New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

Firstly I didn't like the song. Too electro. Like Mary said - DJ don't care who feat.Some singer.

But the more I listen to it, the more I sink. It grabs me.

I remember, Mika once said about such ability of his songs. It softly and creepy gets you. But it is my first case when I came from dislike to like. Usually I like his songs hugely at once, or just simply like (as it was with KA - I was obsessed from the first note).

The only BUT: no Mikaish. His voice is more like ordinary.

Edited by Dreamy_Queen

I was in front of the radio studio this morning, here the photos :wink2: There is nothing extraordinary but... ;)

p1080015.jpg

p1080016.jpg

p1080017.jpg

p1080018.jpg

Mika was adorable, as always, very smiling. He looks good, he's very tanned !

He recognized us, spoke a little and even suggested taking photos :wub2: And he was glad when i said that i love the new song :teehee:

thank you so much :mf_lustslow::wub2:

After listening it for 12 hrs non stop i can say i like the damn song...

Maybe after another 12 hrs i'll be loving it...

And maybe just maybe in 15 days i can listen to it live....:naughty:

I'm kind of new here and I started listening to mika this year at school... The song is great, I love the fact that it's in French (I love and speak French) and it's catchy as almost every mika song... Can't wait to start listening to it nonstop :biggrin2:

Although I can't speak even read in French, I enjoy the music.

it's a proof for me that the song is going to be the next hit.

Anyway, after read the translation who is 'elle' ?

I think 'elle' in his song is rules in society :teehee:

Firstly I didn't like the song. Too electro. Like Mary said - DJ don't care who feat.Some singer.

I remember, Mika once said about such ability of his songs. It softly and creepy gets you. But it is my first case when I came from dislike to like. Usually I like his songs hugely at once, or just simply like (as it was with KA - I was obsessed from the first note).

For me it's the opposite, the more I listen, the less I find it Mika-ish. But it's possible that I've listened to it too many times today! :teehee:

Maybe it will end up being like Rain, I only started liking it FOR REAL after I've listened to it live. :wink2: Or maybe I'll keep my opinion, and put Elle Me Dit in the "do not listen more than once a day" bag. :naughty:

I'm still waiting to hear the live version so I can make up my mind, but for now...meh... :naughty:

Anyway, it's catchy enough to be a big hit in France, I have no doubt about that! :thumb_yello:

(and no, the problem for me has nothing to do with the language! Mika singing in french is always a nice thing to hear! :wub2:)

Here's a cover Stella found on Youtube... Look how beautiful the song is only with piano:

[YOUTUBE]YzFEOhJe9Bc[/YOUTUBE]

:wub2:

BTW, I've noticed that the vid doesn't work here, so please click to watch it on Youtube... ;)

Edited by Fran

Here's a cover Stella found on Youtube... Look how beautiful the song is only with piano:

BTW, I've noticed that the vid doesn't work here, so please click to watch it on Youtube... ;)

Wow great Fran :huglove: I loved it :mf_lustslow:

Big thanks everyone for sharing the news about this fantastic song :flowers2:

I can totally see/ imagine Mika dancing on stage while singing #EMD!

:mf_lustslow:

Wow, we needed more than 60 pages to find the first MFCer who called the song EMD :aah: :aah:

I didn´t like the song at the beginning, but as all Mika uses to do, it´s catchy and though it´s not my cup of tea, I think people (I mean, no Mika fans) can love it.

The piano version IMO is way better than the original, without all those electro sounds distorting Mika´s voice and stuff...

I was one of the people who was disappointed with him doing this, it´s not cause it´s in french, it´s cause it was only released in France, in french radio stations. I know he wants to promote his Compiegne gig, but.... don´t you think that at this time all the tickets are already sold?? I´m not sure about this sort of "promotion". People from all the world are loving the song, and I really "expect" he is singing it at festivals, so he should have sent some samples of this song to every country he is performing this summer... unless he is not singing it out of France... :mf_rosetinted: which means that many people is going to festivals waiting for some new songs, and he is going to disappoint us :mf_rosetinted:

All the people I made listen to the song said the same "it sounds me as if I listened to it before".

yes :wub2: I said that I love his new song, he gave me a BIG smile and said something like "oh thank you, i'm glad" :blush-anim-cl: Then someone told him that we all will be in Compiègne, so he said that they prepared something different, very great, and that will be very nice, and so he "see you there" :biggrin2:

A girl talk about the paleo and he "is happy to do it" ^^

Thats so cool Nanouch:wub2: and thanks for the pics as well

Just makes me want to dance :roftl: ... So exited for Compiegne : Hope we'll hear it in live, it should definitely rocks our socks !!!:mf_rosetinted:

I think he said in one of the interviews yesterday that he'll play it in Compiegne.

Thats such a great find, makes me want to go and play the piano right now!!!

t4p Fran :flowers2:

in several threads dedicated to his interviews in France yesterday, there are translations of the same interviews where he explains how and why he wrote and released the song in French, and also who 'elle' is, and he confirmed that he will be singing this song and a couple of other songs from TOOL on this summer's tour :wink2:

in several threads dedicated to his interviews in France yesterday, there are translations of the same interviews where he explains how and why he wrote and released the song in French, and also who 'elle' is, and he confirmed that he will be singing this song and a couple of other songs from TOOL on this summer's tour :wink2:

You tease us, then give us no links. :aah:

Back to searching...

The same here. The problem with his " more like ordinary voice" is maybe cos he had to adjust singing to the beat which is more predictible than in his English songs.

That's why he didn't have many opportunities to show his great vocal potential here Imo.

If it sounded like that and not with Mika's voice made so strange I sure would love it.

And whoever is playing the piano is doing a hell of a job!:wub2:

Not many piano-players are banging like that on the keys, and not many has big skinny hands and an old classical pianos either!:teehee:

Here we go then - the explanation of the song.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3499133&postcount=4

Thank you!:wub2: I'm so out of the loop!

I made a video with lyrics on screen and translation in the video description -

I used the original version that will be probably on album, not that live one all over the youtube from the NRJ radio :thumb_yello:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmQoy-Z3sqA

"This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

I guess someone was working really fast to stop it!:blink: