TimeLapsus.ro presents: B'Estfest gallery

That's so cool to see!:thumb_yello:

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha. i loved his haircut. although not what suits him best. it's a cool change.

i hated the ring. maybe he was trying to fit in the Romanian trends he might have spotted around Bucharest:naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
:wub2:of course,they said nice things!The romanian media loves Mika!:thumb_yello:

the news about Mika at Bestfest were the same like these online videos

http://www.realitatea.net/concertul-lui-mika-principala-atractie-a-celei-de-a-doua-seri-a-b-estfest_849649.html

http://videonews.antena3.ro/action/viewvideo/811213/Interpretul-britanic-Mika-concert-la-Bestfest/

Reupload to YouTube :thumb_yello:

D/L links by Nicoleta. Thanks a lot as always !!! :huglove:

realitatea.net

[YOUTUBE]8p79yu60pf4[/YOUTUBE]

videonews

[YOUTUBE]7XXYgM3XB-I[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey everybody :bye:

in our Romanian thread, MFC-er krysady posted this link http://bogdananghelina.ro/mika-sau-cum-ne-aducem-aminte-sa-ne-bucuram/2011/07/

it's the blog of a 18 year-old boy who wrote about Mika's gig at B'estfest

here's a translation i tried to make (sorry for a bit of a personal touch :blush-anim-cl:)

MIKA...OR HOW TO REMEMBER PURE JOY

Maybe it’s the way we’ve been raised, surrounded by British/American brands, movies, music, but sometimes I get the feeling that the power of some words gets lost when translated. I would’ve loved to find the Romanian equivalent for the expression I would use to describe Mika’s concert at B’estfest, but I’ll have to stick to the English one “pure joy”.

To me, Mika’s music has always been a burst of energy, colour and feelings. His songs seem to be more like hymns and artistic beliefs then simple musical notes accompanied by some cool lyrics. With these thoughts and looking forward to it, I went to B’estfest, a festival I missed last year. Two years ago, B’estfest had offered me The Killers, one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

After more than an hour of exploring the territory – the fair, the pseudo-clubs, the shops so we could buy cool scarves to get warm – we settled in front of the wrong stage at first, but then we got to right one, pretty close to the front. Relax, Take It Easy was the first song and so the “madness” started. It was the artist’s first gig in the last six months because lately he has been in the studio recording his new album. That’s why, among the already known songs, he also sang a new one, in French, about a mother trying to convince her son to move out of the house. Unfortunately, I don’t remember its name, but the lyrics are tragic-comic and the rhythm is as expansive as always. Happy-Ending, very much waited Grace Kelly, Blue Eyes, Big Girl, Billy Brown, Lollipop, Love Today were some of the songs that made a joyful soundtrack for an almost perfect night.

I’ve watched the clips and looked at the pictures from the concert again and I relived the same emotions: lyrics talk about difficult situations, about people around us, with a contagious optimism, they tell the truth without being aggressive and without the “politically correct “ rigid trend. In an interview for the American magazine “Out”, Mika said: “there is a way of discussing sexuality without using labels.” There is a way to talk, to sing and to feel with optimism, with joy, with a certain attitude which we often forget. Mika’s music is therapeutic, cheerful and can be successfully “used” on Mondays, when you love, when you’re sad, when you want to remember what “pure joy’ means.

thanks krysady for finding and posting the link :thumb_yello:

And the reason is not that Mika was shirtless,right?:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Actually no. It was the first one in a long time and Mika looked relaxed and confident. He danced and moved differently. Don't ask me to explain this, I can't. It's just my impression, and I'm quite instinctive. And I could see Relax while the gig still lasted. It was awesome! The Romanian fans were really quick, so it was on youtube in no time. Which was also great. And the most beautiful gig pictures are from this one.

I'm so sorry I wasn't there! :tears: This gig was the closest to me, of all the gigs he did this summer. And I didn't have company to go. :no:

But I have to add I don't mind shirtless Mika, just for the record. :teehee::roftl:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I'm so sorry I wasn't there! :tears: This gig was the closest to me, of all the gigs he did this summer. And I didn't have company to go. :no:

But I have to add I don't mind shirtless Mika, just for the record. :teehee::roftl:

:blink:

I'd say Balaton was a wee bit closer :teehee: and you would have had company! :sneaky2: 2 BGs and a LG :P

:blink:

I'd say Balaton was a wee bit closer :teehee: and you would have had company! :sneaky2: 2 BGs and a LG :P

I couldn't go to Balaton. I had some obligations at that time. LG asked me to go with you. :wub2: But on July 2nd I was as free as a bird, but no one to keep me company. :aah:And if the gig was nearer, I would go alone. I don't mind, but to go to Romania alone. Even for Mika, it's too much. And...

Belgrade - Bucharest 455km;

Belgrade - Balaton 480 km :teehee:

Mine neither, but I was checking when i tried to plan my eventual trips. I even thought about going by car. And I drive a wreck. :aah:

You should have come,from my town - Bucharest 400km.And I'm sure you would find company :wink2:

hey everybody :bye:

in our Romanian thread, MFC-er krysady posted this link http://bogdananghelina.ro/mika-sau-cum-ne-aducem-aminte-sa-ne-bucuram/2011/07/

it's the blog of a 18 year-old boy who wrote about Mika's gig at B'estfest

here's a translation i tried to make (sorry for a bit of a personal touch :blush-anim-cl:)

MIKA...OR HOW TO REMEMBER PURE JOY

Maybe it’s the way we’ve been raised, surrounded by British/American brands, movies, music, but sometimes I get the feeling that the power of some words gets lost when translated. I would’ve loved to find the Romanian equivalent for the expression I would use to describe Mika’s concert at B’estfest, but I’ll have to stick to the English one “pure joy”.

To me, Mika’s music has always been a burst of energy, colour and feelings. His songs seem to be more like hymns and artistic beliefs then simple musical notes accompanied by some cool lyrics. With these thoughts and looking forward to it, I went to B’estfest, a festival I missed last year. Two years ago, B’estfest had offered me The Killers, one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

After more than an hour of exploring the territory – the fair, the pseudo-clubs, the shops so we could buy cool scarves to get warm – we settled in front of the wrong stage at first, but then we got to right one, pretty close to the front. Relax, Take It Easy was the first song and so the “madness” started. It was the artist’s first gig in the last six months because lately he has been in the studio recording his new album. That’s why, among the already known songs, he also sang a new one, in French, about a mother trying to convince her son to move out of the house. Unfortunately, I don’t remember its name, but the lyrics are tragic-comic and the rhythm is as expansive as always. Happy-Ending, very much waited Grace Kelly, Blue Eyes, Big Girl, Billy Brown, Lollipop, Love Today were some of the songs that made a joyful soundtrack for an almost perfect night.

I’ve watched the clips and looked at the pictures from the concert again and I relived the same emotions: lyrics talk about difficult situations, about people around us, with a contagious optimism, they tell the truth without being aggressive and without the “politically correct “ rigid trend. In an interview for the American magazine “Out”, Mika said: “there is a way of discussing sexuality without using labels.” There is a way to talk, to sing and to feel with optimism, with joy, with a certain attitude which we often forget. Mika’s music is therapeutic, cheerful and can be successfully “used” on Mondays, when you love, when you’re sad, when you want to remember what “pure joy’ means.

thanks krysady for finding and posting the link :thumb_yello:

thanks for the translation:thumb_yello:

I really like the way this writer expresses his feelings about music. Pure joy is a very accurate description of Mika's music and gigs:wub2:

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...