New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

This will be a massive hit in France. Do you know how big France is?:naughty:

Not only there, there's French Canada too!!

Honestly I don't think the fans should worry. Elle Me Dit is just an extra thing. He will release English singles. He said he'll release some before the album. when he does so, he'll promote himself in the UK again. But it won't hurt a bit that he's had a massive hit in France with a French song. It will give them something to talk about, regarding Mika.

I think he's just giving something back to France. They've embraced him so much and even put his statue in the waxworks (which is more that Madame Tussauds have done) and let's face it. We shouldn't have to ask for Mika's statue to be there, or even that his songs get onto Glee in the US. It's time the world realised his talent. Maybe this new direction will make them sit up and take notice.

Anyway, let's be happy now and see what happens next. I think it's really exciting!

She tells me "make a happy song, not a depressing one, a song that everybody loves".

She tells me "you'll be a billionaire. You'll have something to be proud of. Don't end up like your father".

She tells me, "don't lock yourself up in your room. Come on, do something! Tell me what your problem is".

She tells me "what's up with you, you look uncomfortable, Are you on drugs (you're high) or happy? You'll end up like your brother".

She tells me, "it's your life. Do what you want, whatever. One day you'll understand and then you'll blame yourself/feel bad about it".

She tells me "you're so lame, get out of your bubble. You're doing whatever you fancy, it looks like you enjoy it".

"Why are you wasting your life? Dance dance, she tells me to dance."

She tells me "do like other boys and kick a ball. You'll become famous"

She tells me "what are you doing on the internet? There's something wrong in your head. Look at all the time you're wasting".

"Why are you complaining all the time? You look like an 8 year old. You're not going to please anybody that way".

She tells me "one day I won't be there anymore" and it's when she tells me this that she's telling me something I like to hear.

CHORUS

She tells me, "you don't have white hair yet but you're almost 30, you should wake up now".

She tells me, "you're still a child, you'll never grow up and I'm already old".

She tells me," look at your friends and what they're doing with their lives. It's really depressing"

She tells me, "one day you'll kill me" and when she tells me this she's telling me something I like to hear.

CHORUS

I just heard the song for the first time and I like it :biggrin2:

I read the translation, but I still don't really understand what's it about. I hope Mika tells us more about this song soon.

just woke up & booted the kids off my pc :teehee: love the sound but cant give an opinion about the lyrics since i dont speak froggie ....... translation please :confused

oh was slow in typing already translated .... cheers !

Edited by scg
cause i can

Ok so I'm happy to read that other people thought about Yelle when hearing the song haha. I'm not a huge fan of Yelle but well...

The song sure is catchy. I LOVE the lyrics. They're really funny and cool. As for the melody, I have to say that it's a bit repetitive and honestly, I don't think it's one of Mika's best tunes. But I like it and it'll be stuck in my head for the rest of the day mwa ha ha!

[YOUTUBE]eP03PJ5muVQ[/YOUTUBE]

~WITH LYRICS~

Elle me dit "écris une chanson contente,

pas une chanson déprimante,

une chanson que tout le monde aime".

Elle me dit "tu deviendras milliardaire.

T'auras de quoi être fier.

Ne finis pas comme ton père".

Elle me dit "ne t'enferme pas dans ta chambre,

vas-y, secoue-toi et danse

dis moi c'est quoi ton problème?"

Elle me dit "qu'est ce que t'as t'as l'air coincé,

t'es défoncé ou t'es gai

Tu finiras comme ton frère"

CHORUS:

Elle me dit,

Elle me dit "c'est ta vie

fais ce que tu veux tant pis

un jour tu comprendras

un jour tu t'en voudras"

Elle me dit "t'es trop nul,

sors un peu de ta bulle.

Tu fais n'importe quoi

on dirait que t'aimes ca."

Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie?

Danse danse danse danse elle me dit danse". x2

Elle me dit "fais comme les autres garcons,

va taper dans un ballon,

tu deviendras populaire".

Elle me dit, "qu'est-ce que tu fous sur internet,

ca va pas bien dans ta tête.

Regarde le temps que tu perds."

Elle me dit "pourquoi tu te plains tout le temps?

On dirait que t'as huit ans.

C'est pas comme ca que tu vas plaire"

Elle me dit "un jour je ne serai plus là

et c'est quand elle me dit ça

qu'elle me dit un truc que j'aime.

CHORUS

Elle me dit, "t'as pas encore des cheveux blancs,

mais t'auras bientôt 30 ans,

faudrait que tu te réveilles".

Elle me dit "tu es toujours un enfant,

tu ne seras jamais grand.

Et moi je suis déjà vieille"

Elle me dit "regarde un peu tes amis,

qu'est-ce qu'ils vont faire de leur vie,

y' a de quoi se foutre en l'air".

Elle me dit, "oui un jour tu me tueras"

et c'est quand elle me dit ca

qu'elle me dit un truc que j'aime.

CHORUS

Edited by A. Clay

She tells me "make a happy song, not a depressing one, a song that everybody loves".

She tells me "you'll be a billionaire. You'll have something to be proud of. Don't end up like your father".

She tells me, "don't lock yourself up in your room. Come on, do something! Tell me what your problem is".

She tells me "what's up with you, you look uncomfortable, Are you on drugs (you're high) or happy? You'll end up like your brother".

She tells me, "it's your life. Do what you want, whatever. One day you'll understand and then you'll blame yourself/feel bad about it".

She tells me "you're so lame, get out of your bubble. You're doing whatever you fancy, it looks like you enjoy it".

"Why are you wasting your life? Dance dance, she tells me to dance."

She tells me "do like other boys and kick a ball. You'll become famous"

She tells me "what are you doing on the internet? There's something wrong in your head. Look at all the time you're wasting".

"Why are you complaining all the time? You look like an 8 year old. You're not going to please anybody that way".

She tells me "one day I won't be there anymore" and it's when she tells me this that she's telling me something I like to hear.

CHORUS

She tells me, "you don't have white hair yet but you're almost 30, you should wake up now".

She tells me, "you're still a child, you'll never grow up and I'm already old".

She tells me," look at your friends and what they're doing with their lives. It's really depressing"

She tells me, "one day you'll kill me" and when she tells me this she's telling me something I like to hear.

CHORUS

in the french lyrics there they say "are you gay?"

Elle me dit "qu'est ce que t'as t'as l'air coincé , t'es défoncé ou t'es gai

Yes it's "gai" in French. It usually means "excited, very happy". It can also mean "are you tipsy/merry? Have you drunk?" If it's spelt the English way, "gay" it means "homosexual". I don't think that's the meaning there!

Yes it's "gai" in French. It usually means "excited, very happy". It can also mean "are you tipsy/merry? Have you drunk?" If it's spelt the English way, "gay" it means "homosexual". I don't think that's the meaning there!

oh ok! Blame it on google translator... it translated gai into gay :mf_rosetinted:

In french there´s a word gay but with y and it´s taken from english, like in this awful parody :

didn't gay mean, happy and something like that too, in early english? not sure though :aah:

gay`s always meant happy it just you kids thats twisted the word to mean something else ...... it doesnt even have anything to do with your sexualty anymore it means your lame :boxed:

gay`s always meant happy it just you kids thats twisted the word to mean something else ...... it doesnt even have anything to do with your sexualty anymore it means your lame :boxed:

:huh:

ah, learned something new :aah:

Here in Slovakia we use a word "warm" to say someone´s homosexual :aah:

Like - He´s warm :mf_rosetinted:

:huh:Actually, it still means sexuality, it's joint, meaning if someone uses it as an insult, they're calling that person gay and mean that gay people are lame. :sneaky2:

She told me to write a song that didn't make us sad, a song that everyone would love,

She said I'd be rich, a millionaire/billionaire, she said I shouldn't end up like my father did, and that I should be proud.

She said “Why do you stay in your room all day?”. She demanded what was wrong.

She said "Do you care too much how you look?

Did you think you only had a one way ticket?

You will end up like your brother"

CHORUS

She said that in life you should do what you want, and perhaps one day you will understand and get what you wish for.

She said "You can't spend the rest of your life trapped in a little bubble. Anything that you can do to find love will help you"

"Why are you wasting this life? Why are you wasting your life? Why are you wasting this life we have?"

"Dance, dance, dance”, she said, ” dance, dance, dance"

She said “Something will get the ball rolling, and you will become really popular.”

She said "You're wasting your time on the Internet all day (As in Social Networking).

You're just watching your life go by.”

She said "You need to stop thinking like you did when you were eight, it's not the way forwards"

She said one day I would break free and then....she told me something I loved….”

CHORUS

She said that in life you should do what you want, and perhaps one day you will understand and get what you wish for.

She said "You can't spend the rest of your life trapped in a little bubble. Anything that you can do to find love will help you"

"Why are you wasting this life? Why are you wasting your life? Why are you wasting this life we have?"

"Dance, dance, dance”, she said, ” dance, dance, dance"

(X4)