REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - MIKA @ B’estfest -Bucharest, Romania - 2 July 2011

Droopsy

Then we thanked him for coming out to see us, I hold his hand and said to him "Please come back to Romania, we love you so much"... "Next time when you'll come here please sing "I want you back" cover. He was a bit confused and I said "Michael Jackson's song" so he was like "Ohhhh... yeah".

He was so sweet and we were all shocked when he came out...

So, this is my photo with Mika:

dscn98612.jpg

lovely picture! and uum, to me, that part sounds romantic and cute!!:wub2:

(I gotta stop watching those 'House of mouse' episodes!:biggrin2:, yeah, I love disney!)

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you so much for sharing your special moments, everyone :wub2: I love reading these, about hearing his pure voice (:mf_lustslow:) meeting the band and everything!! He looks so good in the pics, and I absolutely LOVE the new version of Rain!

Thanks everyone for all the new reports, they are all really heartwarming to read!!

So! I got to Bucharest and met with Adda. Then I got to B'estfest with her..and...it was somewhere in the middle of nowhere, in a field, near a lake. We waited in front of the gates to get in at 12.00. After that, we said we weren't going to stick to the stage because Mika would be there only after 12 hours. Well... scratch that. We did walk around and had fun but we would check back often to see if there were any people in front of the stage. We met two other fans from Spain, LeiRe and Raquel (if i remember well). We saw the band do the soundcheck and I waved to iMMa and she waved back which at that point made me super happy. After that, as me and Adda were walking around the ...field we saw Martin, Cherisse, iMMa, Ben ...and... the guy from the keyboards (i don't know his name and i'm ashamed 'cause he's been such a great guy). I said hello to Martin and he was looking at some pictures on his camera and just mumbled hello. Then he looked up and said: Oh Hi there! having fun? and I told him yes and I'll see him later this evening. Then Imma said it was hot outside but honestly I wasn't feeling the temperature anymore. I told them (again) Can't wait to see you tonight and left. They waved and told me See you later. I didn't take a picture (facepalm!).

Then the other Romanian members from MFC started coming. At around 3pm we got ourselves in front of the stage to make sure we get the front row. We saw the other bands perform and I was only thrilled by Asian Dub Foundation. Then it was MIKA time. And we thought there weren't going to be many people as most of them seemed to come for ADF or other bands. But after ADF I noticed people aren't leaving...they just keep pushing in to the front rows and keep gathering. So I finally managed to sit down because my feet were killing me and I thought I heard..."do you want to get on stage with Mika and dance?" My first thought was..."No. I'm staying here to see the gig. But I got up to see who it was. And it was Yasmine. She asked me and I just got my bag and ran to the backstage. :naughty: I was hoping i'd be a lollipop girl. She came...looked at us... and said... I need BIG GIRLS!!! she couldn't find any...so me, and 2 other girls got to be Big Girls. Which was super cool because we got on stage twice. At Big Girl and Lollipop. We went backstage, shared the dressing room with Cherisse and iMMa. Then, on the hallway I saw Mika (eating a banana) and I said Hi. He greeted and told us to have fun on the stage. Then, after we were all dressed up it was that awkward moment when he was staring at us and we were staring at him but no one would say a word so i just jumped and said Wooooop! he started laughing, came to us and said that they didn't have the big heads for the BGs. And I said that's ok because i don't think i can dance with that thing on. Then he said...Yeah but you have to do something else if you don't have that... Because you get on stage at the second song and I need you need to get all the audience up and dancing (pfffss as if they weren't already). I need you to rock the stage and go wild there.

I said I could do that, no problem. And he said...oh well...we shall see.

And so I did :naughty:. Yasmine took us backstage and at BG we went on the stage and... well... I was dancing around and singing with iMMa then I turned and saw Mika coming my way. And all I was seeing were his eyes... and i realized i had no idea what he was singing, what lyrics...i tried to look at his lips and i just saw them move and couldn't make out a single word. So i shut my mouth and just danced and well.. he...did too. 264176_160664990669457_104022246333732_352453_3472257_n.jpg

260051_160667980669158_104022246333732_352520_3185521_n.jpg

After BG was done Yasmine let us go back outside and watch the gig. We came back before Lollipop when we got on stage again, and at the end... (beware this is going to be awkward!)*beginning of fangurl moment: he grabbed my hand and put it behind his back..and he was shirtless... :mf_lustslow: *end of fangurl moment.

Then after we changed Yasmine got the things which we wanted to get signed to Mika and after getting them back we left. The band was unbelievably nice and all were smiling and talking to us. Oh and iMMa had lovely socks with gingerbread girls :biggrin2:

I left and all the girls greeted me with huge hugs and congrats and I stayed a little after that, but left before the meet&greet as I thought there wasn't going to be one. I didn't care anyway... I had my meet&greet in the backstage and it was more than I could ever even dream of!

P.s: Yasmine is such a lovely lady! :wub2:

And I was pleasantly surprised to see Mika act so ...naturally. It was like talking to any other guy...and if I think well...I know random guys who are more smug and pretentious than he seemed to be. :biggrin2:

this is pretty much it... i had the time of my life and i never even dreamed of this.

This is the Lollipop video where we're all on stage and at the end we all take a bow with Mika.:teehee: I'm the 2nd one on his right

What a lovely report, I really enjoyed reading it:wub2: and totally agree with you about the bolded part.

Hey, I think it's me cause I'm one of the lucky girls who took picture with this gorgeous creature aka Mika. Sorry i'm late... I just saw your post. :)

We were waiting for him for one hour and half and finally he came out thanks to a nice bodyguard who told him we were there.

So, he came out and said to us it's gonna be hard to take pictures haha (he seemed to be very tired), that's why we didn't ask him for a group picture.

While he was signing our autographs, I asked him for a picture and he said "yeah"...

Then we thanked him for coming out to see us, I hold his hand and said to him "Please come back to Romania, we love you so much"... "Next time when you'll come here please sing "I want you back" cover. He was a bit confused and I said "Michael Jackson's song" so he was like "Ohhhh... yeah".

He was so sweet and we were all shocked when he came out...

So, this is my photo with Mika:

dscn98612.jpg

what a great pic!!!

adevarul.ro

Foto: Alex Bărbulescu

Mika a fost cap de afiş sâmbătă, la B’Estfest

1.jpg

scroll down and down

Mika sings Relax in the video at 2:05~2:41 36sec ! :boxed:

2011y07m05d_171014203.jpg

2011y07m05d_171021906.jpg

2011y07m05d_171036515.jpg

2011y07m05d_171041953.jpg

2011y07m05d_171211000.jpg

2011y07m05d_171231218.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your special moments, everyone :wub2: I love reading these, about hearing his pure voice (:mf_lustslow:) meeting the band and everything!! He looks so good in the pics, and I absolutely LOVE the new version of Rain!!

I'm totally agree with you :thumb_yello:

Your photos with MIKA are lovely :wub2:

I like how everyone has a different way of writing their reports. xD thanks for sharing :wub2:

@coolcat he IS old. :aah: ;D I think he looks older when he has short hair. The shorter his hair., the older he looks. (Y) :thumb_yello:

And i must mention our already "famous" Big Girl - Ruxi !She rocked the stage ,as everybody saw it!Congratulations ,sweetie!I'm pretty sure Mr.M liked your dance !

:excite:

Thank you!

:teehee: sorry i couldn't help myself.

But i had such a great time on stage, and enjoyed seeing the crowd go crazy that i begin to think i've picked the wrong career :aah:

from Facebook:

MIKA

Were you at Mika's show at B’estfest, Bucharest this past Saturday (2nd July)? If so, we want to see your photos from the show! Send your summer snaps to photos@mikasounds.com and we'll put the best ones in a gallery. We want to see what you’ve been up to at all the summer shows so get snapping and email them to us asap after each show. Don't forget to include the venue name in the subject line!

Well, I am definitely more than late with writing this sort of report but what can I say.. I'm still in awe. I won't try to sum up everything from the beginning of the day to the very end because it's been done a hundred times before so far, but I'll just resume myself to mentioning my very favourite parts of the show. :pinkbow:

It was quite a privilege for all of us from Romania to have him kind of opening his mini summer-tour here, because he had quite of a short gig history in our country. Also, I wasn't sure people will support him and come and sing along either. I was more than overwhelmed to see how excited everyone at the festival was, and how happiness was spread all over the place. The only song that people didn't really know about was probably "Elle me dit" which was premiered live for the first time here (I mean in a concert).

The most emotional part of the show for me was definitely the very end of "Happy Ending" when sang just by himself the last few lines of song. I assume he noticed that everyone else was singing along with him and beckoned the band to keep going with the song. He let us sing those lines all by ourselves for a couple good times and I swear you could've read the happiness and excitement on his face. I am completely sure that he didn't expect a country that he has visited only once before to sing along all by itself so many lyrics of his songs. It was truly beautiful :wub2:.

Here is the video, and 5:16-end is the part I was talking about before. I wish I could make a GIF thingie out of those couple seconds. Maybe I will figure out a way.

Also, I am so happy for my MFC girls who were on stage with him this weekend. I know how much they wanted this to happen, and being a lolly myself last year, I know how damn exciting it could be. I'm still sorry they didn't get their well-deserved picture taken with him, but all those memories they're acquired will never be taken away from them anyway. They were all beautiful on stage and as I said before, I just feel as happy as one can be for them!

Wells, this is all I feel like writing for now, but again, I am so very happy to have met my wonderful MFCers again this year, along with new ones! I hope Mika's upcoming tour (2012 I assume...) will bring him and his band in our country once again. It would be a pity for him not to come again, now people are slowly getting used to his music over here :aah:

Edited by Cherisse

Well, I am definitely more than late with writing this sort of report but what can I say.. I'm still in awe. I won't try to sum up everything from the beginning of the day to the very end because it's been done a hundred times before so far, but I'll just resume myself to mentioning my very favourite parts of the show. :pinkbow:

It was quite a privilege for all of us from Romania to have him kind of opening his mini summer-tour here, because he had quite of a short gig history in our country. Also, I wasn't sure people will support him and come and sing along either. I was more than overwhelmed to see how excited everyone at the festival was, and how happiness was spread all over the place. The only song that people didn't really know about was probably "Elle me dit" which was premiered live for the first time here (I mean in a concert).

The most emotional part of the show for me was definitely the very end of "Happy Ending" when sang just by himself the last few lines of song. I assume he noticed that everyone else was singing along with him and beckoned the band to keep going with the song. He let us sing those lines all by ourselves for a couple good times and I swear you could've read the happiness and excitement on his face. I am completely sure that he didn't expect a country that he has visited only once before to sing along all by itself so many lyrics of his songs. It was truly beautiful :wub2:.

Here is the video, and 5:16-end is the part I was talking about before. I wish I could make a GIF thingie out of those couple seconds. Maybe I will figure out a way.

Also, I am so happy for my MFC girls who were on stage with him this weekend. I know how much they wanted this to happen, and being a lolly myself last year, I know how damn exciting it could be. I'm still sorry they didn't get their well-deserved picture taken with him, but all those memories they're acquired will never be taken away from them anyway. They were all beautiful on stage and as I said before, I just feel as happy as one can be for them!

Wells, this is all I feel like writing for now, but again, I am so very happy to have met my wonderful MFCers again this year, along with new ones! I hope Mika's upcoming tour (2012 I assume...) will bring him and his band in our country once again. It would be a pity for him not to come again, now people are slowly getting used to his music over here :aah:

You forgot the link to the video...:teehee:

Flickr http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvcaBQa (the link has been posted arleady)

We can see the MFCers. :teehee:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6019/5902089273_c776bba500_b.jpg

:blush-anim-cl:indeed!

:sneaky2:DANIEL,WE WAIT YOUR AMAZING PICS,PRETTY PLEASE!

You can see him "in action" very well in this picture!:wink2:

:wub2:@Cherisse,thank you for your review!

:wub2:indeed,Happy Ending was the highlight of the show!you can see better in this video

edit:

from Facebook:

MIKA

Were you at Mika's show at B’estfest, Bucharest this past Saturday (2nd July)? If so, we want to see your photos from the show! Send your summer snaps to photos@mikasounds.com and we'll put the best ones in a gallery. We want to see what you’ve been up to at all the summer shows so get snapping and email them to us asap after each show. Don't forget to include the venue name in the subject line!

i hope our girls will send their beautiful pics!

aww,my sweetie,i'm so sorry for you!did you went at Mamaia too?

i'm not depressed at all,i think it's because of Mamaia Gig from last year (nothing can compare with it,sorry!)

Yeah, I was at Mamaia too and of course it was more than words, a unique concert. I'm feeling depressed because I want him back... :(

The other girl who took pic with him it's my friend. Thanks to her I have this wonderful picture how! :wub2:

lovely picture! and uum, to me, that part sounds romantic and cute!!:wub2:

It was a magical moment... and he was so cute holding my hand :wub2: oh boy it was real??

But i had such a great time on stage, and enjoyed seeing the crowd go crazy that i begin to think i've picked the wrong career :aah

You were amazing!! :)

Edited by Harajuku

thank you all for your kind words :)

i forgot to mention what nearly brought tears (happy tears) in my eyes.

when mika started the gig, i looked at Yasmine. The look on her face was priceless! She seemed so proud that he was her brother and so happy for him. i wish i could describe exactly that cute face. :wub2:

thank you all for your kind words :)

i forgot to mention what nearly brought tears (happy tears) in my eyes.

when mika started the gig, i looked at Yasmine. The look on her face was priceless! She seemed so proud that he was her brother and so happy for him. i wish i could describe exactly that cute face. :wub2:

I noticed that too, before Lollipop.. She was still so excited about the song, and she must have heard it a zillion times live.. I think she loves her brother more that we could imagine :wub2: