REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - MIKA @ Benidorm Low Cost Festival, Spain July 22 2011

guylainem123

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I care about your report, it's fantastic, thanks for your words!

I hope you and Sergio have spent a great time in our country.Kisses :wink2

Thank you! :wub2:

Yes, we had such wonderful days in Spain and Gibraltar (that I didn't know it belongs to UK :teehee:)! We arrive at Portugal still speaking a little bit of spanish! :roftl:

Great report missy! Glad everything went well, and that you had fun! :biggrin2

:huglove

:biggrin2:

I'm sorry for not been so connected to internet, but it's quite expensive if we don't find a wi-fi! :boxed:

I love the way this reads. You met some LOVELY people....................and Kath :roftl::naughty

I agree with a lot of your points here............and I love the Meet and mess name - I have been trying to think of a more relevant term then Meet and greet for a while! You are right about Mika being in a hypnotic state where he barely even looks at what he is signing or certainly at who he is signing it for. This is in total contrast to the 'relaxed' meet and greets (like in Belgium) which he really seems to enjoy. It all goes wrong when there is no (or poor) organisation. It just becomes a free for all and a rugby scrum. Everyone for themselves and you will always get those that will not move off when they have had their moment.

I, like you, gave up. As I did in Porto. I just held the camera above my head and pressed the button - I certainly couldn't see anything and didn't even try to speak to Mika. But then I had been lucky to be in Belgium where as I said, it was lovely. I don't have a need to speak to him everytime - but I don't like to see him being crowded. :shocked:

Thank you for your lovely detailed report. :thumb_yello:

It wasn't supposed to be interpretated like that! :tears: I wanted to distinguish the spanish people from you, a foreign person like me! I'm sorry! Blame it on my stupid english! :boxed:

In Porto I didn't wanted to give up so easily, I just did in the group pic! But when he signed my photo (like I said without even looking at it or at me) I went to the back, waiting for him to finish the signing thing, to take the group pic with us!

Till today, I think that I'm having the correct behavior, not pushing or being agressive when he appears, but probably some people who act like that, think they are right and they are laughing right now! :boxed:

And I'm glad I'm not the only person notice the zoombie hypnotic state that he usually have! The first time I saw it, I thought I was being neurotic or something! :aah:

It wasn't supposed to be interpretated like that! :tears: I wanted to distinguish the spanish people from you, a foreign person like me! I'm sorry! Blame it on my stupid english! :boxed:

And I'm glad I'm not the only person notice the zoombie hypnotic state that he usually have! The first time I saw it, I thought I was being neurotic or something! :aah:

I know....................I knew exactly what you meant :roftl:

No..................I have seen him like that lots of times. But I have also seen him compelety different - and generally speaking it is in the controlled situations that he is much more relaxed. Although there were no barriers involved in Belgium I have to say that people were very controlled and just waited for Mika to make his way round to everyone. I can think of numerous M&G's where the fans have been behind barriers and Mika has been able to move at his own pace and work his way down the line. He doesn't feel threatened in these situations (or at least I doubt that he does) and he is not zombie like then.

I know....................I knew exactly what you meant :roftl:

No..................I have seen him like that lots of times. But I have also seen him compelety different - and generally speaking it is in the controlled situations that he is much more relaxed. Although there were no barriers involved in Belgium I have to say that people were very controlled and just waited for Mika to make his way round to everyone. I can think of numerous M&G's where the fans have been behind barriers and Mika has been able to move at his own pace and work his way down the line. He doesn't feel threatened in these situations (or at least I doubt that he does) and he is not zombie like then.

For me, the first and scarier experience was in Brixton! But we were able to call his attention when we talked to him, so I didn't saw his hypnotic state! :roftl:

I wish both Porto and Benidorm would have been like Belgium! I saw Mellody's video, even before Porto's gig and I thought that was such a cool attitude, not only from Mika but from the fans! I think people should calm down. If he come out of his car and give us a little of attention because he wants to, that is a good sign and he isn't going to run away from us. People don't need to get stressed! It's his choice, he could perfectly go away to rest on his hotel, but he does that for us. I don't know if I'm making any sense! :teehee: I don't want more misunderstanding. :aah:

Lovely report, Liliana :thumb_yello:

When I've seen him after gigs, it's always worked better when there are barriers and he isn't mobbed. I think it's harder to arrange something like that at a festival :dunno:

But yes, he does seem to be on automatic pilot sometimes when he is signing - while carrying on chatting to someone else :naughty:

For me, the first and scarier experience was in Brixton! But we were able to call his attention when we talked to him, so I didn't saw his hypnotic state! :roftl:

I wish both Porto and Benidorm would have been like Belgium! I saw Mellody's video, even before Porto's gig and I thought that was such a cool attitude, not only from Mika but from the fans! I think people should calm down. If he come out of his car and give us a little of attention because he wants to, that is a good sign and he isn't going to run away from us. People don't need to get stressed! It's his choice, he could perfectly go away to rest on his hotel, but he does that for us. I don't know if I'm making any sense! :teehee: I don't want more misunderstanding. :aah:

Yes. I assume you mean Brixton on 28th - I wasn't there, I was just there on 26th.

Yes............and for the amount of people that were there both Porto and Bendidorm could have been like Belgium. I guess to a certain extent it depends on who is there. People have just got to be a bit more restrained. If everyone had crowded in at Belgium it could well have gone the same way and I doubt that Mika would have stayed as long as he did.

You are making perfect sense :thumb_yello:

Yes. I assume you mean Brixton on 28th - I wasn't there, I was just there on 26th.

Yes............and for the amount of people that were there both Porto and Bendidorm could have been like Belgium. I guess to a certain extent it depends on who is there. People have just got to be a bit more restrained. If everyone had crowded in at Belgium it could well have gone the same way and I doubt that Mika would have stayed as long as he did.

You are making perfect sense :thumb_yello:

I remember, in Porto, when the car stopped and Mika got out, me and Liliana were like "are we supposed to go there or...should we line up...?" :aah: and in a matter of seconds, he was surrounded.

Since I was in the middle of all that, I didn't notice how bad it was, only after watching the videos I could really understand it. Meet & mess, nothing more to add. :dunno:

As Liliana, I waited for my turn, got my pic signed (fortunately got him out of the "zombie state" because he looked at the pic and went like :blink: "this pic is cool!" and I said "yeah, it was taken at Sudoeste Fest. Oh and...it's me right there!" :aah:) and then gave room to other people. Didn't scream, didn't push, didn't touch him,so...

But it was kinda sad to see some people surrounding him over and over again, squealing "MIKA MIKA MIKA", touching him... :boxed:

Felt weird watching the videos, because it was the first time we had such a meeting with Mika, and I kept thinking "omg I hope he didn't think we are always like that! :aah:"

Anyway, it seems he needs John's touch in this stuff (or someone like John). Someone that comes out before him and says "you WILL line up and keep calm or Mika WON'T sign anything". I guess we need a couple of those situations, in order to remember that Mika doesn't owe us this kind of things, it's just something he likes to give us. But we need to give something back too. :dunno:

I remember, in Porto, when the car stopped and Mika got out, me and Liliana were like "are we supposed to go there or...should we line up...?" :aah: and in a matter of seconds, he was surrounded.

Since I was in the middle of all that, I didn't notice how bad it was, only after watching the videos I could really understand it. Meet & mess, nothing more to add. :dunno:

As Liliana, I waited for my turn, got my pic signed (fortunately got him out of the "zombie state" because he looked at the pic and went like :blink: "this pic is cool!" and I said "yeah, it was taken at Sudoeste Fest. Oh and...it's me right there!" :aah:) and then gave room to other people. Didn't scream, didn't push, didn't touch him,so...

But it was kinda sad to see some people surrounding him over and over again, squealing "MIKA MIKA MIKA", touching him... :boxed:

Felt weird watching the videos, because it was the first time we had such a meeting with Mika, and I kept thinking "omg I hope he didn't think we are always like that! :aah:"

Anyway, it seems he needs John's touch in this stuff (or someone like John). Someone that comes out before him and says "you WILL line up and keep calm or Mika WON'T sign anything". I guess we need a couple of those situations, in order to remember that Mika doesn't owe us this kind of things, it's just something he likes to give us. But we need to give something back too. :dunno:

I´m pretty sure this is the worst part. WHY DO PEOPLE NEED TO TOUCH HIM??:boxed:

I agree totally.

With everything.

Are you reading my mind?:shocked:

:naughty:

Lovely report, Liliana :thumb_yello

When I've seen him after gigs, it's always worked better when there are barriers and he isn't mobbed. I think it's harder to arrange something like that at a festival :dunno

But yes, he does seem to be on automatic pilot sometimes when he is signing - while carrying on chatting to someone else :naughty

Thanks Silver! :)

I don't think we need barriers! People just need to know how to behave! Is it so complicated? In Belgium, as far as I saw in the video there were no barriers! Here in Portugal I followed so many bands and never needed a barrier or a security to tell me how to behave! I followed a band that unfortunately ended a few months ago and people who usually went to the shows became like family. We were with the band when it was possible, we had to understood they needed their time and space. Believe me...more people in Portugal knew this band than they know Mika and I never saw fans having this kind of behave! :blink: I'm not saying that we are like saints, for example, teenage bands are used to have these kind of fans and this craziness around them!

But with Mika, it's like people feel they have to scream to the world and specially to Mika that they are there, they did more concerts than other fans, they travel to far away countries, bla bla bla! It's all about the competition! At least is what I'm seeing and hearing each time I go to a Mika's gig! It's sad!:boxed:

You are making perfect sense :thumb_yello

Yes! Brixton 26th he immediatly jumped into his car! Smart boy! :roftl:

Like you, I doubt he would be so relaxed, chatting with everyone! You guys were really lucky!:thumb_yello:

I remember, in Porto, when the car stopped and Mika got out, me and Liliana were like "are we supposed to go there or...should we line up...?" :aah and in a matter of seconds, he was surrounded.

Since I was in the middle of all that, I didn't notice how bad it was, only after watching the videos I could really understand it. Meet & mess, nothing more to add. :dunno

As Liliana, I waited for my turn, got my pic signed (fortunately got him out of the "zombie state" because he looked at the pic and went like :blink: "this pic is cool!" and I said "yeah, it was taken at Sudoeste Fest. Oh and...it's me right there!" :aah) and then gave room to other people. Didn't scream, didn't push, didn't touch him,so...

In the first seconds I was having doubts if it was him! :roftl:

I´m pretty sure this is the worst part. WHY DO PEOPLE NEED TO TOUCH HIM??:boxed:

I don't know! There's only one man that I want to touch and he's enough for me! :mf_rosetinted:

I guess to a certain extent it depends on who is there.

:naughty:

I dunno why but i saw people endlessly touching his shirt label and saying he had the the shirt on the wrong side, incusively touching his shoulder to call out his attention to the fact, while he was talking to someone else...:blink:

To make sure it's really him???:dunno:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It didn't hurt whilst he was holding my arm writing it............it was very nice. :naughty:

Having the tattoo hurt a little.....but it didn't take very long.

mika holding your arm... :fangurl: did he draw the heart as well?

Thanks Silver! :)

I don't think we need barriers! People just need to know how to behave!

Liliana nice report :thumb_yello:

Nothing to add but I'm agree with the Meet and Mess, it's a shame that those meetings went like that... and that's the problem people doesn't know how to behave. Maybe the barriers could help but if the people still screaming I guess it will be the same and Mika will put his hypnotic mode on.

In those moments, I would like to have a magic wand to put everyone in a line and in silent :hunter::mf_rosetinted:

As well it isn't so valuable (I'm measuring the value from my fan point of view:aah:, in the case that an autograph would have some value) to have an autograph of Mika when he is signing everything that he finds on his way "hypnotic mode" on. Than If he is paying attention to you or he seems to be relaxed and happy.

P.S. mmmm maybe that wasn't "nothing to add" :aah: