Mika @ Das Festival, 6 August 2011, Schaffhausen, Switzerland

Droopsy

Thanks for letting us know. I hate it when you're forced to buy their expensive stuff. They could as well let us bring a small bottle of water and we still would buy something else. This way I will try to bring in stuff without them noticing :shun:. Just because.

The weather forecast looks really bad: 13 to 22 degress, dark clouds, rain and thunderstorms. :aah:

Ah well, when the gig sucks you can always blame it on the weather:naughty:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah well, when the gig sucks you can always blame it on the weather:naughty:

pff, the gig will be awesome, even if it rain rain rains! :shun::naughty:

it really depends on the weather website you look on - wetter.com says rain the whole day, wetter.net says partly cloudy and 26 °C. :aah: i decide to believe in the 2nd one. :teehee:

pff, the gig will be awesome, even if it rain rain rains! :shun::naughty:

it really depends on the weather website you look on - wetter.com says rain the whole day, wetter.net says partly cloudy and 26 °C. :aah: i decide to believe in the 2nd one. :teehee:

Yeah that is what we thought in Porto:mf_rosetinted:

Have fun everybody!!! Stupid that we didn´t get the date earlier. So I can´t take the day off. :sneaky2:

Well, as he's filling in for Duran Duran who pulled out a few weeks back, we can't really blame him for the timing.

This is why I've tried to see Mika as much as possible while he's young. You gotta catch singers in their prime. It's just not the same 25 years later.

Of course 25 years into Mika's career I will be so :wheelchair: it won't matter :naughty:

Saw DD in April and Simon's voice is just perfect. He got laryngiritis and was told to rest to recover.

Saw DD in April and Simon's voice is just perfect. He got laryngiritis and was told to rest to recover.

George Michael still has a great voice too, but it's just not the same for me. There's an excitement and a vibe in the earlier days of an artist's career and I just don't feel it 25 years later.

That doesn't mean I can't enjoy a gig though. I just saw Peter Gabriel and it was an incredible show. But I'm sure very different to what he was doing in the 70s and early 80s (he had a full orchestra instead of a band). And I think appropriately so. There is something about old rockers I find really sad. Duran Duran is not quite there yet IMO but I don't think many people can pull it off once they get into their late 50s and 60s.

George Michael still has a great voice too, but it's just not the same for me. There's an excitement and a vibe in the earlier days of an artist's career and I just don't feel it 25 years later.

That doesn't mean I can't enjoy a gig though. I just saw Peter Gabriel and it was an incredible show. But I'm sure very different to what he was doing in the 70s and early 80s (he had a full orchestra instead of a band). And I think appropriately so. There is something about old rockers I find really sad. Duran Duran is not quite there yet IMO but I don't think many people can pull it off once they get into their late 50s and 60s.

Yeah, some don,t aged really good. Rod Stewart is one of them.

But it also depends on our perspective. And I will forever be 14 when watching a Duran show:wub2: BTW they're coming back this fall:biggrin2::biggrin2:

@netina Netina

@mikasounds thank you for tonight's gig, your shows have made this summer really special!!! Now can't wait for the new album/tour xxx

@mikasounds PS, the English version of Elle me Dit rocks, absolutely loved it :)

@netina Netina

@mikasounds thank you for tonight's gig, your shows have made this summer really special!!! Now can't wait for the new album/tour xxx

@mikasounds PS, the English version of Elle me Dit rocks, absolutely loved it :)

English version? :shocked::shocked:

Archived