Mika interview in Luna Teen (Argentinean mag) January 2011 edition

sweet.pixie

yes, thanks a lot for your posting. An acoustic tour would sound so fantastic if he really did it ... ('m crossing my fingers !).:wub2:

I 'm sure he will come back to south america, he and his team seems to have enjoy these countries so much!!! but Mika, don't forget Europe and France for your acoustic tour if you do one, ok ? :wink2:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're welcome everyone :wub2:

Wo w! :wu b2:

I'm curious to see what he'll do with the new album... there will be very special more than other two album

It's weird cause I remember him previously saying that it'll be more pop, but now he says it'll be more melodic and that he doesn't like the genre thing :mf_rosetinted: Well, that we've always known, but still :aah:

He DOES surprise us everytime :mf_rosetinted:

Gracias, nunca habia visto esta revista :bli nk: , me parece que aca no sale

Gira Acustica, gira acustica :rolls_e yes:

Tendre que ir juntando desde ya dinero, por si no se le ocurre pasar por aca, para el pasaje y la entrada

Si ya fue una vez, sospecho que va a ir otra vez si se llevó una buena impresión :thumb_yello:

Do you think the rest of us will get an acoustic tour too?

When he did the acoustic tour last time, wasn't it just in US? Correct me if I'm wrong :teehee: But I don't really think he is into the idea of such a 'long acoustic tour'

Anyways, we never know :dunno:

If seriously, he looked perfect on the stage with opera singer (I mean that Flute this summer). I would be happy to hear him singing opera :wu b2::wub 2::wu b2:

I think I'd just fing it weird :teehee:

But I don't think he'll like to take part of an Opera, just direct it :thumb_yello:

Thanks for posting. I wonder when he is dreaming of an acoustic tour ....probably not for a while... ah, but some of us are very accustomed to waiting:mf_rosetin ted::a ah:

Tell us! :mf_rosetinted:

Muchisimas Gracias sweet.pixie....!!!

Oh my goodness I really hope he is talking seriously about go to argentina again....Cuz next time, I will definitely go there...and I hope it will be soon

I TRULLY think he enjoyed it here and he's coming back :wub2: Not just cause I want it :aah:

Thank you so much!!!! So great to hear a lot of new about him, after dome drought!

And yes, you never know with Mika what will happen next, and itsnot only the matter of his haircut ;)

oh yeah! thanks for the posting. I can totally see him on broadway!!! :thumb_yello:Come on Mika, "just do it"...:biggrin2:after your 13th album...that's fine. I love that he wants to do an acoustic album but really I love him for his Pop. :blink:I have others that do acousitc albums and that's why i love them. Can't I have both...geeszzz:boxed:

GREAT INTERVIEW!!!

Big thanks for posting and I'm hoping he come back to South America again too this year :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Can we dream with a 2 hours Mika show after the acoustic tour too??? :teehee::teehee::teehee:

Very interesting, thanks for posting and translating!! :flowers2:

Acoustic tour... would be so lovely :wub2:

He is a magical stage performer, and he knows how important his live shows are, they are a possibility to show his fantastic energy and imagination and they bring him always many new fans.

Aww, can't wait the third album :biggrin2:

That was such a lovely and very interesting interview:wub2:

thanks for posting and translating Pixie!!!

Love how he talks about the new album and about how the shows are made and that there are always fabrics etc. in his house:wub2:

No, I didn't run in the street to get it :mf_rosetinted:

It's a very nice interview :wub2:

He talks about his hair :aah: His third album and says that he wants to come back with an acoustic show! :boing:

I'l translate it all in a min :wink2:

Explorar.jpg

Explorar0001.jpg

EDIT! Translation:

Exclusive!

We've talked in exclusive with Mika before his show in Bs. As., where he sang all his most successful songs to a public ecstatic and happy that waits his soon come back.

Nice, charming and shy from time to time, that's the way we met Mika the day before his presentation in the Hot Festival last month, where he sang songs from his two albums, LICM and TBWKTM. Michael Holbrook, baptized Mika by her mother, was born in Beirut, capital of Lebanon, but, running away from the war, got first to France and finaly to Ingland, country he adopted as his own and where he settled with his family. He grew with four brother (three sisters), all involved with his career, with whom he designs scenery, costume and album's covers. He's creative, very warm, his falsetto while singing is part of his personal mark and the new hair cut suits him great.

LT: You've cut your hair!

M: Yes, it's a sign of change, simbolic.I love changing, I think that being contradictory makes you more interesting, that you never know what you are going to find next day.

LT: Your second album is very different to the firsts one...

M: Yes, it is, but at the same time I think that it works at a complement, as if I've finished it here, in the second one. I wanted the to complement each other and, from there, move into which ever direction I want to. In TBWKTM I started to be more openly biographic and a new relationship between the one who listens to it and myself appears.

LT: From the one which is coming, which for you already have a few songs, can you foresee which course it will take?

M: Nobody knows what type of album someone is making until you finish it. You've gotta follow you instinct, but it's going to be very different from the firsts two, extremely melodic, more 'direct'/'straight' (something like that, dunno which word to use exactly). No don't believe in labels (it's not the word here, but I guess he means that), I don't think that what I do is pop or indie, I think that it's a special way of writing songs and that only comes alive thanks to the melodies and the stories, not from the genre it belongs to. What really matters is if the song is powerful enough as to touch you deep inside (again, doesn't say that, but it's the meaning, it's TOO spanish translated) And that's what I want to do with the third album, keep on making music that goes beyond music genres, not to be fashionable and don't get predictable. That's what makes an artist's career full of risks, its ups and downs, but you never keep it static, in a place, it's always moving forward.

LT: Did you feel any fear that the second album wouldn't have as much acceptance as the first one?

M: No, never. I'm convinced of what I do, I had to do it. I didn't have doubts about the album, I did have about the concerts, I was scared that nobody would come to see me. I invest a lot in my shows, I wanted it to work and, even though I've sold half albums, I've doubled the people who came to see me.

LT: You get involved a lot in the process of production of a show, why?

M: I believe it's cause, for me, it's showing the way you see think/think about it (again, just catching the concept), I want to give a clear message, the art direction is very important. In TBWKTM, it had to look like it was hand made, even if it looked cheaper, that it didn't look like a Las Vegas show, everything clean and shinning. I think it's because I like to create a bubble during two hours, that the public gets cught in it so that the experience is the most interactive possible. I want people to fell that my show belongs to them, not just to see it.

LT: You don't have anything to fear about here, people loves you!

M: We'll see that tomorrow haha. What is interesting is that you have to create that level of excitment and compromise in that atmosphere, without any tricks, I hope I can do that. (redaction note: thay pasted his lovely tweet about BS. AS.)

LT: It looks like you don't make a difference between work and free time...

M: No, everything is part of the same! People get into my house or family's house, they see fabrics, objects, peaces of scenery everywhere! I can't develop as an artist isolated from all that, it's all part of the process. I think my mum had a lot to do with that cause we were raised in a house where there were fabrics and clothes everywhere because she was a clothes designer, the creative process was part of our everyday lives.

LT: What do you book for the future?

M: When I am old and I feel that I've learnt enough, I'd love to run a show or an opera, I't would be fantastic, to destroy it in a million of peaces and put it all back together again, that would be very fun, but not now.

LT: Are you coming back to our contry?

M: I'd love to come back to Argentina with a whole show and that's why I am coming to these festivals. Bringing a show requieres a lot more, a longer tour, that's why I think I'lol come back first with an acoustic tour to continue building the relashionship with the public.

And let me just say :wub2:

T4 posting and translating :thumb_yello:

Especially love this part about all the artistic risks which follow making a new album. He loves changing in any sense, has no fear of it like some other artists who always stick with a predictible routine.:wub2:

Thank you so much, Sweet.Pixie, for post and translation! Amazing interview!!!

Wow, could things even get more exciting in Mikaworld?

His album keeps sounding better and better when he talks about it,

and when he's older, we have a show or an opera to look forward to from Mika!!

*Has died and gone to heaven*

Archived