Not everything needs a thread

NME just like to trash anything that's not cool/indie/whatever and they've had it in for Mika since 2007 so don't pay any mind to it.

Mika's always said he's Marmite and he got a lot of good press in the UK as well as some people who just used him as a punching bag for no reason other than that's what they do. (Perez Hilton used to slag Lily Allen off incessantly, but fawned all over Mika, so it works both ways.)

Oh well, at least they haven't forgotten him and cared enough to give him the first place :naughty:

The Brit Awards' 10 Worst Decisions Ever

1. Mika

In 2008, Mika won 'breakthrough act' ahead of Kate Nash, Klaxons, Bat For Lashes and Leona Lewis. This was the year of 'Bleeding Love', FYI. Since when has anything Mika's done ever topped 'Bleeding Love'? (Answer: never).

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&title=the_brit_awards_10_worst_decisions_ever&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Nice.

Sometimes I can understand why Mika keeps ignoring UK.

Bleeding Love? Really?

Ummm.... Okay, sure. Whatever you reckon NME. :teehee::doh:

Since when has anything Mika's done ever topped 'Bleeding Love'? (Answer: everything he's ever done is better than Bleeding Love . . . even Erase.).

There, I fixed that for them. :wink2:

OMG, as much as I dislike Erase, I totally agree with that!

I apologise on behalf of Britain :tears:

Relax astor, you shouldn't have to apologise for morons :wink2:.

NME just like to trash anything that's not cool/indie/whatever and they've had it in for Mika since 2007 so don't pay any mind to it.

Mika's always said he's Marmite and he got a lot of good press in the UK as well as some people who just used him as a punching bag for no reason other than that's what they do. (Perez Hilton used to slag Lily Allen off incessantly, but fawned all over Mika, so it works both ways.)

It's a shame they can't be a bit more open minded, rather than just decide that they don't like him.

Actually, why did they start hating Mika? Was it just because they can?

Bleeding Love? Really?

Ummm.... Okay, sure. Whatever you reckon NME. :teehee::doh:

OMG, as much as I dislike Erase, I totally agree with that!

Relax astor, you shouldn't have to apologise for morons :wink2:.

It's a shame they can't be a bit more open minded, rather than just decide that they don't like him.

Actually, why did they start hating Mika? Was it just because they can?

I know.

In the case of my peers, yep, most people I speak to here just say 'Mika, ewww', without being able to name more than two songs. Especially the self-made high-brow music buffs who just sneer derisively, because he sings high. He's too mainstream for the indie kids, and not mainstream enough for the mainstream people.

I've written to Mika's management for you -- will see if they can track it down! :thumb_yello:

:cheerful_h4h: Thanks for my son :flowers2: I told him tonight the MFC would try to help him get his gift. He's so eager to show his cool t-shirt around :wink2:

I know.

In the case of my peers, yep, most people I speak to here just say 'Mika, ewww', without being able to name more than two songs. Especially the self-made high-brow music buffs who just sneer derisively, because he sings high. He's too mainstream for the indie kids, and not mainstream enough for the mainstream people.

I have people in their 20s and 30s saying "Mika, ewww"...

Oh well, the less people that like Mika, the more we get to have him :teehee:

I'd prefer to see him get the success he deserves :dunno:

I can totally see why people dismiss him though and it is not really the fact that he sings high, otherwise no-one would like Adam Levine to name as a current recent example.

I don't think Mika has managed to show his strengths yet as there seems to be a contradiction between what he is capable of and what he wants to express vs what he actually does in several aspects. He seems to have realised that though and is already involving more people he can learn from in his work. I hope this different approach will show up in other aspects as well, not only in what he records.

That's not true. Mika does more gigs in France in any given month than he's done in Australia in his entire career. Because Australians say eww and the French say aah! :naughty:

I'd prefer to see him get the success he deserves :dunno:

I can totally see why people dismiss him though and it is not really the fact that he sings high, otherwise no-one would like Adam Levine to name as a current recent example.

I don't think Mika has managed to show his strengths yet as there seems to be a contradiction between what he is capable of and what he wants to express vs what he actually does in several aspects. He seems to have realised that though and is already involving more people he can learn from in his work. I hope this different approach will show up in other aspects as well, not only in what he records.

I did intend what I said to be in a joking tone... Of course I want Mika to get the success he deserves. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean he has to be massively popular. If people can't like Mika for whatever reason (even if it's just because he sings high) then they're the ones missing out, not Mika.

That's not true. Mika does more gigs in France in any given month than he's done in Australia in his entire career. Because Australians say eww and the French say aah! :naughty:

Bloody Australians! :sneaky2: Their taste in music is sh!te!

Wait a minute... :blink:

I won't say anything,just quoting someone's words: "My face is not sad,but inside,I am sad." :winksmiley02:

wasn´t it "but inside I´m upset":teehee: (yap. I`m nosy and slightly annoing:teehee:)

I like the vid btw. ^^

Edited by Anney

It is often like that :aah:

:aah:

wasn´t it "but inside I´m upset":teehee: (yap. I`m nosy and slightly annoing:teehee:)

I like the vid btw. ^^

Maybe you're right,but that's what I hear :dunno: and it seems that I'm not the only one: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14876 (and you're not nosy or annoying :teehee:). You know this happens often with his lyrics :wink2: