Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 8)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:wub2::biggrin2::mf_lustslow: okay so I am uber jealous at the moment xD why can't things like that happen in Perth.... thats right, nothing happens in Perth :(

:naughty: oh don't be too jealous... nothing is really happening here either. he is recording & we are patiently waiting, like everyone else.

:naughty:

:naughty: i don't think you need sugar on snow at the moment :roftl:

i tweeted him that he should try a repas cabane a sucre & to let me know if he needed advice. i won't hold my breath.

but really, it's the perfect time of year for that.

THere is one in the Old port, by one of the young chef, I think it,s patrice Demers. Still cabane à sucre, but trendy:thumb_yello:

THere is one in the Old port, by one of the young chef, I think it,s patrice Demers. Still cabane à sucre, but trendy:thumb_yello:

trendy? nah!

he needs to experience the real thing! The horses, the maple trees, the snow shoes, the mud, the liquor, the baked beans, the french canadian music :roftl:

:aah: il faut qu'il s'intègre s'il pense revenir! :biggrin2:

trendy? nah!

he needs to experience the real thing! The horses, the maple trees, the snow shoes, the mud, the liquor, the baked beans, the french canadian music :roftl:

:aah: il faut qu'il s'intègre s'il pense revenir! :biggrin2:

t'as raison...

I can think of a few places on the south shore. But if he has time, we need to bring him in Beauce, the real birthplace of maple syrup:thumb_yello:

t'as raison...

I can think of a few places on the south shore. But if he has time, we need to bring him in Beauce, the real birthplace of maple syrup:thumb_yello:

:naughty: eastern townships would be perfect for the experience ! :wub2:

and deb, that's where my parent's cottage is :aah:

Perth is the town where Heat Ledger:wub2: came from, remember?:wink2:
Too true, too true.. :thumb_yello:

I don't think anything is "happening" in Montreal either, unless one happens to be a waiter at Barroca :wink2:

How I envy them... :wub2:

:naughty: oh don't be too jealous... nothing is really happening here either. he is recording & we are patiently waiting, like everyone else.

:naughty:

Hahaha yeah.... but if your luck... and he walks out.... and you are near by.... you might get to smell him.... that would be.... AWESOME!.... wierd.... but epically awesome! :aah:

Hahaha yeah.... but if your luck... and he walks out.... and you are near by.... you might get to smell him.... that would be.... AWESOME!.... wierd.... but epically awesome! :aah:

smell him? :naughty: i just want to be a fly on the wall of the recording studio to listen to new music :teehee:

smelling him is not very high on my list of things to do :naughty:

i offered to be a fly on the wall of the recording studio ... i could report back :naughty:

You remind me of Rita Skeeter in HP :mf_rosetinted: and I've been last year during my trip to Canada to a cabane a sucre !! so delicious :aah: I would recommand Mika to camp in the Mont Tremblant when the weather permits it , it's an awesome experience !!! Ahhh Canada :wub2:

I think a lot of people have been close to Mika on a number of occasions but have yet to smell him :dunno: He put some perfume on my wrist once so I have an idea of what he smelled like but it seems a bit rude to sniff a person you barely know. :roftl:

You remind me of Rita Skeeter in HP :mf_rosetinted: and I've been last year during my trip to Canada to a cabane a sucre !! so delicious :aah: I would recommand Mika to camp in the Mont Tremblant when the weather permits it , it's an awesome experience !!! Ahhh Canada :wub2:

oh Mont Tremblant area is gorgeous :wub2:

but Eastern townships is pictoresque so many mountains & lakes and and and.... that's where i grew up! :fangurl:

I think a lot of people have been close to Mika on a number of occasions but have yet to smell him :dunno: He put some perfume on my wrist once so I have an idea of what he smelled like but it seems a bit rude to sniff a person you barely know. :roftl:

unless you are Melachi of course :dog:

which reminds me, he may miss his puppy... i could lend him Mysha for the day :teehee:

oh Mont Tremblant area is gorgeous :wub2:

but Eastern townships is pictoresque so many mountains & lakes and and and.... that's where i grew up! :fangurl:

You mean Rimouski and Gaspé ? that's on my to do list :mf_rosetinted:

smell him? :naughty: i just want to be a fly on the wall of the recording studio to listen to new music :teehee:

smelling him is not very high on my list of things to do :naughty:

:naughty: I just have this thing where if I can smell you I instantly know more about you.... its wierd.... but awesome.... plus it would amazing to be like: i was close enought to smell him.... nixt time.... i'll be even closer ;)

i should explain... in the spring, is when we make maple syrup in Québec.... like NOW Mika! the weather has to be perfect, which means, snow, frost at night & sunshine during the day + above 0 celcius.

we have sugar shacks in the woods that boil maple water and produce the maple syrup. not for the public to be at.

we also have the sugar shacks that do that, but are open to the public to visit, see, take a ride in the woods in a sleigh pulled by horses etc...

then after, you go inside and eat typical "cabane à sucre" meal, which is really quite simple foods, but very typical of country living. it usually consists of pea soup, omelettes, bacon, ham, potatoes, homemade bread, baked beans, homemade pickles etc... and you take maple syrup and smother everything with it :naughty:

for deserts, usually sugar pie, maple syrup dumplings, pets de soeur (nun's farts :teehee:)

then after, you go ouside & they offer sugar on snow... there are large pans of snow & they pour boiled maple syrup on snow & it hardens right away, leaving this toffee that is sooooooooooo sweet :wub2:

it looks like this: Tire sur la neige

after, the evening is usually spent with dancing and drinking in the venue.

it's not very high class, but it's the Quebec spring experience :naughty:

it's actually quite fun when you go with a bunch of friends/family

Archived