Wesley Müller

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:wub2::wub2:

yes... Brasil is golden...

huhuhuhu

Bet it is:)) I'd like to go there some day. :wink2:

When I was at your age, I had a Brasilian male friend from Rio who lived for some time in Belgrade. And I was in contact with your language too...but we spoke in French :aah:

RIO - Brazil gain another gringo. After making one of the most applauded and acclaimed concerts in Planeta Terra Festival, that happened in Sao Paulo last November, Mika is back in the country. But calm down, (unfortunately) there is not show coming around. Before diving in producing his next CD, the Lebanese musician living in London will land in Rio this month. He had considered renting an apartment in the town to enjoy our summer. But, as is your first time here, decided to try a shorter vacation. And has said he wants to stay anonymous, enjoying it like a normal tourist.

- Every time I hear about Brazil, I thought of the big word. I thought everything was big - says Mika.

Big is the passion that he's feeling for Brazilian culture. By comparing the food of England with that tasted here, he makes ugly face to the first. When talks about music, says Brazil is one of the names that most influence him:

- One of my favorite musicians and composers of all time is Milton Nascimento, along with Nina Simone and Harry Nilsson. I think it's wonderful because of the disks he did. Milton broke many barriers. It is not pop or classical. It's folk, traditional and progressive. And my music is against the labels. It goes wherever it want.

Mika attributes to "these guys" - and also to Freddy Mercury, Elton John, Beck and David Bowie - the responsibility for making their second album, "The boy who knew too much", less pop than the debut, "Life in cartoon motion "(a bestseller and critical). He doesn't regret the path that took his music and says he prefers not to be embedded into stereotypes. But says that his third album gonna back to basics:

- I told myself I needed a disk to complement the first, without it being made for radio. The third disc, I'm working on, will be much more pop than the others.

Born Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr., the musician likes polemics: has sung about a woman who suffers discrimination ("Big Girl - You Are Beautiful") and the married man who has a homosexual affair ("Billy Brown"). The record label who wanted to change the style of Mika at the beginning of his career was also "honored" in the lyrics of "Grace Kelly". Some letters are autobiographical. All above all, preach tolerance.

- At school, I never had been tolerated, even children. Older, other musicians have tried to change my style. But the rejection gives you a freedom. I would say to 13 years teenagers who want to kill yourself that rejection is a premium, because they can see what others can't. They can create their own worlds, as I created my own.

Mika doesn't accept his sexuality publicly, but every now and then is taken as a representative of the gay world. He does not mind his music follow the same path.

- I don't care! I don't like labels, but I like the fact that gay people identify something in my music that talks about tolerance more than about politics. Talk about sexuality, but do it without you noticing. When placing the stamp "gay," goes against what I am trying to achieve, because my music is not necessarily gay or straight. You can see it in my concerts. Has gay and straight losing their head at the same way - said.

In the passage by São Paulo in November, a festival of costumes, an amazing band, and projections on the sides of the stage made the show the most excited Mika and diversified. Apprehensive about how he would be received, he did not believe when faced with the vibrant crowd.

- I didn't know what to expect, I was nervous. I always heard that would be awesome playing here. It is a difficult country because of the distance, and I didn't know if people knew my music. When I played the first (song), I said: "It will be nice." I saw people looking at me with curiosity and surrendering. I saw that I could do two-hour show without losing their attention. I felt lucky to be there.

Traduccion al español, me tome algunas libertades, más que nada en las partes donde no habla directamente Mika. los * son aquellos párrafos u oraciones enque yo no estoy 100% segura

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brasil conquisto a un ingles más. Después de realizar una de las presentaciones más aclamadas del festival Planeta Terra realizado en Sao Paulo en noviembre pasado, Mika esta devuelta en el país. Pero calma (infelizmente) no para realizar un show. Antes de sumergirse en la producción de su próximo disco, el músico de origen libanes radicado en Londres estará este mes en Rio. Habría buscado alquilar un departamento en la ciudad para disfrutar de nuestro verano. Pero como se trata de su primera vez aquí decidió probar con unas pequeñas vacaciones. Y ha dicho que quiere permanecer en el anonimato, para disfrutar como cualquier turista.

"Cada vez que oia hablar de Brazil, yo pensaba en la palabra grande. Pense que que todo era grande*(genial/bien)" dice Mika

Siente una gran pasión por la cultura brasileña. Al comparar la comida de Inglaterra con los sabores de aquí, prefiriendo esta por sobre la primera. Al hablar sobre la música, diciendo que es un brasileño uno de los más lo influyen*:

" Uno de mis compositores y musico preferido de todos los tiempos es Milton Nascimento, junto con Nina Simone y Harry Nilsson. Lo encuentro maravilloso por los discos que hizo. Milton rompió muchas barreras. No es pop ni clasico. Es folk, tradicional y progresivo(al mismo tiempo). Y mi musica va en contra de las etiquetas. Ella va donde yo quiera*."

Mika le atribuye a ellos - y también a Freddy Mercury, Elton John, Beck y David Bowie- que su segundo disco " The boy who knew too much" menos pop de lo que fue su disco debut "Life in cartoon motion"(un suceso de ventas y critica). No se arrepiente del rumbo que tomo su música y dice que prefiere no ser encasillado en los estereotipos. Pero adelanta que su tercer álbum volverá a los orígenes:

" Me dije a mi mismo que necesitaba un disco que completar al primero, sin que fuese hecho para la radio. El tercer disco en el cual estoy trabajando, sera mucho más pop que los otros dos."

Nacido como Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. es un musico que le gusta la polémica: a cantado sobre mujeres que sufren discriminación("Big girl-you are beutiful") y también sobre un hombre casado que mantiene una relación homosexual("Billy Brown") Las disqueras que querían cambiar el estilo de Mika en sus inicios también fueron "homenajeadas" en los versos de "Grace Kelly". Algunas letras son autobiográficas. Pero por sobre todo todas hablan de tolerancia.

" En la escuela, nunca me toleraron, tampoco los niños. Más mayor, otros músicos intentaron cambiar mi estilo. Pero, el rechazo te da más libertad. Yo le diría a un adolescente de 13 años que quiere matarse que el rechazo es un premio, porque te da el poder de ver lo que otros no ven. Puedes crear tus propios mundos, como yo he creado el mío."

Mika no asume su sexualidad publicamente, mas de vez en cuando se le toma como un representante del mundo gay*. A el no le importa que su música siga el mismo camino.

"No les importa! No me gustan los rótulos, pero me gusta el hecho que los gays se identifiquen con mi música, la cual habla de tolerancia más que de política. Hablo de sexualidad, pero sin que se den cuenta. Cuando lo catalogan de "gay" va contra de lo que quiero lograr, porque mi música no es necesariamente gay o hetero. Lo puedes ver en mis shows. Tanto gays como heteros perder la cabeza de la misma forma(disfrutando de la misma forma)." Cuenta

Su paso por Sao Pablo, en noviembre, un festival de disfraces, una banda increíble y las proyecciones laterales hizo al show de Mika el más animado y diversificado. Aprensivo en un comienzo de como seria recibido , no creía cuando enfrento a la multitud vibrante.

"No sabia que esperar, estaba nervioso. Siempre escuchaba decir que seria increíble tocar aquí. Pero era un país difícil a causa de la distancia, y yo no sabia si las personas conocían mi música. Cuando cante la primera linea: "esto va ser genial". Vi a la gente mirandome a mi con curiosidad y entrega. Supe que podría hacer un show de dos horas sin perder su atención. Me sentí afortunado de estar allí."

RIO - Brazil gain another gringo. After making one of the most applauded and acclaimed concerts in Planeta Terra Festival, that happened in Sao Paulo last November, Mika is back in the country. But calm down, (unfortunately) there is not show coming around. Before diving in producing his next CD, the Lebanese musician living in London will land in Rio this month. He had considered renting an apartment in the town to enjoy our summer. But, as is your first time here, decided to try a shorter vacation. And has said he wants to stay anonymous, enjoying it like a normal tourist.

- Every time I hear about Brazil, I thought on the big word. I thought everything was great - says Mika.

Great is the passion that he's feeling for Brazilian culture. By comparing the food of England with that tasted here, he makes ugly face to the first. When talks about music, says Brazil is one of the names that most influence him:

- One of my favorite musicians and composers of all time is Milton Nascimento, along with Nina Simone and Harry Nilsson. I think it's wonderful because of the disks he did. Milton broke many barriers. It is not pop or classical. It's folk, traditional and progressive. And my music is against the labels. It goes wherever it want.

Mika attributes to "these guys" - and also to Freddy Mercury, Elton John, Beck and David Bowie - the responsibility for making their second album, "The boy who knew too much", less pop than the debut, "Life in cartoon motion "(a bestseller and critical). He doesn't regret the path that took his music and says he prefers not to be embedded into stereotypes. But says that his third album gonna back to basics:

- I told myself I needed a disk to complement the first, without it being made for radio. The third disc, I'm working on, will be much more pop than the others.

Born Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr., the musician likes polemics: has sung about a woman who suffers discrimination ("Big Girl - You Are Beautiful") and the married man who has a homosexual affair ("Billy Brown"). The record label who wanted to change the style of Mika at the beginning of his career was also "honored" in the lyrics of "Grace Kelly". Some letters are autobiographical. All above all, preach tolerance.

- At school, I never had been tolerated, even children. Older, other musicians have tried to change my style. But the rejection gives you a freedom. I would say to 13 years teenagers who want to kill yourself that rejection is a premium, because they can see what others can't. They can create their own worlds, as I created my own.

Mika doesn't accept his sexuality publicly, but every now and then is taken as a representative of the gay world. He does not mind his music follow the same path.

- I don't care! I don't like labels, but I like the fact that gay people identify something in my music that talks about tolerance more than about politics. Talk about sexuality, but do it without you noticing. When placing the stamp "gay," goes against what I am trying to achieve, because my music is not necessarily gay or straight. You can see it in my concerts. Has gay and straight losing their head at the same way - said.

In the passage by São Paulo in November, a festival of costumes, an amazing band, and projections on the sides of the stage made the show the most excited Mika and diversified. Apprehensive about how he would be received, he did not believe when faced with the vibrant crowd.

- I didn't know what to expect, I was nervous. I always heard that would be awesome playing here. It is a difficult country because of the distance, and I didn't know if people knew my music. When I played the first (song), I said: "It will be nice." I saw people looking at me with curiosity and surrendering. I saw that I could do two-hour show without losing their attention. I felt lucky to be there.

That's a great interview and translation. Thank you!

I really hope Mika enjoys his much deserved holiday.

- Every time I hear about Brazil, I thought of the big word. I thought everything was big - says Mika.

Big is the passion that he's feeling for Brazilian culture. By comparing the food of England with that tasted here, he makes ugly face to the first. When talks about music, says Brazil is one of the names that most influence him:

Thankx sister :huglove:

Traduccion al español, me tome algunas libertades, más que nada en las partes donde no habla directamente Mika. los * son aquellos párrafos u oraciones enque yo no estoy 100% segura

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brasil conquisto a un ingles más. Después de realizar una de las presentaciones más aclamadas del festival Planeta Terra realizado en Sao Paulo en noviembre pasado, Mika esta devuelta en el país. Pero calma (infelizmente) no para realizar un show. Antes de sumergirse en la producción de su próximo disco, el músico de origen libanes radicado en Londres estará este mes en Rio. Habría buscado alquilar un departamento en la ciudad para disfrutar de nuestro verano. Pero como se trata de su primera vez aquí decidió probar con unas pequeñas vacaciones. Y ha dicho que quiere permanecer en el anonimato, para disfrutar como cualquier turista.

"Cada vez que oia hablar de Brazil, yo pensaba en la palabra grande. Pense que que todo era grande*(genial/bien)" dice Mika

Siente una gran pasión por la cultura brasileña. Al comparar la comida de Inglaterra con los sabores de aquí, prefiriendo esta por sobre la primera. Al hablar sobre la música, diciendo que es un brasileño uno de los más lo influyen*:

" Uno de mis compositores y musico preferido de todos los tiempos es Milton Nascimento, junto con Nina Simone y Harry Nilsson. Lo encuentro maravilloso por los discos que hizo. Milton rompió muchas barreras. No es pop ni clasico. Es folk, tradicional y progresivo(al mismo tiempo). Y mi musica va en contra de las etiquetas. Ella va donde yo quiera*."

Mika le atribuye a ellos - y también a Freddy Mercury, Elton John, Beck y David Bowie- que su segundo disco " The boy who knew too much" menos pop de lo que fue su disco debut "Life in cartoon motion"(un suceso de ventas y critica). No se arrepiente del rumbo que tomo su música y dice que prefiere no ser encasillado en los estereotipos. Pero adelanta que su tercer álbum volverá a los orígenes:

" Me dije a mi mismo que necesitaba un disco que completar al primero, sin que fuese hecho para la radio. El tercer disco en el cual estoy trabajando, sera mucho más pop que los otros dos."

---Hasta aquí la primera parte de la traducción, tengo q ir a almorzar y continuo:biggrin2: ---

Really good :thumb_yello:

:flowers2: thank you!!!

---Hasta aquí la primera parte de la traducción, tengo q ir a almorzar y continuo:biggrin2: ---

:flowers2: Gracias

Bet it is:)) I'd like to go there some day. :wink2:

When I was at your age, I had a Brasilian male friend from Rio who lived for some time in Belgrade. And I was in contact with your language too...but we spoke in French :aah:

niiice!!

if you come to Brasil some time make contact with us... we would be really glad to receive a MFCer!!!

:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Hope my translation is ok and understandable, and thanks to Wesley for posting this interview, any doubt just ask me :thumb_yello:

GREAT TRANSLATION!!!

you rocked!!

:naughty:

thanks!!!

:flowers2:

Can we expect samba or bossa nova influence on the 3rd album? :pbjt:

Or is it just for holidays??... :surfing::soccer_h4h:

THAT would be so cool, especially if it's the percussive element.

I'm getting more excited for this album now:-)

can we expect he sings some music in portuguese???

I hope so :teehee::teehee::teehee:

yeahhh...

:wub2:

can we expect he sings some music in portuguese???

I hope so :teehee::teehee::teehee:

NO... THAT'S ENOUGHT!!

:swoon:

Mika, singing in portuguese???

gzuz...

huhuhuhu

it's a dream...

:floor::floor::lmfao:

yeahhh...

:wub2:

NO... THAT'S ENOUGHT!!

:swoon:

Mika, singing in portuguese???

gzuz...

huhuhuhu

it's a dream...

:floor::floor::lmfao:

NO FOR ME :teehee:

I knew Lady Gaga will sing in portuguese in your next CD and she never came in brazilian lands and after I know Mika would come to Brazil again, I remembered of this :aah::aah::aah:

''You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one'' #johnlennonfeelings

Thanks for the translation ;-)

Wish I could go to Brazil, not now as such, but anytime. It looks amazing there.

Grande Bia :aah:

Eu ia acabar não podendo fazer, pelo jeito...

Obrigada, flor :huglove:

That's a great interview and translation. Thank you!

I really hope Mika enjoys his much deserved holiday.

Thankx sister :huglove:

Really good :thumb_yello:

:flowers2: thank you!!!

niiice!!

if you come to Brasil some time make contact with us... we would be really glad to receive a MFCer!!!

:biggrin2::biggrin2:

GREAT TRANSLATION!!!

you rocked!!

:naughty:

thanks!!!

:flowers2:

Thanx for posting and for translation! Nice article!

Thanks for the translation ;-)

Wish I could go to Brazil, not now as such, but anytime. It looks amazing there.

Thank you so much for the translation :thumb_yello:

Great article!!

Thanks for the translation :biggrin2:

Thx everybody for posting.....

article and translation :thumb_yello:

Thanks for posting and translating! :flowers2::wub2:

you're welcome peeps

Nacido como Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. es un musico que le gusta la polémica: a cantado sobre mujeres que sufren discriminación("Big girl-you are beutiful") y también sobre un hombre casado que mantiene una relación homosexual("Billy Brown") Las disqueras que querían cambiar el estilo de Mika en sus inicios también fueron "homenajeadas" en los versos de "Grace Kelly". Algunas letras son autobiográficas. Pero por sobre todo todas hablan de tolerancia.

" En la escuela, nunca me toleraron, tampoco los niños. Más mayor, otros músicos intentaron cambiar mi estilo. Pero, el rechazo te da más libertad. Yo le diría a un adolescente de 13 años que quiere matarse que el rechazo es un premio, porque te da el poder de ver lo que otros no ven. Puedes crear tus propios mundos, como yo he creado el mío."

Mika no asume su sexualidad publicamente, mas de vez en cuando se le toma como un representante del mundo gay*. A el no le importa que su música siga el mismo camino.

"No les importa! No me gustan los rótulos, pero me gusta el hecho que los gays se identifiquen con mi música, la cual habla de tolerancia más que de política. Hablo de sexualidad, pero sin que se den cuenta. Cuando lo catalogan de "gay" va contra de lo que quiero lograr, porque mi música no es necesariamente gay o hetero. Lo puedes ver en mis shows. Tanto gays como heteros perder la cabeza de la misma forma(disfrutando de la misma forma)." Cuenta

Su paso por Sao Pablo, en noviembre, un festival de disfraces, una banda increíble y las proyecciones laterales hizo al show de Mika el más animado y diversificado. Aprensivo en un comienzo de como seria recibido , no creía cuando enfrento a la multitud vibrante.

"No sabia que esperar, estaba nervioso. Siempre escuchaba decir que seria increíble tocar aquí. Pero era un país difícil a causa de la distancia, y yo no sabia si las personas conocían mi música. Cuando cante la primera linea: "esto va ser genial". Vi a la gente mirandome a mi con curiosidad y entrega. Supe que podría hacer un show de dos horas sin perder su atención. Me sentí afortunado de estar allí."

Gracias pela tradución en spañol tambiém sweeta :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Archived