REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - MIKA @ Benidorm Low Cost Festival, Spain July 22 2011

guylainem123

Yeah, feels like a family reunion when we all get together. Except one where you actually like the people there. :aah:

We should organise a pub dinner during the UK tour, on one of his nights off. It'd be nice for us all to hang out somewhere warm without any 'will we get front row?!?!?!' stress.

:roftl: Indeed.

Yes, it is always good to meet up without gig stress. Not that I actually feel gig stress these days but I know what you mean.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl: Indeed.

Yes, it is always good to meet up without gig stress. Not that I actually feel gig stress these days but I know what you mean.

Yeah, it's all fine till they put the barriers around us and squash us in. Then we lose our minds and start asking stupid things like "What if our tickets are fake because sandbag are a useless bucket of arse gravy and sent us the wrong ones?" or "WHAT IS THAT PERSON ON CRUTCHES DOING GOING INTO THE BOX OFFICE BEFORE WE'VE BEEN LET IN?!?!?!?!" etc etc.

But yeah we'll figure something out when he actually announces some news. Unless the third album is rrrrrrrrrrrrrubbish, in which case I don't think I'll be going to the tour.

(Read as: I'm totally seeing him as many times as I can on the next tour!)

I really enjoyed this gig. I have to say that standing about eight hours in front of a stage listening to people that I don't really want to listen to isn't really my idea of fun. However, being the mad person that I am, I did it and it was worth it. :mf_rosetinted:

I enjoyed the gig. Mika seemed very relaxed and seemed to be really enjoying himself. TBH it was nice to see him and the band in normal clothes again without all the silly wigs etc. ( I thought it was fine in Compiegne but must admit that I thought it seemed very out of place elsewhere).

The security guards were a pain as Rosa siad. it is a long time since I had encountered such over zealousness.

Having not seen Mika in Spain before I hadn't seen the whole Bull Fighting thing but I agree that if he does that everytime it must be getting a bit 'oldhat' now.

It was great to see him do Touches You again. It wasn't until Vicky mentioned Dr John yesterday that I realised that he hadn't done it. I knew he wouldn't do Karen and suspected he wouldn't do BITOW so no surprises really.

It was great to be on the front row and the eye contact was amazing :mf_lustslow:

Not too long a wait afterwards but no organization again meant that it was a bit of a push and shove job - but not as bad as Porto. Love your vid Rosa.

As ever, it was lovely to meet MFCers -and other Mika fans...loved Carlos!

148.jpg

OMG,that's me,I was so tired and looked horrible and with red eyes :shocked:

I really enjoyed this gig. I have to say that standing about eight hours in front of a stage listening to people that I don't really want to listen to isn't really my idea of fun. However, being the mad person that I am, I did it and it was worth it. :mf_rosetinted:

I enjoyed the gig. Mika seemed very relaxed and seemed to be really enjoying himself. TBH it was nice to see him and the band in normal clothes again without all the silly wigs etc. ( I thought it was fine in Compiegne but must admit that I thought it seemed very out of place elsewhere).

The security guards were a pain as Rosa siad. it is a long time since I had encountered such over zealousness.

Having not seen Mika in Spain before I hadn't seen the whole Bull Fighting thing but I agree that if he does that everytime it must be getting a bit 'oldhat' now.

It was great to see him do Touches You again. It wasn't until Vicky mentioned Dr John yesterday that I realised that he hadn't done it. I knew he wouldn't do Karen and suspected he wouldn't do BITOW so no surprises really.

It was great to be on the front row and the eye contact was amazing :mf_lustslow:

Not too long a wait afterwards but no organization again meant that it was a bit of a push and shove job - but not as bad as Porto. Love your vid Rosa.

As ever, it was lovely to meet MFCers -and other Mika fans...loved Carlos!

148.jpg

Great report Kath:thumb_yello:

The more I see that bolded bit, the more I wish I'd gone here instead of Compiegne:emot-sad:

Love that pic btw:wub2:

Great report Kath:thumb_yello:

The more I see that bolded bit, the more I wish I'd gone here instead of Compiegne:emot-sad:

Love that pic btw:wub2:

Think of Belgium! That was mega!

A little bit later but this is my report.

I traveled to Benidorm with my daughter, 5 hours by car from Barcelona, we arrived at 11 am to Benidorm and at 2 pm we arrived at the venue.

There we met some spanish MFCers that I knew already and also I could know others Mika fans, I was excited to know Mika fans from other parts of Spain.

I shared a lot of things with them,it's like a big family.:group_hug: I feel happy when I'm with them.

About the organization I prefer not to talk about it but in three words, I didn't like.

The gig was amazing as always, Mika looked so happy and smiling all the time,he enjoyed a lot with the public,he spoke all the time in a perfect spanish and I'm very grateful for his effort.Mika was a good "torero". I have to say that I was on the front row and could see many times the eye contact with all of us ,wonderful :wub2:

All of us enjoyed the gig, we jumped and sang like crazy :insane: I missed Karen but he sang Elle me dit and it sounds really good alive.

After the gig Mika was so kind signed our CDs, books, etc.. and talk with us a little bit and I never will forget when I told him : I was in Oporto and I told you that I would be here and he answered me,yes I know I remember you :blush-anim-cl: I died.

And a curious thing Mika was surprised when a fan gave him a tupperware with macaroni :shocked: but it was fun to see his face!

It was really amazing to share our feelings for Mika with all MFCers and enjoy the gig all together.

We should organise a pub dinner during the UK tour, on one of his nights off. It'd be nice for us all to hang out somewhere warm without any 'will we get front row?!?!?!' stress.

Yes I always enjoy that so much more than at the gigs. :aah: Aside from the usual stress I have jetlag and don't get enough sleep so some days I can barely talk to people in the queue because I'm so out of it :huh:

And a curious thing Mika was surprised when a fan gave him a tupperware with macaroni :shocked: but it was fun to see his face!

Oh wow :lmfao:

Yes I always enjoy that so much more than at the gigs. :aah: Aside from the usual stress I have jetlag and don't get enough sleep so some days I can barely talk to people in the queue because I'm so out of it :huh:

Yeah, it's nice just to chill out and relax with some booze and some mates. The Eden pub night was especially good - think there were about 18 of us, just swapping chairs all evening to chat to each other. Mega lovely and definitely something that needs doing again. Though maybe a bit closer to home than Cornwall. :aah:

Yeah, it's nice just to chill out and relax with some booze and some mates. The Eden pub night was especially good - think there were about 18 of us, just swapping chairs all evening to chat to each other. Mega lovely and definitely something that needs doing again. Though maybe a bit closer to home than Cornwall. :aah:

Cornwall is closer to my home. Just another couple of thousand miles and you'll practically be in my backyard! :naughty:

:blink: macaroni? :naughty: was there a meaning? was it something to eat or a decoration made of macaroni? :blush-anim-cl:

:blink: macaroni? :naughty: was there a meaning? was it something to eat or a decoration made of macaroni? :blush-anim-cl:

Not for decoartion, to eat,a tupperware with pasta (macaroni) and cheese ready to eat. :mf_rosetinted:

Not for decoartion, to eat,a tupperware with pasta (macaroni) and cheese ready to eat. :mf_rosetinted:

:blink:

...fork?

:lmfao:

Do people really think he's starving to death???:mf_rosetinted:

Well, he's not that big... :naughty:

I'd be more than happy to feed him up. :teehee:

:naughty:

:blink:

...fork?

:lmfao:

Well, he's not that big... :naughty:

Yep, what about some cuttlery????:biggrin2:

He's big enough not to be fed as if he was a baby...:mf_rosetinted:

Thank you for all the pics and vids you have been posting :wink2:

I've already arrived home after spend the last two days with Yolanda remembering how great was the concert. I'm going to do my report, if I repeat something that it has been already told, sorry in advance!!:teehee:

The queue was quite calm, one of the best I've done. Ok, maybe it was because we weren't there so early and that helps :naughty:. At the entrance we had a problem, because they let us enter before it was allowed, so we ran as if we were going to be murdered and we got a great place on front row. But the organization made us to return to the queue because they shouldn't have open so early the doors. As everybody in the queue were known, we agreed to respect our places in the front row for not having problems later, but what a sorprise! when the doors were open again we went to our place in the front row and there were two persons in the place where yolanda and I were the first time...we couldn't believe it, we didn't know who they are but it was clear it was that they had jumped the line and they didn't wanted to admit it. Thanks good as yolanda said: The Karma made his funcion and we could be in the place we had.

In spite of this little incident, the bands, that were before Mika's gig ,were quite nice (ones better than others, Sidonie and Ok Go were quite entertaining for me) and Mika's concert was so great!!!

When I saw the stage of flowers I didn't like it to much (not because it is ugly (no way!) just the feeling that it was going to be the same) I was expecting the one with the paintings. But after the gig I think that I like much more the stage with flowers and he can repeat it us much as he wants :aah:.

His smile and the contact eye in the concert was great :mf_lustslow: in fact I don't know how I didn't start to levitate in my place :teehee::aah:.

As you said he spoke a lot in spanish, he even started Grace kelly with a translation to the spanish: "Quiero hablar contigo..." but if I remember right he continued with something like "I don't know what follows.." correct me if I'm wrong because I don't remember exactly what he said.

About Imma and Cherisse, I simplify with this :bow:, Martin as well was great, he stuck his tongue at me when Mika was in Imma's side and I was looking at him. Every concert I go I'm more impress of the band. About the new ones Marcus is nice but Ben seems quite shy or something and in comparison with Jimmy... JIMMY COME BACK!!

The M&G was fast but just in time otherwise we would have missed. Mama P was waiting in the van, there was the torch woman that kindly she was lighting what mika was signing. I had brought a CD to be signed, I had it in my hand in the M&G but when mika was closer I had a strange reaction and I took my mobile phone out of my pocket and I gave it to him :freak: so he signed that :blink:. Now I like it but i feel like a psycotic fan :boxed:

Sorry I didn't want to do it so long...and thanks if you have read it :blush-anim-cl: