REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - MIKA @ Benidorm Low Cost Festival, Spain July 22 2011

guylainem123

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all the pics and vids you have been posting

I've already arrived home after spend the last two days with Yolanda remembering how great was the concert. I'm going to do my report, if I repeat something that it has been already told, sorry in advance!!:teehee:

The queue was quite calm, one of the best I've done. Ok, maybe it was because we weren't there so early and that helps. At the entrance we had a problem, because they let us enter before it was allowed, so we ran as if we were going to be murdered and we got a great place on front row. But the organization made us to return to the queue because they shouldn't have open so early the doors. As everybody in the queue were known, we agreed to respect our places in the front row for not having problems later, but what a sorprise! when the doors were open again we went to our place in the front row and there were two persons in the place where yolanda and I were the first time...we couldn't believe it, we didn't know who they are but it was clear it was that they had jumped the line and they didn't wanted to admit it. Thanks good as yolanda said: The Karma made his funcion and we could be in the place we had.

In spite of this little incident, the bands, that were before Mika's gig ,were quite nice (ones better than others, Sidonie and Ok Go were quite entertaining for me) and Mika's concert was so great!!!

When I saw the stage of flowers I didn't like it to much (not because it is ugly (no way!) just the feeling that it was going to be the same) I was expecting the one with the paintings. But after the gig I think that I like much more the stage with flowers and he can repeat it us much as he wants :aah:.

His smile and the contact eye in the concert was great :mf_lustslow: in fact I don't know how I didn't start to levitate in my place :teehee::aah:.

As you said he spoke a lot in spanish, he even started Grace kelly with a translation to the spanish: "Quiero hablar contigo..." but if I remember right he continued with something like "I don't know what follows.." correct me if I'm wrong because I don't remember exactly what he said.

About Imma and Cherisse, I simplify with this :bow:, Martin as well was great, he stuck his tongue at me when Mika was in Imma's side and I was looking at him. Every concert I go I'm more impress of the band. About the new ones Marcus is nice but Ben seems quite shy or something and in comparison with Jimmy... JIMMY COME BACK!!

The M&G was fast but just in time otherwise we would have missed. Mama P was waiting in the van, there was the torch woman that kindly she was lighting what mika was signing. I had brought a CD to be signed, I had it in my hand in the M&G but when mika was closer I had a strange reaction and I took my mobile phone out of my pocket and I gave it to him :freak: so he signed that :blink:. Now I like it but i feel like a psycotic fan :boxed:

Sorry I didn't want to do it so long...and thanks if you have read it :blush-anim-cl:

Oh that's so cute :naughty:

Thanks for the report, i'm glad you had a good time. I think we've had a few fans who had him sign their mobile phone before, their only regret was that the writing come off after a while :blush-anim-cl:

Not for decoartion, to eat,a tupperware with pasta (macaroni) and cheese ready to eat. :mf_rosetinted:

:blink: ah bon.... ok, that's the first time i hear of that :naughty:

maybe the fan's macaroni & cheese is THE best & they wanted to share with Mika :dunno:

I could have loved to see his face :naughty:

Oh well, now I remember. He started Grace Kelly with "Quiero hablar contigo, la última vez que hablamos.... I FORGOT!!" :aah: :aah: So I guess he prepared this part before going on stage, but he forgot it :aah:

Oh well, and when he did that joke about "toro and torero", the left side (blame it on the boys) won, and he said: (in Spanish,of course) "Well, usually is the right side which wins, but this time, you are the bull, and it seems that the bull has smoke something tonight :mf_rosetinted:)

Mika´s jokes.... :aah:

Oh that's so cute :naughty:

Thanks for the report, i'm glad you had a good time. I think we've had a few fans who had him sign their mobile phone before, their only regret was that the writing come off after a while :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl: then I'll cover the mobile phone just in case :naughty:

Oh well, now I remember. He started Grace Kelly with "Quiero hablar contigo, la última vez que hablamos.... I FORGOT!!" :aah: :aah: So I guess he prepared this part before going on stage, but he forgot it :aah:

Oh well, and when he did that joke about "toro and torero", the left side (blame it on the boys) won, and he said: (in Spanish,of course) "Well, usually is the right side which wins, but this time, you are the bull, and it seems that the bull has smoke something tonight :mf_rosetinted:)

Yes!! that was it... I FORGOT!!!

It was better this way, I mean Mika style :teehee: at least he tried that's enough for me

Yeah, it's all fine till they put the barriers around us and squash us in. Then we lose our minds and start asking stupid things like "What if our tickets are fake because sandbag are a useless bucket of arse gravy and sent us the wrong ones?" or "WHAT IS THAT PERSON ON CRUTCHES DOING GOING INTO THE BOX OFFICE BEFORE WE'VE BEEN LET IN?!?!?!?!" etc etc.

But yeah we'll figure something out when he actually announces some news. Unless the third album is rrrrrrrrrrrrrubbish, in which case I don't think I'll be going to the tour.

(Read as: I'm totally seeing him as many times as I can on the next tour!)

Thought so. :naughty:

OMG,that's me,I was so tired and looked horrible and with red eyes

Sorry - I should have sorted the red eyes out before I posted it but I was too tired. You are now the background pic on my home and work computer. :roftl:

Great report Kath

The more I see that bolded bit, the more I wish I'd gone here instead of Compiegne

Love that pic btw

Thanks Rose. It was a good gig - very relaxed. But as Jazzy said, Belgium was good too. None of us can go to all of them and we don't have a crystal ball to know which are going to be great unfortunately. But I was really pleased that this was good as it was Vicky's only gig so I was so pleased for her.

front post has been updated :thumb_yello:

Thank you :thumb_yello:

After the gig Mika was so kind signed our CDs, books, etc.. and talk with us a little bit and I never will forget when I told him : I was in Oporto and I told you that I would be here and he answered me,yes I know I remember you :blush-anim-cl: I died.

And a curious thing Mika was surprised when a fan gave him a tupperware with macaroni :shocked: but it was fun to see his face!It was really amazing to share our feelings for Mika with all MFCers and enjoy the gig all together.

That's really great. :thumb_yello:

Yes, I was surprised by the tupperware too! I bet Mika was as well!

I took my mobile phone out of my pocket and I gave it to him :freak: so he signed that :blink:. Now I like it but i feel like a psycotic fan :boxed:

Imagine what it feels like to have his signature tattooed on your wrist! :blink::naughty:

OLA!!

what a great trip to party Benidorm!

I'm downloading pics now and going to do a brief write up in a mo- bet your'e all on the edge of your seats!

:naughty:

Yeah, it's nice just to chill out and relax with some booze and some mates. The Eden pub night was especially good - think there were about 18 of us, just swapping chairs all evening to chat to each other. Mega lovely and definitely something that needs doing again. Though maybe a bit closer to home than Cornwall. :aah:

Yeah!! Fab night of rose wine in the blazing sun - getting tattoo'd from a famous Ingie VV and chillin with fab peeps! One of da best

Here are the rest of the pictures hope you like them

http://s739.photobucket.com/albums/xx33/eveline71/

Thanks fab pics there

Oh well, now I remember. He started Grace Kelly with "Quiero hablar contigo, la última vez que hablamos.... I FORGOT!!" :aah: So I guess he prepared this part before going on stage, but he forgot it

Is that what he said! Thank you!!

I think some one was smoking something that night in the crowd tho - some aroma's came our way!!

:sneaky2:

OLA!!

what a great trip to party Benidorm!

I'm downloading pics now and going to do a brief write up in a mo- bet your'e all on the edge of your seats!:naughty:

I am, I am...................I want to know if you had a good time. :naughty:

As Kath has said this was my only gig this year as Mika managed to coincide most of his plans with my summer holidays!!:aah:

How did he know to avoid me so well!:sneaky2:

I was sorry not to be the Compiegne- Liege- Porto trio as so many great peeps were going – never worry I got this one!:biggrin2:

It is just as well really I could go as Kath was needing a tour manger – it’s hard work being famous and on more than one occasion I’d to ask if people could move aside while she had a break form all the questions! :naughty:

I must say that I was delighted to be returning to Spain after 4 days – I like the Spanish people very much and of course it is always great to meet more people when at a gig – ola Rosa and everyone Carlos and you all! Yes the Q was no hassles – no nonsense and everyone being –very---- well nice – no pushing or hassle of any sort just chilled. We arrived at a proper time – like 15 mins before the gates opened! Then we had a long wait once inside and in our front row spots!

We saw some good musicians – I esp liked Ok GO – other two bands were Spanish ( fair enuf!) so I didn’t understand too much!

As has been said it was the old flowers set and no paintings, wigs, fancy knickerbockers or tights – aww I was a bit sorry not to see this being set up but then I started to think – maybe raw Mika will be nice! ( It was) I would have liked to have seen that set but hey I wasn’t complaining – Mika was there suddenly ( well after 7 hrs standing at the barrier)

He came on quite quietly and then womph!

Relax - take it easy – I was so glad to see him – it’s been nearly a year!

He seemed very relaxed- happy and smiled a lot- spoke a lot of Spanish and seemed pleased to be there. There were no new ones apart form Elle Me Dit which I enjoyed dancing to and hearing live – always love Kick Ass – Rain and Touches You was great- forgot how much I liked it! This isn’t a perfect love ------ WAG is always so much better live and without the video too!!:teehee:

We were near Martin side rather than iMMa but we waved to her and she came over quite a bit which was great – love her interaction! Go iMMa! Martin was great too of course and Cherisse!!! Was interesting to see the new guys who were much more subdued and in the background than David or Jimmy were ( miss them!):shocked:

I loved Imma’s bull! The charging with her little horns was hilarious!! :roftl:

(Part 2 in a mo)

As Kath has said this was my only gig this year as Mika managed to coincide most of his plans with my summer holidays!!:aah:

How did he know to avoid me so well!:sneaky2:

I was sorry not to be the Compiegne- Liege- Porto trio as so many great peeps were going – never worry I got this one!:biggrin2:

It is just as well really I could go as Kath was needing a tour manger – it’s hard work being famous and on more than one occasion I’d to ask if people could move aside while she had a break form all the questions! :naughty:

I must say that I was delighted to be returning to Spain after 4 days – I like the Spanish people very much and of course it is always great to meet more people when at a gig – ola Rosa and everyone Carlos and you all! Yes the Q was no hassles – no nonsense and everyone being –very---- well nice – no pushing or hassle of any sort just chilled. We arrived at a proper time – like 15 mins before the gates opened! Then we had a long wait once inside and in our front row spots!

We saw some good musicians – I esp liked Ok GO – other two bands were Spanish ( fair enuf!) so I didn’t understand too much!

As has been said it was the old flowers set and no paintings, wigs, fancy knickerbockers or tights – aww I was a bit sorry not to see this being set up but then I started to think – maybe raw Mika will be nice! ( It was) I would have liked to have seen that set but hey I wasn’t complaining – Mika was there suddenly ( well after 7 hrs standing at the barrier)

He came on quite quietly and then womph!

Relax - take it easy – I was so glad to see him – it’s been nearly a year!

He seemed very relaxed- happy and smiled a lot- spoke a lot of Spanish and seemed pleased to be there. There were no new ones apart form Elle Me Dit which I enjoyed dancing to and hearing live – always love Kick Ass – Rain and Touches You was great- forgot how much I liked it! This isn’t a perfect love ------ WAG is always so much better live and without the video too!!:teehee:

We were near Martin side rather than iMMa but we waved to her and she came over quite a bit which was great – love her interaction! Go iMMa! Martin was great too of course and Cherisse!!! Was interesting to see the new guys who were much more subdued and in the background than David or Jimmy were ( miss them!):shocked:

I loved Imma’s bull! The charging with her little horns was hilarious!! :roftl:

(Part 2 in a mo)

Cheeky moo................maybe you could play with Mika and his Bull fighting flag.:naughty:

:roftl::roftl: ok then the my signature is quite soft!

do you tattooed it??

ah! we can see every pore and it seems he hurt himself shaving

Yes, I had it tattooed in 2009 :naughty:

Yes.................I have to say that I took these pics on zoom..............I wasn't really so in his face. :wink2:

Hi ,kath ... I'm the girl who was next to you in the festival and i only want to apoligize because i know i pushed you some times cause i have no space and people crashed with my back and pushed me forward .So sorry !

Hello :biggrin2: No, of course you couldn't help it....nobody can help it in that situation....and the nearer you are to the centre the worse it is. Did you enjoy the gig?