again about the cockroaches):

improvisations of blue eyes and of happy ending:

some more bits+pieces (happy ending flowers, the crew guy jumping during LT, sweet dreams dance):

Thanks for posting! :wub2:

The flying cockroach video is hilarious! :roftl: I never saw one, actually I didn't knew they could fly. :naughty:

Thanks for posting! :wub2:

The flying cockroach video is hilarious! :roftl: I never saw one, actually I didn't knew they could fly. :naughty:

i still don't think it was in fact cockroaches... maybe someone fooled mika by telling him that. :lmfao: i did some research on wikipedia, and found:

Cockroaches are mainly nocturnal and will run away when exposed to light. A peculiar exception is the Asian cockroach, which is attracted to light.

so IF it was cockroaches, it must've been that asian one, as they were flying around the lights (there were dozens of them up there in front of the stage lights). dear italians, please correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think it's very likely that there's a huge population of asian cockroaches in cattolica. :teehee:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_cockroach

i still think it was just moths, or some sort of beetle. :naughty:

i still don't think it was in fact cockroaches... maybe someone fooled mika by telling him that. :lmfao: i did some research on wikipedia, and found:

Cockroaches are mainly nocturnal and will run away when exposed to light. A peculiar exception is the Asian cockroach, which is attracted to light.

so IF it was cockroaches, it must've been that asian one, as they were flying around the lights (there were dozens of them up there in front of the stage lights). dear italians, please correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think it's very likely that there's a huge population of asian cockroaches in cattolica. :teehee:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_cockroach

I was thinking on that. It seemed like a moth. :naughty:

But was a really funny moment. Poor Mika. :roftl:

I was thinking on that. It seemed like a moth. :naughty:

But was a really funny moment. Poor Mika. :roftl:

exactly. tbh, i'm glad that he thought it was a cockroach, his reaction was priceless and brought a lot of fun to the evening! :naughty:

exactly. tbh, i'm glad that he thought it was a cockroach, his reaction was priceless and brought a lot of fun to the evening! :naughty:

or perhaps he knew it was a moth and said the "cockroach" not to look like a baby :teehee:... but many people is scared by moths or butterflies (like me)... if i see a moth,i can run as fast carl lewis!!!

I think it was a simple moths...we call them Falene.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki?search=Moths

They Are attracted by lights in the night!

My vids:

Blue Eyes (with a cute end):

Touches You:

Rain:

OMS (with confetti, talking and glasses):

Billy Brown (with some talking in the beginning)

Kick Ass:

WAG:

Blame It on the Girls:

Happy Ending and receiving his birthday cake from his fans:

Love Today:

Dr John:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpxNcc-LxIw

Sweet Dreams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDcVBNn50SI

And the last one from M&G is now uploading, I will give a link as soon it is ready.

Thank you everyone for pics videos and reports:wub2:

I have so many fan pictures and I dont have everybody's e mails, therefore I am going to attach all pics to "before the show thread" and post them in a few messages. I hope I don't have pictures which people wouldn't like to see here-if there are, please let me know.

I would like to thank everyone who helped me to get by in Italy, has been with me for two days, has shared the most amazing day of my life, and who I met & spent time in Cattolica. Your friendships are priceless to me, thank you for making me lucky!

My vids:

Blue Eyes (with a cute end):

Touches You:

Rain:

OMS (with confetti, talking and glasses):

Billy Brown (with some talking in the beginning)

Kick Ass:

WAG:

Blame It on the Girls:

Happy Ending and receiving his birthday cake from his fans:

Love Today:

Dr John:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpxNcc-LxIw

Sweet Dreams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDcVBNn50SI

And the last one from M&G is now uploading, I will give a link as soon it is ready.

I hope you don't mind me adding the link of the last video :blush-anim-cl: I think many (including me) have been waiting for it :wub2: Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tibsu14#p/u/0/h2iKlSwHSz8

I would like to thank everyone who helped me to get by in Italy, has been with me for two days, has shared the most amazing day of my life, and who I met & spent time in Cattolica. Your friendships are priceless to me, thank you for making me lucky!

oh hi :bye:

so you managed to get to another gig before he takes a longer break before the third album... Happy to hear you had a great time:thumb_yello:

I really enjoy reading all your reports but unfortunately I cannot watch videos until Wednesday / Thursday :tears: - hope you feel my pain (:teehee:). It is so frustrating, especially knowing that he did improvise a lot this time and I cannot wait to see the surprises, too..:blush-anim-cl:

@mellody I was not referring to this gig at all, just reacted on a suggestion that organising such things should automatically grant participants these favours and that it should be a kind of rule that moderators would need to help it make happen. (I simply imagined what it would lead to :aah:) :wink2: so I just had to comment. :teehee: Please all ignore my silly vision, it is not relevant here...:naughty:

I love m+gs and if there is one and I have anything interestig to say / give to him, I queue, too. I would have loved to be part of this one but I cannot be a part of everything, obviously.:original:

Marina, I do understand what you mean, but it would actually lead to fans trying to organise random things just to get Mika's attention. In fact, I am not sure if it is happening already (and here I am not talking about this awesome b-day cake project at all - well done to ALL Italian fans -, just talking about things in general).

There are people I know who were organising certain "happenings" at gigs so that they can put a smile on Mika's face and claiming no credit for that at all. They never even posted a word on it on MFC, did not expect any reward for that and, consequently, felt no disappointment after not even having had the chance to meet him after the concert, let alone meet him at some private m&g. Most people go to gigs to have fun and prepare surprises for him only to make him happy not because they expect any recognition for that.

like Mellody says, if someone has a really good and original idea, he should be preferred in case of special treats :wink2:

I don't wish to detract from the reviews on this thread, but Suzie I also see a situation where dedicated fans could get to make repeat appearances at M&Gs in various countries, which could mean that local (dedicated) fans who cannot travel get excluded.
yes, i agree, local fans should have priority

btw it's not easy at all to decide who should be chosen for these happenings

she came in with our group, all of those who helped with the flowers were inside. :wink2:

agree. it was the same with our flower thing, all we wanted was a lovely surprise for mika, and bring a smile to his face. :wub2: of course i hoped i'd get to give him my personal bday presents after the show, but that had nothing to do with the flower surprise... i didn't expect a special m+g at all, and was very surprised and happy that it happened. :wub2:

but i don't see that danger of people organizing random things to get a m+g. most has been done already, and just doing something random won't get anyone a special treatment. but if someone has a really original idea and works hard to organize it, i agree with mari, that those should be preferred if there are special treats, though of course no one can expect it.

i think it's really fun if some fans organize special things for gigs, whether it's something original or not - like mika said (see statue's report), he loves it if his fans do this, and the rest of the crowd thinks "WTF?!" :lmfao: that's the reason why i'm thinking of doing something like that at the arbon festival as well - nothing big, nothing to surprise mika because i don't have any original ideas for it, but something that shows the other festival goers that mika is special. like the soap bubbles, i think it was a fab idea by those in tallinn, and could be repeated at other festivals, since it's a fantastic effect which gets noticed by the whole crowd and takes only little effort. :thumb_yello: it's like a replacement for the costumes thing - in 2007, everyone was wearing crazy costumes at mika gigs, there's much less of that meanwhile, but instead there are special happenings... i think it just shows how much mika's fans feel as a part of the show, instead of being just spectators. :wub2:

many thanks for this! :flowers2: i really loved those huge paper flowers that a bunch of people had made, they looked so beautiful! :wub2:

oh great I'm happy I was mistaken about PP :original:

I really enjoy reading all your reports but unfortunately I cannot watch videos until Wednesday / Thursday :tears: - hope you feel my pain (:teehee:). It is so frustrating, especially knowing that he did improvise a lot this time and I cannot wait to see the surprises, too..:blush-anim-cl:

I think those improvising parts are quite a small details :teehee: I would love to give you links, but my head is so empty at the moment :blush-anim-cl:

About surprises. I'm afraid it will be some kind of competition who has the most original idea and who gets his attention... Of course I loved this birthday surprise, it was a special day and a lovely timing for a surprise :wub2: And loved Tallinn and bubbles!! Such a simple idea and it worked perfectly, it was like a magic! I also know how much he has appreciated some special surprises (he has even tweeted about them) so I feel I'm a bad fan because I hope for "basic gigs" without any special things... I guess my dream gig would be an acoustic gig and Mika performing in a T-shirt and jeans without any special stage setting :blush-anim-cl: But he is like a little kid, he loves his colorful show elements, and of course that's amazingly cute and also one more reason why we love him so much :teehee:

And about M&Gs. I think he is so kind and generous doing signings etc so often that I can't even find words. Not many artists do that, and most times he must be very tired and busy after his shows and he still gives time to his fans :wub2: M&Gs like in Cattolica are very rare. I have seen many gigs in many countries, but I haven't talked with him often. So that's why I felt really lucky and grateful we could be there and see something that relaxed :wub2:

Edited by tiibet