The "blood red sky" reminds me of descriptions from people who thought they were drowning, holding their breath and feeling they were about to explode. blood vessels in their eyes making the world look red - and then breaking through to the surface - into the bright blue sky.

So the person is already underwater (in love, but not daring to believe it) but suddenly realising they can breathe - let themselves go, and trust in the other person.

(I haven't explained that very well)

*sigh*

I agree :thumb_yello:

Unfortunately , I'm not sure the person in the song comes back from that drowning..."never return again" "disappear" "the world we leave behind" , now is it really drowning or drowning into love?

Of course, after that there's "put your lips on me and I can live underwater" , so there's hope in the song as well

Unless that is Lady Jane's lover who needs a kiss from her to be able to live underwater and thus say good bye to our earth?

I'm loving that song so much :wub2:

Mika has often double meanings to his lyrics

hmmmm ok...

when i hear a song, i don't associate them with colors. it never occured to me that some people do.

when i hear a song, i hear a story & i see images :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, I hear a story and see images too, of course. But I usually automatically connect songs with colors, too, so if someone asks what color a song is I have an answer, and songs&colors together makes sense to me.

For example, if Mika sings SITM using grey and black clothes and puts some grey and yellow background it fits well, because SITM is a "thinking" song, and grey, black and yellow is a smart combination. Also, if he puts red and blue psychedelic patterns on background during Love Today it's just perfect, because Love Today is a high-energy ecstasy song (and red is a high-energy color). But when he brought a red dragon on stage during Touches You I just couldn't see any connection :roftl: Same with Dr John coat... (I feel almost bad I didn't see any connection).

And Karen looked wonderful combined with the Marie Antoinette set, I really loved it. It's not that I need or want to see any concrete colors on stage, his songs create different images and colors (so his singing is enough), but when he is using sets they can match (or not, lol).

I just found this quote and I think maybe Mika used it as inspiration for this song:

“The religion of Love is a sea without a shore where the lovers drown without a sigh, without a cry.”

-Rumi

What do you think?:blink:

It's beautiful :wub2: Did Mika say in an interview ages ago that he is afraid of sea/ocean or do I remember wrong?? Is he afraid of love, too? :teehee:

Rapping? Why not? I like rap :wink2:

You never know with Da Boss :naughty:

Exactly! I wouldn't be surprised :wink2:

Yes, I hear a story and see images too, of course. But I usually automatically connect songs with colors, too, so if someone asks what color a song is I have an answer, and songs&colors together makes sense to me.

For example, if Mika sings SITM using grey and black clothes and puts some grey and yellow background it fits well, because SITM is a "thinking" song, and grey, black and yellow is a smart combination. Also, if he puts red and blue psychedelic patterns on background during Love Today it's just perfect, because Love Today is a high-energy ecstasy song (and red is a high-energy color). But when he brought a red dragon on stage during Touches You I just couldn't see any connection :roftl: Same with Dr John coat... (I feel almost bad I didn't see any connection).

And Karen looked wonderful combined with the Marie Antoinette set, I really loved it. It's not that I need or want to see any concrete colors on stage, his songs create different images and colors (so his singing is enough), but when he is using sets they can match (or not, lol).

It's beautiful :wub2: Did Mika say in an interview ages ago that he is afraid of sea/ocean or do I remember wrong?? Is he afraid of love, too? :teehee:

So, now Mika is not afraid anymore? Especially taking into account last year's Italy photos with a girl, and this year's swimming pics (with Ida and mum).

About SITM - I was like :shocked::shocked: reading your post!!! It's exactly what I see - the same mixture of colours! I also see yellow (more like golden), grey and black. Though I don't remember such background... (YT doesn't show background in smart way).

And touches you - I also can't find any connection with dragon colours :dunno:

Where did Mika say he was afraid of the water? I know he doesn't like to swim with fish :naughty:

I just found this quote and I think maybe Mika used it as inspiration for this song:

“The religion of Love is a sea without a shore where the lovers drown without a sigh, without a cry.”

-Rumi

What do you think?:blink:

I don't think he is drowning in the song, he is thriving. Drowning is not simply being submerged in water (or love in this metaphor), it means to suffocate from it.

hmmmm ok...

when i hear a song, i don't associate them with colors. it never occured to me that some people do.

when i hear a song, i hear a story & i see images :blush-anim-cl:

I think it is the same for people who claim to see colours since they merely talk about associating songs / lyrics with emotions and that makes them think of colours. :teehee:

People having synthesia for real associate colours with numbers and letters and not with emotions and rarely with concepts and also, there is no direct correlation between the type of colour they think of and the colour that particular concept is usually associated it with in normal circumstances. For example, there is no rational explanation about why a person with this ’condition’ would associate the number 11 with the color red but they do. Besides, they’d rarely agree 11 is the same colour for them as it is for another person.

It is simply a topic that enables everyone to join in, unlike a discussion about the actual music or the lyrics of the song. Maybe next time we can discuss what a song tastes or smells like, too. :teehee: It’s interesting.

*Mika reads this thread*

Mika: OH FFS!!! I JUST WROTE A SONG, NEVER EXPECTED THESE DEEP THOUGHTS!!!!! MY FANS ARE JUST CRAAAAAAAAAAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aah:

*starts re-reading the thread as she seems to have missed the 'deep thoughts'*

:naughty:

What terrifies him exactly? I mean obviously the water doesn't, he swims all the time. :rolls_eyes:

I could try to find the vid, but not sure if you could hear his exact words since they "insert" the translation over his voice... He was talking about ocean, and he said it terrified him, he felt like vomiting each time he looked at the ocean, and he was sure a shark would eat him :mf_rosetinted: Yes it was Mika himself who said it... let me find the vid...

People having synthesia for real associate colours with numbers and letters and not with emotions and rarely with concepts and also, there is no direct correlation between the type of colour they think of and the colour that particular concept is usually associated it with in normal circumstances.

You can associate colours with music though. I think music generates an emotional response in most people and perhaps people are associating this colour/sound perception to the emotion. Like if the music that sounds like a rapid descent is blue to you than you are going to associate blue with that rush (which could feel like freedom or elation or falling in love, for example).

But yes my musical/visual associations are far more literal. To me Stuck in the Middle is a white and black with some fake daisies. :naughty:

mika_5053399.jpg

Oh thanks Rosa. Interesting that he says he's convinced he's going to die in the water and then we have this song.

Either he is exaggerating A LOT when he says things like this or he must make a policy of facing his fears and anxieties head on because he seems to do things (swimming, driving, going to parties with Madonna :naughty:) whether it scares him or not.

Oh thanks Rosa. Interesting that he says he's convinced he's going to die in the water and then we have this song.

Either he is exaggerating A LOT when he says things like this or he must make a policy of facing his fears and anxieties head on because he seems to do things (swimming, driving, going to parties with Madonna :naughty:) whether it scares him or not.

Who? Mika? Our Mika???? :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

You can associate colours with music though. I think music generates an emotional response in most people and perhaps people are associating this colour/sound perception to the emotion.

yes, of course you can. However, music and lyrics generating emotional response that most people can associate with (more or less the same) colour is not some special condition only particular people have. Synthesia is completely different. In that condition association of colours with concepts / numbers is arbitrary and not related to emotions.

Edited by suzie