How do you feel right now? part 4

Dark Angel

40 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi :bye:

Any serious work place trains people seriously and do ask to change departments (just make sure the training is serious there) :thumb_yello:

The problem comes from the unprofessional people who get paid to train you but don't do their job. But be sure they take the extra money they are given :angry: The same happened to me and I was mad at the teacher who got paid to train me but "allowed" me to attend his normal classes just like a regular pupil ( as if I had never been a pupil myself :doh:) I was mad at him but I had no choice....be sure the problem doesn't come from you :itsok: Good luck in the new department :huglove:

I've ended up staying in the department I was and a week in ins going well after first few days of stress 

That sucks. For you yeah sometimes they don't care to actually train 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 6:13 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm currently feeling rather excited about something! :excite:

But I can't really say what about until next Tuesday... 👀 

I can finally share the thing! I guess I could have when I first got the news last week but what the thing is has only just come out today!

But I'm not sharing it in this thread, I'll share it shortly somewhere else on the forum! 😁

(because yes, it is Mika related!)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I can finally share the thing! I guess I could have when I first got the news last week but what the thing is has only just come out today!

But I'm not sharing it in this thread, I'll share it shortly somewhere else on the forum! 😁

(because yes, it is Mika related!)

Dont tell me you were one of the contestants on the Piano? :biggrin2:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

Dont tell me you were one of the contestants on the Piano? :biggrin2:

If only! But I'd rather be hiding behind a curtain with Mika and Lang Lang than actually playing 😅 

• Haha 3

• 11 months later...

I am annoyed that there are no 'House of Pies' in the UK 😕

I am happy that DogRates on twitter reposted one of my comments and replied back to me (feels like an honour!).

I AM ECSTATIC I WILL BE SEEING MIKA THIS YEAR! :cheer:

I am feeling rather smug about something, which I won't say because no one likes a braggart... 😏

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Results of hugely significant special congressional election in my area of ny state are in. 

i am

thrilled relieved 

able to breathe

:punk::lol::lol::yes::cheer:

I went from

:nervous:

to this  :clap:

To

Relief.

Joy.

Hope.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, silver said:

Why is that?  Do you feel any better now?

A bit, yes, thank you. House alarm was beeping again last night for the first time in ages, I thought I'd fixed it last time. At 4am after no sleep and thinking about everything else I'm dealing with, it was a bit, last straw. But hey, I've had a cry and now I'm thinking f it, if something doesn't get done, tough. 

• Sad 1

Doncha hate 

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

A bit, yes, thank you. House alarm was beeping again last night for the first time in ages, I thought I'd fixed it last time. At 4am after no sleep and thinking about everything else I'm dealing with, it was a bit, last straw. But hey, I've had a cry and now I'm thinking f it, if something doesn't get done, tough. 

Doncha hate it when you’re awake at night and your brain starts shuffling through your mental files looking for something to feel anxious about?!

Zen 

@SILVER! I put my iphone in my lap and did some stuff and looked down and—look who checked in!

(swear to god I did not type that word on purpose with my fingers while looking at the screen)

4 hours ago, Hero said:

Lack of sleep never helps.  Hope your alarm stays quiet tonight.

I always find it helps to think about what you have done at the end of the day, rather than dwell on things undone.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, silver said:

Lack of sleep never helps

I’m on my second nap of the day today after days of awful half-assed sleep. This is getting old.

• Sad 1

Never openly shared this before, but after I finish some artwork I feel somewhat deflated for a couple of days. The artwork was created in a rush of inspiration, euphoria and many colours and shapes… but when it’s done, all of that temporarily lays to rest and I can’t even look at the drawing anymore: because I will only see its flaws.

(Eventually I can look at it again, but it needs some time.) 

And then the process starts again when I start something new :biggrin2: I am hopeless! 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Never openly shared this before, but after I finish some artwork I feel somewhat deflated for a couple of days. The artwork was created in a rush of inspiration, euphoria and many colours and shapes… but when it’s done, all of that temporarily lays to rest and I can’t even look at the drawing anymore: because I will only see its flaws.

And then the process starts again when I start something new :biggrin2: I am hopeless! 

I understand. I used to go through something a bit similar, empty and drained and a bit lost. I called it post-partum. My creation was different—writing non-fiction does not come in an explosion of  creativity, euphoria or colors and shapes! but it can come in an intellectual rush of ideas and creativity. Ironically, I needed to stay away for a while before I could see the flaws in my work!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I think this is fairly common amongst creative people (and others). I totally get this too. I'm always hyped to start something new, either a drawing, making something or embroidery (which I'm currently doing), throughout the process I'm usually excited to see where it's going and look forward to the end product. When I'm done it's usually a feeling of "Wow I made that!" but five minutes later it's tucked away somewhere until I can look at it again 😅

So yeah I can definitely relate!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

When I'm done it's usually a feeling of "Wow I made that!"

For me sometimes it is the same words but different inflection: I made that?!? Especially years or decades later.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wow, thanks for sharing - I feel a little better knowing that this is a common process and not just my mind playing tricks on me. Thanks for your words, it means a lot. 

I am very glad that you took the risk. The thing that batters our self esteem the worst is the shame that is protected by not revealing how human we are. In recovery programs they say “you are only as sick as your secrets” but this is not only about sickness. It is about self doubt which mostly is a women's battle.  For me it is always a relief when others disclose the very human struggles that like mushrooms grow in the darkness. We feel we are the only one. We virtually never are.

Edited by QueenBigFat
Oh god I have to add this edit. Another typo’s are my life story. I wrote “you are only as dick as your secrets.”
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

@TinyLove_CJ

Did you ever announce what the “thing” was that you couldn’t talk about, back in 2023?

I did! It wasn't anything too major really, I had a fan letter printed in a magazine in regards to how much I enjoyed The Piano.

This is the post from The Piano thread that year 😊

On 2/28/2023 at 1:14 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

After episode 1 of The Piano I immediately wrote a short review for a TV magazine here in the UK for their letters section and it got chosen! 😁

It's in today's copy of the magazine!

20230228_121436.thumb.jpg.e341aa1809ccd50decb9ed2a3339220f.jpg

I would have liked the 'Star Letter' (they would have added a picture of The Piano for that) but I'm just so glad it got printed! :boing:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I did! It wasn't anything too major really, I had a fan letter printed in a magazine in regards to how much I enjoyed The Piano.

This is the post from The Piano thread that year 😊

Awesome :wootjump: Congrats to youCelebrate Its Friday GIF by telenet :

• Thanks 1

I had found a very helpful device online that eased my knees and wrists pain and was great against stress as well and tonight it won't charge so I'm both sad and mad because I have had it for two months and I hope I can get it exchanged for a new one as soon as possible since it has a garantee. I can't believe it won't charge anymore :aah: