How do you feel right now? part 4

Dark Angel

All day I've felt exhausted.

This morning I woke up and all the muscles on the right side of my chest were twitching, my arm dropped to my side and my leg was feeling weird. I ended up getting teary cause I thought I was going to have a seizure. Luckily it stopped pretty quickly and I started to feel better.

Then I played with the pipe band at a country fair cause the governor of NSW was coming.

All day I've felt exhausted.

This morning I woke up and all the muscles on the right side of my chest were twitching, my arm dropped to my side and my leg was feeling weird. I ended up getting teary cause I thought I was going to have a seizure. Luckily it stopped pretty quickly and I started to feel better.

Then I played with the pipe band at a country fair cause the governor of NSW was coming.

Myoclonic Seizures

These are brief but significant muscle jerks which usually involve the upper body but can involve the lower or whole body. The person may drop or spill what they are holding or fall off a chair. There is no impairment of consciousness, but if several seizures occur over a short period of time the person may feel slightly confused or drowsy. These seizures frequently occur shortly after awakening.

paranoid.gif

I get em a few times a week... I have to take valium before i go to bed cos of em :blink: Nothing "big" just damn annoying!

Glad you are better :huglove:

Myoclonic Seizures

These are brief but significant muscle jerks which usually involve the upper body but can involve the lower or whole body. The person may drop or spill what they are holding or fall off a chair. There is no impairment of consciousness, but if several seizures occur over a short period of time the person may feel slightly confused or drowsy. These seizures frequently occur shortly after awakening.

paranoid.gif

I get em a few times a week... I have to take valium before i go to bed cos of em :blink: Nothing "big" just damn annoying!

Glad you are better :huglove:

Thanks hun... it really freaked me out, cause the last time I had it like that I was in a meeting at school and my leg started to spasm. Not only that, it felt similar to the first seizure I had in hospital....

I think I might speak with the neurologist about it when I see him in January...

Thanks hun... it really freaked me out, cause the last time I had it like that I was in a meeting at school and my leg started to spasm. Not only that, it felt similar to the first seizure I had in hospital....

I think I might speak with the neurologist about it when I see him in January...

Might be a pretty good idea :thumb_yello: maybe you need some new meds. or change the dose you get now... wanna do anything to get better right? Even if it means to start some new xtra meds. or higher dose?

Im going to see my new doc. at the epilepsy hospital in Feb... the chief doc. there :shocked:

Edited by Dark Angel

Might be a pretty good idea :thumb_yello: maybe you need some new meds. or change the dose you get now... wanna do anything to get better right? Even if it means to start some new xtra meds. or higher dose?

Im going to see my new doc. at the epilepsy hospital in Feb... the chief doc. there :shocked:

I'm getting a blood test soon to measure the levels of tegretol in my system (along with a liver function test and other tests - I can't read his writing so I can't be sure) so the doc might adjust it then... If I have to change meds or take more then so be it. It really doesn't bother me...

Ooooh, chief doctor... impressive.

I'm getting a blood test soon to measure the levels of tegretol in my system (along with a liver function test and other tests - I can't read his writing so I can't be sure) so the doc might adjust it then... If I have to change meds or take more then so be it. It really doesn't bother me...

Ooooh, chief doctor... impressive.

how often do they test you? (the blood thingy)

i need a new test each 3rd month :blink: But things are getting better and better... have the past 6 month time. Less seizures, the meds level in my blood looks better. Keppra is perfect :kachinga: Lamictal is a lil low... im only waiting for a phonecall for em to find out my new dose... but its better than it use to be :yay: They think its cos ive been so happy the past 6 month time :dunno:

I have to go through some new tests too... but that about what kinda epilepsy i have cos they dont think im photosensative :blink:

Really doesnt bother me too... all i want is to get better cos it suuuuucks to have it. I just DONT wanna get hospitalised again... but they are trying hard to make me say ok :aah:

I hope your test results wont be bad :thumb_yello: And i hope your doc. wont put you on valium... can "destroy" your day...

donno why i ahve the chief doc. now :blink: i have 2 docs. there now...

Edited by Dark Angel

how often do they test you? (the blood thingy)

i need a new test each 3rd month :blink: But things are getting better and better... have the past 6 month time. Less seizures, the meds level in my blood looks better. Keppra is perfect :kachinga: Lamictal is a lil low... im only waiting for a phonecall for em to find out my new dose... but its better than it use to be :yay: They think its cos ive been so happy the past 6 month time :dunno:

I have to go through some new tests too... but that about what kinda epilepsy i have cos they dont think im photosensative :blink:

Really doesnt bother me too... all i want is to get better cos it suuuuucks to have it. I just DONT wanna get hospitalised again... but they are trying hard to make me say ok :aah:

I hope your test results wont be bad :thumb_yello: And i hope your doc. wont put you on valium... can "destroy" your day...

donno why i ahve the chief doc. now :blink: i have 2 docs. there now...

I got tested after I got out of rehabilitation, so about 14 months ago. I think they thought I wasn't going to have any more seizures so they didn't bother changing dosages, and the only reason they changed from Dilantin to Tegretol cause I was allergic to it...

I'm not too concerned about the test results, I'm sure everything is okay :thumb_yello:

If you have 2 doctors, then they can work harder to get your seizures under control... I had two doctors in Sydney, and they were great...

Anyways, I better get to bed...

I got tested after I got out of rehabilitation, so about 14 months ago. I think they thought I wasn't going to have any more seizures so they didn't bother changing dosages, and the only reason they changed from Dilantin to Tegretol cause I was allergic to it...

I'm not too concerned about the test results, I'm sure everything is okay :thumb_yello:

If you have 2 doctors, then they can work harder to get your seizures under control... I had two doctors in Sydney, and they were great...

Anyways, I better get to bed...

14 months... holy cow :shocked:

Im always concerned about the results... i werent in the beginning but changed cos they were keep on changing my dose and give me new meds.

HAD 2 docs? Only 1 now cos they thought everything was fine? :blink:

sweet dreams and talk to you soonish :huglove: