I think you need to take another good and long look at the guy!:roftl:

:huglove:

Yep, i think so too, suzie....:teehee::naughty:

I have...:blink:

I don't even find him good looking, let alone charming...:roftl:

I must add I never fancied skinny guys though...:teehee:

Edited by suzie

You're in the wrong fan club then....:mf_rosetinted:

I actually changed to word 'liked' to 'fancied' as I realised it might sound controversial here....:naughty:

I hope it is not against forum guidelines not to fancy skinny guys :teehee:

Edited by suzie

I was just about to lose interest when I clicked on this and really liked it!:thumb_yello:

It doesn't hurt that the lead singer is good looking and charming either!:naughty:

I have...:blink:

I don't even find him good looking, let alone charming...:roftl:

I must add I never fancied skinny guys though...:teehee:

I found that song interesting too! :thumb_yello:

Goes and checks the singer now :teehee: I don't think I will actually "fancy" him but I think I might appreciate beauty :roftl:

Edit: He can pass the test :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by tiibet

I found that song interesting too! :thumb_yello:

Goes and checks the singer now :teehee: I don't think I will actually "fancy" him but I think I might appreciate beauty :roftl:

Edit: He can pass the test :mf_rosetinted:

He can, can't he?:naughty:

Now all we have to do is to convince suzie....:naughty::roftl:

I think I should go and look at that guy. Watched several of their vids today, but never paid attention at his appearance :blink:

It's because I don't look at other men than Mika :wub2:

Who was right?

Btw, I don't think that Mika singing backing vocals on an AAR track qualifies as a 'big' collaboration. At least based on the guy's comment on FB :dunno: (I'd say it is cross-branding with little effort.:naughty:) A collaboration is more like the song 'By the Time' with Imogen Heap.

Perhaps, since Greg was involved, MIKA did it for fun

rather than some 'career strategy' . . .

I find it slightly irritating how bands like Weezer, GreenDay and others whose names I don't even remember are defined as 'punk' or 'alternative rock' when they play very simple pop melodies with annoying chord changes and don't even bother much with instruments... :dunno: Although compared to Ke$ha, they are pretty alternative, especially the looks :naughty: ). They just remind me that rock music is dead :emot-sad:

I´m not sure about which Weezer song you are talking about, but I have all his records, and trust me... they are not playing very simple pop!! :aah: :aah: :aah:

I think I should go and look at that guy. Watched several of their vids today, but never paid attention at his appearance :blink:

It's because I don't look at other men than Mika :wub2:

But u should, u should...:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

I´m not sure about which Weezer song you are talking about, but I have all his records, and trust me... they are not playing very simple pop!! :aah: :aah: :aah:

Well, I have partly regretted annoying Weezer and GD fans with my comment. I tried to explain it earlier but deleted it as I didn't want to draw more attention on it. :teehee:

Now that you also replied, let me just say that I love pop music and when I say that they play nerdy pop songs I do not mean it as an offense. It is only to say that it is very different from the classic rock sound (where expression is instrument rather than melody-focused). Therefore, I don't call it rock as I have missed that sound in the last 1.5 decades or so. Most new 'rock bands' are pop punk bands with very strong focus on the melody being sung rather than instruments playing it. My opinion is based on the singles I have heard from these guys. They might have all sorts of songs, and I don't think there are clear cut genres in popular music, either, so calling them a different genre is fine by me - this is only how I define them, although the word pop punk is often used for them, as far as I remember.

Maybe you can tryby showing his intellectual charm .. :naughty:

Perhaps, since Greg was involved, MIKA did it for fun

rather than some 'career strategy' . . .

that was a joke :wink2:... although I can imagine the record company being ecstatic about it..:teehee:

Edited by suzie

Well, I have partly regretted annoying Weezer and GD fans with my comment. I tried to explain it earlier but deleted it as I didn't want to draw more attention on it. :teehee:

Now that you also replied, let me just say that I love pop music and when I say that they play nerdy pop songs I do not mean it as an offense. It is only to say that it is very different from the classic rock sound (where expression is instrument rather than melody-focused) and I have missed that in the last 1.5 decades or so. Most new 'rock bands' are pop punk bands with very strong focus on the melody being sung rather than instruments playing it. My opinion is based on the singles I have heard from these guys. They might have all sorts of songs, and I don't think there are clear cut genres in popular music, either, so calling them a different genre is fine by me - this is only how I define them, although the word pop punk is often used for them, I guess.

Maybe you can tryby showing his intellectual charm .. :naughty:

oh don´t worry :huglove: not offece at all!!

it´s just that I would really call "pop" to what Mika does, but never to what Weezer does... Maybe I need to listen again to their songs to realise if they focuse on mellody instead of instruments :aah:

Anyway, it´s not that Weezer is my fave band forever :aah: but I knew them cause my friends were lovers of alternative music, and I listened to that music since I was like 16... and I always remember my friends complaining about how "pop" music have a great respons in radio and tv, while "good" music (as they called it) like Weezer, Los Planetas and stuff were ignored by the media... So it was pretty funny reading "Weezer play pop music" :aah::aah:

o

Anyway, it´s not that Weezer is my fave band forever :aah: but I knew them cause my friends were lovers of alternative music, and I listened to that music since I was like 16... and I always remember my friends complaining about how "pop" music have a great respons in radio and tv, while "good" music (as they called it) like Weezer, Los Planetas and stuff were ignored by the media... So it was pretty funny reading "Weezer play pop music" :aah::aah:

yes, but this is what I mean... This way your friends refer to pop as 'bad / commercial music vs 'good' rock music, whilst I compare Led Zeppelin to Weezer and say that LZ is rock music (blues rock, hard rock - depending on the songs) and Weezer is pop (maybe pop rock or pop punk) because the songs I am thinking about (e,.g. Buddy Holly) are typical 3-4 minute catchy pop tunes with very simple drum, bass and guitar accompanying it.

Btw, I was so surprised that Amy Winehouse won a Grammy (or more) in pop category several years ago, so I am not sure how genres are defined in the US any more.

Edited by suzie

yes, but this is what I mean... This way your friends refer to pop as 'bad / commercial music vs 'good' rock music, whilst I compare Led Zeppelin to Weezer and say that LZ is rock music (blues rock, hard rock - depending on the songs) and Weezer is pop (maybe pop rock or pop punk) because the songs I am thinking about (e,.g. Buddy Holly) are typical 3-4 minute catchy pop tunes with very simple drum, bass and guitar accompanying it.

Btw, I was so surprised that Amy Winehouse won a Grammy (or more) in pop category several years ago, so I am not sure what the US and UK means by certain genres any more.

oh I understand! But Weezer is not a rock band!! they are in the category of "alternative" music. Rock music has a very strong influence here in Spain, and a very good response in the media. But Weezer are "alternative"... at least, here in Spain... we give that name to those bands or singers that don´t fit in any other genre :aah: and though Mika thinks he can´t fit either pop or indie, he´s labelled here (sorry Mika, I know you hate labels :aah:) as pop. Even when he came to 40 Principales, they called him "the new king of pop" (yes, Michael Jackson was still warm :sneaky2:)

This is the close i could get to his "intellectual charm"....:mf_rosetinted:

American+rock+band++The+All-American+Rejects,+press+conference,+Malaysia,++Aug.+15,+2009..jpg

:lmao:

I like his attitude...:roftl: I also appreciate how he posted about this collaboration on twitter and FB. Or was it him or someone else from the band? (:doh: forgot the name already :naughty:)