Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 8)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i should explain... in the spring, is when we make maple syrup in Québec.... like NOW Mika! the weather has to be perfect, which means, snow, frost at night & sunshine during the day + above 0 celcius.

we have sugar shacks in the woods that boil maple water and produce the maple syrup. not for the public to be at.

we also have the sugar shacks that do that, but are open to the public to visit, see, take a ride in the woods in a sleigh pulled by horses etc...

then after, you go inside and eat typical "cabane à sucre" meal, which is really quite simple foods, but very typical of country living. it usually consists of pea soup, omelettes, bacon, ham, potatoes, homemade bread, baked beans, homemade pickles etc... and you take maple syrup and smother everything with it :naughty:

for deserts, usually sugar pie, maple syrup dumplings, pets de soeur (nun's farts :teehee:)

then after, you go ouside & they offer sugar on snow... there are large pans of snow & they pour boiled maple syrup on snow & it hardens right away, leaving this toffee that is sooooooooooo sweet :wub2:

it looks like this: Tire sur la neige

after, the evening is usually spent with dancing and drinking in the venue.

it's not very high class, but it's the Quebec spring experience :naughty:

it's actually quite fun when you go with a bunch of friends/family

It should be very good!! :wub2:

Awww, I really hope that Mika will do a gig in Canada: I would like to visit this beautiful place and eat this sugar shacks!!

Awww, I really hope that Mika will do a gig in Canada: I would like to visit this beautiful place and eat this sugar shacks!!

i hope for a gig also :naughty:

to go to a sugar shack, it has to be in the spring... like NOW!

the seasons can vary from 2 weeks to 6 weeks... depending on weather

if you come here, it will be my pleasure to take you there. there is one 20 min from my home :blush-anim-cl:

i offered to be a fly on the wall of the recording studio ... i could report back :naughty:

:kachinga:

Please do not summon the Saturday drama gods with such requests :lmfao:

Exactly what I was thinking :lmfao:

So sorry, I wasn't thinking at all. Wouldn't want to do that!:no:

i should explain... in the spring, is when we make maple syrup in Québec.... like NOW Mika! the weather has to be perfect, which means, snow, frost at night & sunshine during the day + above 0 celcius.

we have sugar shacks in the woods that boil maple water and produce the maple syrup. not for the public to be at.

we also have the sugar shacks that do that, but are open to the public to visit, see, take a ride in the woods in a sleigh pulled by horses etc...

then after, you go inside and eat typical "cabane à sucre" meal, which is really quite simple foods, but very typical of country living. it usually consists of pea soup, omelettes, bacon, ham, potatoes, homemade bread, baked beans, homemade pickles etc... and you take maple syrup and smother everything with it :naughty:

for deserts, usually sugar pie, maple syrup dumplings, pets de soeur (nun's farts :teehee:)

then after, you go ouside & they offer sugar on snow... there are large pans of snow & they pour boiled maple syrup on snow & it hardens right away, leaving this toffee that is sooooooooooo sweet :wub2:

Oh wow! This sound really special!:thumb_yello:

I've always thought about the making of maple syrup as something very romantic almost magical ever since I read The Little House in The Woods, by Laura Ingalls Wilder. :wub2:

Oh wow! This sound really special!:thumb_yello:

I've always thought about the making of maple syrup as something very romantic almost magical ever since I read The Little House in The Woods, by Laura Ingalls Wilder. :wub2:

i found a video on a website the other day that shows how it's made... i could send you the link, if you'd like

:mf_lustslow::wub2:

i hope for a gig also :naughty:

to go to a sugar shack, it has to be in the spring... like NOW!

the seasons can vary from 2 weeks to 6 weeks... depending on weather

if you come here, it will be my pleasure to take you there. there is one 20 min from my home :blush-anim-cl:

:blush-anim-cl: Thanks!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Albert reffers to this song:

Him being on Mika's side all the time he ofcourse knows what Mika is doing....:wink2:

I have a real soft spot for Clay Aiken's performance of that song. :wub2:

Vincent van Gogh is my favourite painter :wub2:

Really love his paintings :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

I went to the Van Gogh museum when I was in Amsterdam. If you get the chance, go. It was so worth it. :mf_lustslow:

sugar house / sugar shack .... where they make the maple syrup in the woods

I know about that thanks to my Food Network boyfriend Ricardo Larrivee! :fangurl:

Save your pennies :aah: A flight from Italy to Montreal is like 1300 euros. Stupid expensive transatlantic flights. :annoyed_h4h:

Save your pennies :aah: A flight from Italy to Montreal is like 1300 euros. Stupid expensive transatlantic flights. :annoyed_h4h:

Actualy there are flights from Nice to Montreal with very affordable prices during spring !! Nice is close to Italy. I went with Airtransat and paid less than 500 euros :thumb_yello:

Actualy there are flights from Nice to Montreal with very affordable prices during spring !! Nice is close to Italy. I went with Airtransat and paid less than 500 euros :thumb_yello:

airtansat, commonly know to many quebecers as air sardine:naughty: because you are so stuck in their planes:mf_rosetinted:

airtansat, commonly know to many quebecers as air sardine:naughty: because you are so stuck in their planes:mf_rosetinted:

You guys obviously haven't flown by Ryanair or Easyjet then? Airtransat was like a luxury flight compared to them. :naughty:

LOL I like that one :biggrin2: the plane was OK though , honestly the flight was enjoyable.

You guys obviously haven't flown by Ryanair or Easyjet then? Airtransat was like a luxury flight compared to them. :naughty:

+1 , the worst is Easyjet I guess , I'm a 6'1 and feel worse than a sardine on their seats :sneaky2:

I think they improved a lot in the last years so they treat us like luxury sardines now:roftl:

Thanks guys for your advices!! :wink2:

Honestly, I don't understand why they cost so much :blink: Fuel? Or what else? In the twenty-first century, with technological and especially aerospace progress, the planes should be the cheapest way to travel that exists on earth... but I'm beginning to understand that it's all a question of trade and airlines :naughty:

Big problem for a future aerospace engineer :teehee:

I flown with Easyjet last summer :naughty: It's not very confortable :aah:

Honestly, I don't understand why they cost so much :blink: Fuel? Or what else?

Taxes and other service fees that cover heightened airport security, etc. I am flying to England soon. The price for the flight is $200. The taxes and fees are $500. :sneaky2:

Taxes and other service fees that cover heightened airport security, etc. I am flying to England soon. The price for the flight is $200. The taxes and fees are $500. :sneaky2:

its horrible:aah:

the cheapest flight i ever got to Europe was 800$.... :no: its almost the cost of all the hotels and car rental and stuff combined:aah:

i really wish it was cheaper :no:

Archived