Collaboration with The All-American Rejects

iadoremika

Really? I don't think I would ever listen to them, to be honest. :cool:

They play pop punk (their sound is similar to bands like Weezer..etc) . This is their most well-known song:

I don't think so, but there is always hope...:teehee:

If nothing else, at least a step forward in Mika's US career though :dunno:

Yes, and if we can also get his songs on Glee, he'll get even more exposure over there, because they'll all hear his music.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled about this colab, even though I don't know the band well (yet) It's great news!

EDIT: Just looked at the vid you've linked, and listened! I love the song, I recognised it, and they seem really great! Especially the lead guy!!!

Here's another one, a bit more Rock. My son mentioned this one. He likes it. Move Along

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
To add text and new link

SEE also-

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3478089&postcount=1830

This was just posted on The All-American Rejects Facebook page:

"Thanks to Mika for throwing his sweet vocals on the end of one of my favorite songs our band has done. It's made it that much more special.tyson"

https://www.facebook.com/#!/AllAmericanRejects/posts/10150209330171945

"on the end of one of my favorite songs our band has done" - it seems like it was an existent song, they just re-done it with Mika. Am I right?

It sounds like it !

I hope they have redone the Give You Hell song :naughty::teehee:

Oh Dirty Little Secret is one of my favourite songs. This should be interesting. :biggrin2:

BTW Nikki Yanofsky mentioned the other day that she will be recording her album with Greg Wells in the summer. :fisch:

BTW Nikki Yanofsky mentioned the other day that she will be recording her album with Greg Wells in the summer. :fisch:

That's good news. Pop / jazz-pop suits her better at the moment, because of her age.

He was right ! I wonder what big collaborations there are in Mika's albumn !! :biggrin2:

Who was right?

Btw, I don't think that Mika singing backing vocals on an AAR track qualifies as a 'big' collaboration. At least based on the guy's comment on FB :dunno: (I'd say it is cross-branding with little effort.:naughty:) A collaboration is more like the song 'By the Time' with Imogen Heap.

Really? I don't think I would ever listen to them, to be honest. :cool:

They play pop punk (their sound is similar to bands like Weezer..etc) . This is their most well-known song:

If nothing else, at least a step forward in Mika's US career though :dunno:

Yeah, that's true -- I hope! BTW "Gives You Hell" may be

well-known song but the first song I thought of was "Dirty Little Secret"

But they've been around a while, and I quite like them, so I do think it's

good for Mika's US exposure to turn up on one of their records.

Does anyone remember back when Mika modeled for Paul Smith in 2007?

Tyson Ritter (lead singer of AAR) was part of that same campaign (as was Lily Allen, I think:

http://www.myfdb.com/campaigns/3560-paul-smith-ad-campaign-spring-summer-2007

http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/paul-smith-world/news/new-ss07-advertising-campaign,116,PNP.html

They also turned up in Paper Magazine's 25 issue in 2009:

http://www.papermag.com/arts_and_style/2009/09/25-in-2009.php

Seems like their paths might have crossed a few times before now.

Does anyone remember back when Mika modeled for Paul Smith in 2007?

Tyson Ritter (lead singer of AAR) was part of that same campaign (as was Lily Allen, I think:

http://www.myfdb.com/campaigns/3560-paul-smith-ad-campaign-spring-summer-2007

http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/paul-smith-world/news/new-ss07-advertising-campaign,116,PNP.html

They also turned up in Paper Magazine's 25 issue in 2009:

http://www.papermag.com/arts_and_style/2009/09/25-in-2009.php

Same here, I didn't even know the other song was theirs.

Interesting though. :thumb_yello:

To be honest, I couldn't think of their songs when I heard this news in the morning but I do remember having heard their name (so good choice for a name :teehee:) and when I quickly listened to some of their stuff, "Gives You Hell" was the only song and video that sounded familiar. However, it only means that they are not popular over here and I tend to switch satellite music channels or not really listen when this type of music is played. (It is only personal though, not much to do with the bands themselves. I find it slightly irritating how bands like Weezer, GreenDay and others whose names I don't even remember are defined as 'punk' or 'alternative rock' when they play very simple pop melodies with annoying chord changes and don't even bother much with instruments... :dunno: Although compared to Ke$ha, they are pretty alternative, especially the looks :naughty: ). They just remind me that rock music is dead :emot-sad:

yes, they do seem to have a 'cool' /'outsider' image Mika would like to have, I suppose.

In terms of the music, AAR might be in the US 'rock'(:teehee:) scene what Mika is in the pop one in Europe - slightly alternative and innovative vs current trends.

So good choice for a backing singer but not a surprising one since Greg is producing their new album. :naughty:

Edited by suzie

To be honest, I couldn't think of their songs when I heard this news in the morning but I do remember having heard their name (so good choice for a name :teehee:) and when I quickly listened to some of their stuff, "Gives You Hell" was the only song and video that sounded familiar. However, it only means that they are not popular over here and I tend to switch satellite music channels or not really listen when this type of music is played. (It is only personal though, not much to do with the bands themselves. I find it slightly irritating how bands like Weezer, GreenDay and others whose names I don't even remember are defined as 'punk' or 'alternative rock' when they play very simple pop melodies with annoying chord changes and don't even bother much with instruments... :dunno: Although compared to Ke$ha, they are pretty alternative, especially the looks :naughty: ). They just remind me that rock music is dead :emot-sad:

yes, they do seem to have a 'cool' /'outsider' image Mika would like to have, I suppose.

In terms of the music, AAR might be in the US 'rock'(:teehee:) scene what Mika is in the pop one in Europe - slightly alternative and innovative vs current trends.

So good choice for a backing singer but not a surprising one since Greg is producing their new album. :naughty:

Please don't say Green Day don't bother with instruments. That's so untrue it hurts. All 3 of the members play their own instruments. Guitar, bass, drums... Billy Joe plays the guitar, keybard, and sings all in one song at times!

Also...

Pop music has it's own special melodies? :blink: And how are chord changes annoying? I'm lost.

Rock music is very much alive - just not on most radios.

Please don't say Green Day don't bother with instruments. That's so untrue it hurts. All 3 of the members play their own instruments. Guitar, bass, drums... Billy Joe plays the guitar, keybard, and sings all in one song at times!

I did not mean that they don't play instruments. Of course not. It is just that I find the role of instruments minimal on their records, in my opinion, vs my expectations only.:wink2:

( I am old and keep moaning, please don't take offense that I don't really like the music of these bands :naughty: )

Rock music is very much alive - just not on most radios.

yes, that is what I meant. I did not word it well. There are not many really good rock bands you hear about in the mainstream media.:wink2:

Edited by suzie

I was just about to lose interest when I clicked on this and really liked it!:thumb_yello:

It doesn't hurt that the lead singer is good looking and charming either!:naughty:

I was just about to lose interest when I clicked on this and really liked it!:thumb_yello:

It doesn't hurt that the lead singer is good looking and charming either!:naughty:

Bet Mika himself didnt mind it....:teehee: