It's incredible! Strangely the intro reminded me a bit of Lady Jane, and then the song itself is so beautiful! When he sang that long-note-bit I was:mf_lustslow:

That first long-note-bit in Relax sends shivers down my spine, and now this long bit in Under Water.... Well, my spine does no longer exist!!!!! I'm just a heap of fangirl on the floor!!!!!!!:wub2:

I really, really love it -- can't stop listening to it, but try as I might, I just

can't be sure of those few lines of the lyrics. I'm pretty certain it's "you are the port of my call" but the line after that... :dunno: Driving me :insane:

Sounds like...you shelter me from the world.

And I can´t realise... :tears: Now I think I won´t like the new album, and I won´t go to more gigs, and I´ll lose all my friends here... :aah:

Aw we'll still love you :naughty:

I'm not sure what people mean by "soft". Another MFCer was saying on Twitter last night that it sounds anthemic which I agree with and isn't what I would describe as soft but perhaps you mean something else. I think it's very powerful but may be due in part to Mika's heartfelt performance and the wave of reaction in the audience in just the right places so I hope it is translated well in the studio production. The magic and delight of the first peformance of Toy Boy was not captured on the album but the song never had radio potential anyway. It would be a shame if this doesn't turn out as strong as his performance.

It's incredible! Strangely the intro reminded me a bit of Lady Jane, and then the song itself is so beautiful! When he sang that long-note-bit I was:mf_lustslow:

That first long-note-bit in Relax sends shivers down my spine, and now this long bit in Under Water.... Well, my spine does no longer exist!!!!! I'm just a heap of fangirl on the floor!!!!!!!:wub2:

You mean starting from 3.35??? :swoon:

I'm not sure what people mean by "soft". Another MFCer was saying on Twitter last night that it sounds anthemic which I agree with and isn't what I would describe as soft but perhaps you mean something else. I think it's very powerful but may be due in part to Mika's heartfelt performance and the wave of reaction in the audience in just the right places so I hope it is translated well in the studio production. The magic and delight of the first peformance of Toy Boy was not captured on the album but the song never had radio potential anyway. It would be a shame if this doesn't turn out as strong as his performance.

You always have a nice thing to say :naughty:

it's very possible that non of the songs (apart from EMD) will actually sound the same on the album. first time he played Rain on PDP it was soft too, but on the album it's very pop...

so far, I love all 4 of the new songs (omg, they're 4 already... just 8 more to go :naughty:), which is strange, since there's always at least one song I really dislike... :dunno: like Over My Shoulder, I really can't listen to it, it makes me want to jump out of the window :tears:

You needed my gig then. I truly hated OMS before watching it live. You seriously need to see him performing that song.

I'm not a big fan of Karen, so he can do with it everything he wants :naughty:

:sneaky2: I love Karen... at least it has rhythm :shun:

Sounds like...you shelter me from the world.

Aw we'll still love you :naughty:

Soft means... like a ballad... like... the kind of song you shouldn´t sing along with him in a gig... grrr hard to explain... not danceable...

I´m in denial with this song, but unlike I did with BIOTW (which I never downoladed or played again) I downloaded this one and will listen to it till I love it... it´s impossible that ALL OF YOU are wrong :aah: so, this must be a hit and I´m missing something. :roftl:

I've listened to UW like 6 or 7 times now. I love it, this is the real/old Mika:wub2: It makes me feel fuzzy inside:blush-anim-cl:

It has a bit of an Elton John-ring to it, and I love Elton's music! So that is goooood.

Doesn't the start of the song sound like the tune from Lazing on a sunny afternoon... for those old enough to recall that song:teehee:

Yes, you're right! It does.

Ha, not saying I'm right, but I'm working on it! :thumb_yello:

I need a video that has a close up of Mika's mouth, so we can SEE

the words more clearly. :naughty:

Don't lie missy, you just want a close-up of his face because he's sooo handsome:teehee:

been there, done that...listened to a new song and cried all my tears! :sneaky2:

it had been the same with 'How much do you love me' :wub2:

thank you Mika! :thumb_yello:

*runs to work*

I was never really fond on HMDYLM, don't know why. It didn't get me or something like that.

Soft means... like a ballad... like... the kind of song you shouldn´t sing along with him in a gig... grrr hard to explain... not danceable...

But it's not the kind of song you don't sing along to. The audience instinctively and without prompting started shouting out the lyrics to a song they had never heard before.

The piano intro reminds me a little bit Set Fire To The Rain by Adele, anyway I really :wub2: the new song, I just hope the album version will be less melodic!

MELLODIC!! Here Christine, this is the word I meant :aah:

I hope so too. It´s good to be at home, but not that good at performances... There are few songs which fit a show as Relax does. I want mellodic songs, of course, like 3 or 4... but also a hit like Relax,cause even if I´d never played it to "relax" it´s amazing when he jumps on stage with that song...

You always have a nice thing to say :naughty:

Well this just seems to happen a lot these days. Even with a huge hit song like Adele's there is this sort of third dimension to her performance that is lost on a 2 dimensional sounding record.

I have never been interested in him recording How Much Do You Love Me because the magic of that song was in his early performances (people were also exclaiming at the time that he must be in love), but it was lost over time and it became one of the weaker songs on the setlist.

I think Under Water is an inherently better song though.

MELLODIC!! Here Christine, this is the word I meant :aah:

I hope so too. It´s good to be at home, but not that good at performances... There are few songs which fit a show as Relax does. I want mellodic songs, of course, like 3 or 4... but also a hit like Relax,cause even if I´d never played it to "relax" it´s amazing when he jumps on stage with that song...

Well Elle Me Dit is as unmelodic as you can get. It has the rhythm of a rap song. Maybe we'll get something in the middle when the album comes out :naughty: I am sure he is saving the hit songs for last anyway which was why I was in no hurry to get to a gig in early July.

Well this just seems to happen a lot these days. Even with a huge hit song like Adele's there is this sort of third dimension to her performance that is lost on a 2 dimensional sounding record.

I have never been interested in him recording How Much Do You Love Me because the magic of that song was in his early performances (people were also exclaiming at the time that he must be in love), but it was lost over time and it became one of the weaker songs on the setlist.

I think Under Water is an inherently better song though.

I understand what you mean. You know, I saw How Much Do You Love Me only on YT, and was never impressed even a bit. It's maybe this live magic that you are talking about!

So, if UW is so powerful even in YT from the far row - it is really a great song! And this time I believe that Mika won't spoil it in the record :thumb_yello:

You needed my gig then. I truly hated OMS before watching it live. You seriously need to see him performing that song.

could be... :dunno:

I mean, I need to hear him perform a lot of songs live,actually... I've only been to one of his gigs, but i didn't get to enjoy the gig itself that much, so I attend to fix it next year when he goes on a new tour

Wow, guys. I knew that it was worth coming home in rush :) I can't explain how much I love this song. I'm impressed. *coming tears in my eyes*

The melody is amazing, and the way how Mika follows the music and the whole thing works together. *going and listening to it over and over again*

Edited by TimyBlanco