Mika @ Das Festival, 6 August 2011, Schaffhausen, Switzerland

Droopsy

oh! interesting to learn that he sang "Elle me dit" in english... I'm quite curious to hear it :teehee:

but honestly, I don't see the point of writing songs in french if it's to translate them in english afterwards :dunno:

:naughty: Quebec singers do it all the time! (some songs are annoying, some are good! :aah:)

English version comes out then followed with a bilingual version :naughty:

ex: You know the song JetLag (Simple Plan)? we have a bilingual version with Simple Plan & Marie-mai, a Quebec female singer :biggrin2:

lots lots LOTS of artist do that here :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@netina Netina

@rakpenguin63 Rose instead of a horse mask tonight Mika had a penguin mask. I thought you'd like to know that :)

And she said too he threw the mask to the crowd :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

:naughty: Quebec singers do it all the time! (some songs are annoying, some are good! :aah:)

English version comes out then followed with a bilingual version :naughty:

ex: You know the song JetLag (Simple Plan)? we have a bilingual version with Simple Plan & Marie-mai, a Quebec female singer :biggrin2:

lots lots LOTS of artist do that here :blush-anim-cl:

well, it's only my point of view of course, but that makes sense as there are several different spoken languages in Canada, just like there are 4 different here in Switzerland too (but I'm happy no swiss singer ever had the great idea of translating a french song into swiss-german or vice-versa :boxed::roftl::roftl:).

But I still can't see why he does it with this song and honestly I really hope he's not going to translate the "Karen" song too because it would change the entire "mood" of the song, if you see what I mean?

It's hard to explain and it really is a matter of personal feelings about a song but I would not like to hear "rain" translated in french either for instance :aah:

anyway, I'll probably change my mind when i'll hear this english version of "Elle me dit" :teehee::naughty:

well, it's only my point of view of course, but that makes sense as there are several different spoken languages in Canada, just like there are 4 different here in Switzerland too (but I'm happy no swiss singer ever had the great idea of translating a french song into swiss-german or vice-versa :boxed::roftl::roftl:).

But I still can't see why he does it with this song and honestly I really hope he's not going to translate the "Karen" song too because it would change the entire "mood" of the song, if you see what I mean?

It's hard to explain and it really is a matter of personal feelings about a song but I would not like to hear "rain" translated in french either for instance :aah:

anyway, I'll probably change my mind when i'll hear this english version of "Elle me dit" :teehee::naughty:

:naughty: i know what you mean... it's like watching an English movie translated in French.. it's never quite the same :aah:

:naughty: i know what you mean... it's like watching an English movie translated in French.. it's never quite the same :aah:

exactly :naughty: when you see how a movie called "My girl" becomes "L'été de mes 13 ans" once translated in french :blink:, it's difficult not to see how a translation can affect a song or a movie :teehee:

2...till now...and only here...:wink2:

Oh, I didn't hear him saying that...but I believe since it was a french story...

I'm very curious!!!! can't wait to hear that!!! (hmmmm not sure about the effect though cause I don't believe in translations that much....no offense but GK in french is a totally different song to me...)

sorry:doh: I was thinking about "Karen" when I was writing that...

you mean on the record? we don't know (do we?:wink2:) but Mika sang it in english on stage...

No, not necessarily, although it would be very good. I like it when someone of my familiar who are far from Mikamusic are asked me to share some of His songs. My friend liked Elle Me Dit ... But asked this on English. French is unpopular for an ordinary person. But now there's an English version of the song. I cling to every opportunity to make my friends could love his songs. Even if it are one or two songs. This is a little win too.

I was not in the new thread still. Not saw.

Archived