guylainem123

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI!!!!!!!!!

:aah:

Well, I´m still shocked... I´m not gonna say this was the best gig ever (though I feel that now) cause I´m still hyper...

It´s not Mika´s first time in Spain, but it´s the first time he speaks Spanish that much. He started "apologizing" (the gig started a bit late) cause he just arrived 25 minutes before (seriously? :aah:) and that only after 5 flights (:aah:sorry, but while we were queueing like at 6pm or so, we were told that Mika just arrived in Alicante and he took a taxi,I don´t know what to believe but press said he really arrived late and needed to cancel all the interviews).

He was all the time smiling... wait... did I say "smiling" nah.... he was LAUGHING!!!!! He really enjoyed this gig. I really needed something like this, cause I felt really disappointed in Porto.

Body guards were like a pain in our arses. And also in Mika´s arse. Mika realised they were avoiding us to record the gig :sneaky2: (I could record a couple of songs tho tongue.gif) and when a girl jumped into her boyfriend shoulders to wave Mika (and the b-guards ran to tell her to go down) Mika laughed,pointed to the girl and encouraged her to do it again :aah: (bad Mika). Of course the girl did it again and b-guards were all :hair: while Mika was still laughing his ass off...

I don´t remember which song was the last, when he suddenly said "Buenas noches Benidorm!! (Good night Benidorm)" and left... Many people was like :blink:, though we were sure he was about to come back since he still hadn´t sung EMD or Lollipop (oh the wonders fo being a hardcore...). Of course he came back, and presented EMD as "this is a weird song, made in error, and it´s number one in France. And it´s in French!!"

Oh,I forgot. He divided the crowd in two, as always, and he played what he thinks is funny (about bull, and bullfighter) and people "hates" a bit... We enjoy Mika, we know him, and we are sure that he doesn´t mean he likes our stupid tradition, but as happened in Vigo, people was a bit "distrustful" cause young people ARE against this tradition... anyway, he played the "toro and toreador" game (no matter how many times we say it´s not "toreador" but "torero", he always says the same) and killed his band as if there were bulls. BTW, Marcus was a bit reluctant to play, and Mika needed to tell him twice to leave the piano.

iMMa was absolutely fantastic as always. Ben is IN MY OPINION too bore to be in Mika´s band. Sorry, but after seeing Jimmy many times, it´s how I feel. Mika tried to play with him, but he was... how to say... embarrassed? I don´t know,I´m not judging his skills as a bassist, I know he´s good, it´s just about his way of acting on stage...

I think it was the same setlist that in Porto, plus Touches You.

I know this report may sound "unestructured" but I´ve just slept 5 hours and I´m way too happy!!

This time I took pics and vids. Now I´m uploading the vid of the meet and greets. He was :swoon:

Ok,done. Bye!!

Aww, after Porto, I could have done with this too:emot-sad:

Not dissing Mikas performance, he rocked, but after the rain and general misery felt from Tindersticks (NOT their fault, wrong people for that line up), I didn't feel as elated as I did after Liege.

Did want to go to this one, having never been to Spain before, but all spent up after the other shows.

Should have done this instead of Compiegne, I think.

seen one of your M&G vids, and LOVE his stripey t shirt:wub2:

Aww, after Porto, I could have done with this too:emot-sad:

Not dissing Mikas performance, he rocked, but after the rain and general misery felt from Tindersticks (NOT their fault, wrong people for that line up), I didn't feel as elated as I did after Liege.

Did want to go to this one, having never been to Spain before, but all spent up after the other shows.

Should have done this instead of Compiegne, I think.

seen one of your M&G vids, and LOVE his stripey t shirt:wub2:

Everything is the Tindersticks fault:mf_rosetinted: Mika should write the song: Blame it on the Tindersticks while he's at it.:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah, the same as when he messed up lyrics again (don´t remember which song I think it was Kick Ass but I´m not sure) people were like "oh, he is wrong" us: "Mika wrong?? :shocked: NO WAY!! The lyrics ARE wrong,not Mika :shun:"

I think it was WAG,he began the song singing...I was a boy instead waking up in the midday sun... but we forget and forgiven all his mistakes! :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you Rosa. I hope you have more...

erm... no :aah:

I don´t use to make vids, but this time I started recording and I was about to record a couple of songs more, but suddenly bodyguards started to be a pain in our arses and didn´t allow us to record any song more.

erm... no :aah:

I don´t use to make vids, but this time I started recording and I was about to record a couple of songs more, but suddenly bodyguards started to be a pain in our arses and didn´t allow us to record any song more.

Oh...well...too bad...after all you had written about the gig I was reall eager to see videos...but yes, I read about bodyguards....

....but no touches you, no love today....did M sing the whole intro (LT) like in Oporto??

Thank you anyway:thumb_yello:

Oh...well...too bad...after all you had written about the gig I was reall eager to see videos...but yes, I read about bodyguards....

....but no touches you, no love today....did M sing the whole intro (LT) like in Oporto??

Thank you anyway:thumb_yello:

Yes he did Touches You and I really think that maybe they allowed people to take vids during the first 3 songs cause press were there too, and after that maybe the Festival recorded the show... :dunno: I can´t remember which were the three first songs :aah:

And about LT... the whole intro... erm... :dunno: He did that "Dadadidadidum" thing for a long time before starting to sing... you mean that? :aah:

Yes he did Touches You and I really think that maybe they allowed people to take vids during the first 3 songs cause press were there too, and after that maybe the Festival recorded the show... :dunno: I can´t remember which were the three first songs :aah:

And about LT... the whole intro... erm... :dunno: He did that "Dadadidadidum" thing for a long time before starting to sing... you mean that? :aah:

the first 3 songs? maybe Relax, big girl and stuck in the middle?:wink2:

the whole intro I mean "Hey girl (boy..) why can't you carry ooooonnn??!!!":roftl:

the "Dum dadaddadadidum" is not the whole intro to me:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

the whole intro I mean "Hey girl (boy..) why can't you carry ooooonnn??!!!":roftl:

I can´t remember :aah:

No......he didn' do that bit.

Hello everyone. Just read thread.....my bit coming up................

I really enjoyed this gig. I have to say that standing about eight hours in front of a stage listening to people that I don't really want to listen to isn't really my idea of fun. However, being the mad person that I am, I did it and it was worth it. :mf_rosetinted:

I enjoyed the gig. Mika seemed very relaxed and seemed to be really enjoying himself. TBH it was nice to see him and the band in normal clothes again without all the silly wigs etc. ( I thought it was fine in Compiegne but must admit that I thought it seemed very out of place elsewhere).

The security guards were a pain as Rosa siad. it is a long time since I had encountered such over zealousness.

Having not seen Mika in Spain before I hadn't seen the whole Bull Fighting thing but I agree that if he does that everytime it must be getting a bit 'oldhat' now.

It was great to see him do Touches You again. It wasn't until Vicky mentioned Dr John yesterday that I realised that he hadn't done it. I knew he wouldn't do Karen and suspected he wouldn't do BITOW so no surprises really.

It was great to be on the front row and the eye contact was amazing :mf_lustslow:

Not too long a wait afterwards but no organization again meant that it was a bit of a push and shove job - but not as bad as Porto. Love your vid Rosa.

As ever, it was lovely to meet MFCers -and other Mika fans...loved Carlos!

148.jpg

Aw, very sweet report Kath, so glad you had a good time. The UK tour can't come soon enough!

(And if the boy is lurking about reading gig reports because he blates has nothing better to do, sort your sh*t out and hurry the f*ck up!)

Aw, very sweet report Kath, so glad you had a good time. The UK tour can't come soon enough!

(And if the boy is lurking about reading gig reports because he blates has nothing better to do, sort your sh*t out and hurry the f*ck up!)

I second this!

Indeed. Can't wait for the next round of gigs :thumb_yello:

I have loved the last two weeks...and it was good to see you all again :huglove:

Yeah, feels like a family reunion when we all get together. Except one where you actually like the people there. :aah:

We should organise a pub dinner during the UK tour, on one of his nights off. It'd be nice for us all to hang out somewhere warm without any 'will we get front row?!?!?!' stress.