Not everything needs a thread

Congratulations on all you fine folk celebrating 5 years of listening to Mika. :thumb_yello:

I've only been listening to him for 5 weeks :boxed:

You have a great future! I hope so, at least :mf_rosetinted:

5 years have gone by as a moment.

Time is too relative thing. I'm still living in tour-2010 (it seems to me more close that this year's summer gigs).

You have a great future! I hope so, at least :mf_rosetinted:

5 years have gone by as a moment.

Time is too relative thing. I'm still living in tour-2010 (it seems to me more close that this year's summer gigs).

Stuck in the middle...:naughty:

Ah I envy you! My honeymoon with Mika ended some time ago. :naughty:

And how long did it last ? :blush-anim-cl: Because it's been a year these days for me since I joined the MFC. :kachinga:

Well,that's a looooong honeymoon. :wub2: And with all those intimate gigs...I hope he'll do it again. :winksmiley02:

Yeah me too. My first gig was only 600 people and within a couple of months he was playing to 5000+ so I thought that was my only chance to see him in a small venue. But I think he's always going to do smaller showcases and even tours so hopefully a lot of fans get the chance.

I remember an interview where Mika said something along the lines "The people who know me (fans he meant) know a lot of things about me, and the people who don´t know me... they know NOTHING bout me..."

does anyone of you remember which interview was it, or at least, the year? thanks

I remember an interview where Mika said something along the lines "The people who know me (fans he meant) know a lot of things about me, and the people who don´t know me... they know NOTHING bout me..."

does anyone of you remember which interview was it, or at least, the year? thanks

I dunno what it was, but it's funny how he said in Nov2010 that people know about him personally nothing :)

Wait, maybe it is it?

He said that at 0.45

I dunno what it was, but it's funny how he said in Nov2010 that people know about him personally nothing :)

Wait, maybe it is it?

He said that at 0.45

I´m not impressed by your skills :shocked:

not at all :shocked:

:bow:

you even found the interview!!! :aah: :aah:

I´m not impressed by your skills :shocked:

not at all :shocked:

:bow:

you even found the interview!!! :aah: :aah:

It's because it impressed me so much at that time. It even made me name the current Gasmic thread "He is not what we think he is".:aah:

It felt so sad that we know about him only the things that he himself allows us to know.

But yes, it took quite a time to find it, because initially I searched for Brasil. :blush-anim-cl:

That clip is saying something very different though. He's saying that people who listen to his music know a lot of facts about him but they don't know a lot of info about him on a personal level.

I think he's wrong though. I understand why he has kept his love life and any other gossipy details from the press but telling people you are dyslexic and were bullied at school and are still living in your parents' basement is already dispelling that pop music mystique that surrounded people back in the day like Madonna and Michael Jackson and Prince.

That clip is saying something very different though. He's saying that people who listen to his music know a lot of facts about him but they don't know a lot of info about him on a personal level.

I think he's wrong though. I understand why he has kept his love life and any other gossipy details from the press but telling people you are dyslexic and were bullied at school and are still living in your parents' basement is already dispelling that pop music mystique that surrounded people back in the day like Madonna and Michael Jackson and Prince.

I think it is just how he feels - what he counts as a harmless info, or benefiting, or whatever else; and what he feels (in inner level) as not allowed to be revealed.

He has his borderline, as every human. Some people has a big untouchable space, some people are more close to others. He easily hugs fans while taking pics, the same way he allows people to touch his memories.

But the most personal level is defended, the same as he didn't allowed a girl to kiss him (exactly at the time of interview). Maybe he was especially vulnerable at that time.

Yes. For sure I know nothing about who is he sleeping tonight, but I don´t care... however I think we know even too much stuff about him, as you said...

oh well, it´s Mika, saying now he likes white, and ten minutes after, saying he prefers black :roftl:

I think it is just how he feels - what he counts as a harmless info, or benefiting, or whatever else; and what he feels (in inner level) as not allowed to be revealed.

Yes but his rationale for this "that it ruins the mystery" is absurd. If anything all those salacious details build legends. I mean you never heard Amy Winehouse complaining about her childhood but her love life and excessive lifestyle were plastered all over the tabloids. It didn't exactly hurt the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc. that we all knew who they were shagging.

If he wants to keep part of his life under lock and key that is perfectly understandable but I don't believe that maintaining mystery is the reason. I think he underestimates people's perceptions too and just because he says something doesn't mean it will be accepted as gospel.

Yes but his rationale for this "that it ruins the mystery" is absurd. If anything all those salacious details build legends. I mean you never heard Amy Winehouse complaining about her childhood but her love life and excessive lifestyle were plastered all over the tabloids. It didn't exactly hurt the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc. that we all knew who they were shagging.

If he wants to keep part of his life under lock and key that is perfectly understandable but I don't believe that maintaining mystery is the reason. I think he underestimates people's perceptions too and just because he says something doesn't mean it will be accepted as gospel.

I don't mind him talking about bullying. According to teenagers' opinions, it hugely helps them, and I appreciate it (actually, when my daughter was moaning about her school I told her about Mika's school years).

And I want to believe that I really know about him something.

And I really don't want to know something about his personal life.

All I want is that everything went on as it was previously. :aah:

I need your help guys... hmmm there's a show in Quebec where teenagers can write the celebrity they want to meet on their website, and the team will get you to meet them or "him" in my case... I just thought it would be a good idea since Mika needs a liiittle publicity on those tvs and I'll get to make my dream come true... Though. I am VERY shy to be on TV. And not just that, they even get you at SCHOOL. and I'm even SHY"ER" to be in front of Mika... And even SHY"ER" "ER" to tell my parents about it. Thoughts? Help? I know y'all experts you can help me :biggrin2:

The basic thing about this show is the people that meet her fav celebrity can ask questions to him and it depends what activity the program organises to do with him and the fan, while asking the questions. so HELLP!

I need your help guys... hmmm there's a show in Quebec where teenagers can write the celebrity they want to meet on their website, and the team will get you to meet them or "him" in my case... I just thought it would be a good idea since Mika needs a liiittle publicity on those tvs and I'll get to make my dream come true... Though. I am VERY shy to be on TV. And not just that, they even get you at SCHOOL. and I'm even SHY"ER" to be in front of Mika... And even SHY"ER" "ER" to tell my parents about it. Thoughts? Help? I know y'all experts you can help me :biggrin2:

The basic thing about this show is the people that meet her fav celebrity can ask questions to him and it depends what activity the program organises to do with him and the fan, while asking the questions. so HELLP!

I would be scared as hell if I had to be on a show but I would do it anyway. You should do it if that's what you want because otherwise you might regret it later. About being shy... I have seen these TV shows with teenagers before and a lot of them actually seem shy. It's now a bad thing to be shy, even on TV, if you know what you want to say and don't freak out or anything:D

Good luck with that, no matter what you decide :thumb_yello:

I would be scared as hell if I had to be on a show but I would do it anyway. You should do it if that's what you want because otherwise you might regret it later. About being shy... I have seen these TV shows with teenagers before and a lot of them actually seem shy. It's now a bad thing to be shy, even on TV, if you know what you want to say and don't freak out or anything:D

Good luck with that, no matter what you decide :thumb_yello:

Thanks love! But I'm really in a situation like : WHAT SHOULD I DO? AH! I'm basically scared because of the gossips that are gonna run around after that...

EDIT: How the hell am I gonna tell my parents? I'm scared of their reaction :aah:

Thanks love! But I'm really in a situation like : WHAT SHOULD I DO? AH! I'm basically scared because of the gossips that are gonna run around after that...

EDIT: How the hell am I gonna tell my parents? I'm scared of their reaction :aah:

what are you scared about exactly? that they won't want you on tv? that you're talking about a singer? that he's male? maybe you clarifying your fears can help you (and us) confront and 'solve' them...

have you really been able to hide your mika 'obsession' so well?!:shocked: kudos to you in a way - everyone who knows me even casually knows about 'me and mika' :roftl:

i agree -if this is something you really feel strongly about you should do it - do you have a friend who can support you so it's easier? i recall you vlogged with your cuz, right? what about her?

and what type of 'gossip' do you think will happen after?

Don't know where to post it, so this thread will be ok, I guess :biggrin2:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2012/02/five_guys_queen_adam_lambert.php

Five Guys That Should Be in Queen Instead of Adam Lambert

​Rumors are swirling that former American Idol Adam Lambert is going to be teaming up with Queen for live performances.

We've got some bones to pick about this. While Lambert said he'll be doing this "to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some ****ing great songs," that can't possibly be his only motive. If he wants to pay tribute to Queen, he should start a tribute band.

Lambert isn't exactly the best pick for someone to take the place of Freddie Mercury, which, for the record, nobody should even be doing in the first place. He's Freddie Mercury. You can't top that. But if anyone is going to try, surely there must be some better options.

That's why we came up with a list of five guys who would be more suitable for this position than Adam Lambert.

5. Justin Hawkins of The Darkness <...>

4. Mika

Mika came right out about his Freddie obsession in the song "Grace Kelly" when he sang, "So I try a little Freddie!" Mika's voice is similar to Freddie's too.

3. Eric Nally of Foxy Shazam <...>

2. Sacha Baron Cohen <...>

1. Marc Martel <...>

Even if I would never want Mika to join Queen, it's so good to read someone thinks he would be a good choice for them :fangurl:

And I love what they wrote under the Mika pic... "Mika, let that 'stache grow, buddy." :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Don't know where to post it, so this thread will be ok, I guess :biggrin2:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2012/02/five_guys_queen_adam_lambert.php

Five Guys That Should Be in Queen Instead of Adam Lambert

​Rumors are swirling that former American Idol Adam Lambert is going to be teaming up with Queen for live performances.

We've got some bones to pick about this. While Lambert said he'll be doing this "to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some ****ing great songs," that can't possibly be his only motive. If he wants to pay tribute to Queen, he should start a tribute band.

Lambert isn't exactly the best pick for someone to take the place of Freddie Mercury, which, for the record, nobody should even be doing in the first place. He's Freddie Mercury. You can't top that. But if anyone is going to try, surely there must be some better options.

That's why we came up with a list of five guys who would be more suitable for this position than Adam Lambert.

5. Justin Hawkins of The Darkness <...>

4. Mika

Mika came right out about his Freddie obsession in the song "Grace Kelly" when he sang, "So I try a little Freddie!" Mika's voice is similar to Freddie's too.

3. Eric Nally of Foxy Shazam <...>

2. Sacha Baron Cohen <...>

1. Marc Martel <...>

Even if I would never want Mika to join Queen, it's so good to read someone thinks he would be a good choice for them :fangurl:

And I love what they wrote under the Mika pic... "Mika, let that 'stache grow, buddy." :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I love Adam Lambert, but your post is too right to disagree :biggrin2: Adam really doesn't suite Freddie's style, and ofcourse Marc Martel would be the most clever choice (my point). But yes, Mika would be better than Adam, litterally.

EDIT: Sacha Baron Cohen :shocked: hann? Uhm, isn't he the Bruno guys or the Borat dude? He sings :blink: ?

Edited by RayaBadran