Trend #MIKA28TODAY For Mika's Birthday!

cisserz

Woah so no one from China can use Twitter anymore? :shocked: I did not know that. How come?

I could give you a hand, but what is it you're asking?

Yes,no one from China can use twitter.:sneaky2:And I just get an account when I trip in HongKong few days ago.Umm,and I tweeted MIKA last week,so I hope he can see my drawing.And hope someone can help me to say "Happy birthday" to him.:biggrin2:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what do you want us to say, but I've already make a draft with a message from you. I'll keep it in that folder till tomorrow! :wink2:

Wow,thanks.I just want to say"Happy birthday" to him and hope he can come to China soon!!!!!:biggrin2:

Guys I don't think the hashtag means it's spam. In fact, I'm almost certain that's not true. I've taken part in trendings of things with hashtags with Lady Gaga fans, and quite often they trend. Also, the first time we tried to trend something it had the hashtag and it trended, right? :aah:

From the link petra_ale kindly found;

1. The average number of tweets per day is 1.9 Million

2. The average number of unique twitter users per day is about 631,737

3. The average number of unique twitter users online per hour is 48,233

4. The average number of unique tweets per hour is 83,394 and unique tweets / minute is ~ 1350

5. Number of unique trending topics per day is ~8900 (these are for one specific day, but average over the last 7 days is in this range). Trending topic has a “shelf life” of 11 minutes, most though are less than 5 minutes. N.B. There are 10 top trending topics shown on Search.Twitter.com at any time.

And

How to make a trending topic on Twitter ? And how not to

Trending Topics is sort of a wrong name for the thing in my opinion. It should rather be “Most discussed hashtags” or “Active discussion topics” or something, that’s more sensible and meaningful. Trending is probably the second nature. Like the “most discussed topic, which is getting some traction globally” – makes things more clear isn’t it ? Unfortunately, Twitter thinks “Trending Topics” is a more cool name, and I have to agree. So, when does a hashtag become a trending topic, and when does it make it to the top ? What can one do to make a topic trend on Twitter ? Let’s find out.

1. You cannot trend a topic if you tweet more frequently.

This is tested and proved from my experience. Many people think that if you tweet more about a hashtag, like adding a hashtag to every tweet of yours, you can make that hashtag trend. Wrong. Hashtags depend to a certain level on frequency but that’s not all, they have to be diverse and collective. That means if you have five friends, and they add a hashtag to all of their tweets, its very unlikely that hashtag trends.

2. More than number of Tweets, its the number of people tweeting about a hashtag that matter.

That’s the most simple version of it. The most important factor for a hashtag (or topic) to trend depends on how many people are tweeting about it. And of course, the whole equation is relative to the number of people active on Twitter. But talking about things in perspective, its better to have 100 people tweet about a single hashtag less frequently, than 5 people tweeting the same hashtag more frequently to make it trend. The frequency becomes secondary nature here, but the volume or number of people tweeting is the primary focus.

3. More people, using the same hashtag, more frequently at a steady pace

That’s the formula if you are looking for one. Think about it, its natural is it not ? Let’s say we have an event like an Oscar night, and even without someone trying, its likely that more people from around the world tweet about it at the same time. That’s a natural trending topic. An artificial one (someone trying to game it) cannot possibly match the volume of a natural trending topic.

4. Size doesn’t matter but Time Zones does.

If you’re outside the U.S, you’d already know what I mean. Certain times are favourable for region specific natural trending topics. Let’s say an event that’s taking place in the U.S in the morning, will have a chance to trend naturally as more and more people start tweeting about it in the day time there. At the same time, its night/ dusk at other parts of the world, and it might not be wise to artificially trend a topic at that time, as naturality favours the U.S twitter users. Similarly, for an event that’s happening let’s say in India during the afternoon would have a good chance to trend, with less effort that at night (in India).

So, try and get some non-Mika fans to help! Also, just to repeat NO. SPAMMING.

because i don't have twitter, so i'll just put my words here:

HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! May you have successful career through all your life, rain of love come upon you from all of us every single day, I hope you'll have prosperous, joyful, healthy life, and you'll find your true love someday that can support and love you no matter who you are. A sincere thank you from the bottom of my heart goes to you, your talent, your personality, and the way you lived up your life.....you've inspired me since I found you Mika. You make my life even meaningful

LONG LIVE MIKA!!!!

Your #1 Indonesian fan: Vanessa

I thinking it would be cool if we all took a picture of ourselves doing something Mika-ish and send it to him through twitter! Like erm.... Holding up signs saying 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' or maybe a picture of us making a Mika cake...

Or just us dancing randomly. Or something... I dunno.

This is gonna be hard.

It depends on how many of us will be there at 5 PM... I for one don't think I'll be able to stay until then, but tweets sent in the meantime help a great deal if the rhythm is steady. There was a higher frequency at about 11AM GMT from what I've seen... like "20 new tweets" every couple of seconds. It's toned down a bit now :boxed:

What we need to do is, as Cisserz said, try not to put the hashtag in every single tweet of yours because there's a high chance Twitter might see it as spam :wink2: and try to gather more people instead (yes this is really hard :aah:)

Wow,thanks.I just want to say"Happy birthday" to him and hope he can come to China soon!!!!!:biggrin2:

..and here's what I put on Twitter for you. I hope I have fulfilled your expectations...

• ..and a special *Happy Birthday* to @mikasounds from @DongDong94 who can't be at twitter enjoying #MIKA28TODAY ;0) •

:dunno: if it was Ok..did not read the "come to China" before...otherwise I would have written that too! :huh:

Regards!

Archived