Maybe I've finally got the happy love song I've been hoping for!:wub2:

This is the kind of song that could be really interesting,it's melodic and it makes his voice do the good job it's meant to do, in contrast to EMD with its strange sounding noise!:teehee:

My apologises to you who love EMD!:wink2:

EMD is not a love song and I think the recording of it actually fits the song. The bits of 'noise' you mention make it sound silly and slightly idiotic but I think they actually support the lyrics really well. Of course not everyone may like it though. I didn't like it first, either, but only because of the silly sound. It is pretty catchy and when I heard the English version, it all made sense. Also, songs with 'deeper' meaning or sound are genuinely appreciated more, like this new song, Underwater. You are right about pointing out how it is actually helping him show his vocal capability. :wub2: I am not surprised at all that there is an almost unanimous :thumb_yello: for this one from fans.

Well, sometimes songs do grow on you, but you shouldn't feel badly if

you never like it -- that's how it goes sometimes. (Ask me about ERASE.

Or don't. Probably better that you don't. :wink2: )

Anyhow, don't force it -- if you don't like it, you don't. And we'll still

love you. :huglove:

I won´t ask about Erase... I´ll just say that lyrics are a bit "not-mikaish" at all, but I love the mellody :aah:

This is not funny girls, you know?? :shun: if all of you like the song there won´t be a nice discussion on here :shun: ............... unless the 49385798345789 MFCers here decide to discuss with me.... which won´t be too fair IMO :mf_rosetinted: I still think it has no rythm at all, and it´s boring when he says "under water" 3000 times at the end.

Don´t worry Mika, when even the old fans come here to agree, you still can have a bitch :mf_rosetinted: my pleasure :mf_rosetinted:

I won´t ask about Erase... I´ll just say that lyrics are a bit "not-mikaish" at all, but I love the mellody :aah:

This is not funny girls, you know?? :shun: if all of you like the song there won´t be a nice discussion on here :shun: ............... unless the 49385798345789 MFCers here decide to discuss with me.... which won´t be too fair IMO :mf_rosetinted: I still think it has no rythm at all, and it´s boring when he says "under water" 3000 times at the end.

Don´t worry Mika, when even the old fans come here to agree, you still can have a bitch :mf_rosetinted: my pleasure :mf_rosetinted:

... maybe wait till its on cd??

i dunno, but i dont think i can judge from hearing it live with 64564481 people screaming:roftl:

But he says it differently, and his voice is majestic!!!! As for me, I love this moment in the end, and can't wait to hear it in the album - I bet it will be astonishing!

every time I watch the vid this song grows in me more and more :wub2:

... maybe wait till its on cd??

i dunno, but i dont think i can judge from hearing it live with 64564481 people screaming:roftl:

good point!! :aah:

But he says it differently, and his voice is majestic!!!! As for me, I love this moment in the end, and can't wait to hear it in the album - I bet it will be astonishing!

every time I watch the vid this song grows in me more and more :wub2:

I promise I would love to say that... for me it´s just booooring :boxed:

Oh I just love this song!:wub2: It's everything I've been waiting for and more!

I am starting to like Karen and BIOTW and have really warmed to EMD but this has just knocked me for six! :wub2::wub2:

I now remember why I like Mika, I should never doubt him, he always comes up with the goods, can always be relied on to deliver!

I think it's just a matter of trusting him to know what's best! :wub2:And he does!

It's so endearing to watch him sing from a songsheet too. :wub2:

I am starting to like Karen and BIOTW and have really warmed to EMD but this has just knocked me for six! :wub2::wub2:

I now remember why I like Mika, I should never doubt him, he always comes up with the goods, can always be relied on to deliver!

I think it's just a matter of trusting him to know what's best! :wub2:And he does!

:shocked:

:floor:

I really like this song, and I want to ask something?

I am member of MFC for a year now and I don't know many thinks that happened here... Did Mika sang that much new songs on his gigs before BWKTM? I know he sand Rain, and Blue Eyes.... on some gigs, but did he shared that much new songs before? (I don't think on yt)

Wow, he must have really delivered a masterpiece:roftl:

OMG even my mum likes it :teehee:

And she has to be REALLY amazed by songs before she likes them :thumb_yello:

And Rosa, you're not a bitch because you don't like it :)

It's your own opinion, and you'll probably be blown away by the album :teehee:

I have confidence in Mika again :aah:

OMG even my mum likes it :teehee:

And she has to be REALLY amazed by songs before she likes them :thumb_yello:

And Rosa, you're not a bitch because you don't like it :)

It's your own opinion, and you'll probably be blown away by the album :teehee:

I have confidence in Mika again :aah:

I know I will... as long as he doesn´t record "underwater" 12 times in the album :mf_rosetinted:

No, seriously... I love Karen and I learnt to like EMD, so I´m sure the album will be ok. If he´s singing these songs now, it´s cause they are not going to be singles... I still think his f*cking off song will be amazing.

I know I will... as long as he doesn´t record "underwater" 12 times in the album :mf_rosetinted:

No, seriously... I love Karen and I learnt to like EMD, so I´m sure the album will be ok. If he´s singing these songs now, it´s cause they are not going to be singles... I still think his f*cking off song will be amazing.

Yes Rosa, you will come to realise, like me that he knows what he's doing! Trust him to do what's best for us! This album is going to be totally amazing! :wub2:

They will :thumb_yello: I know they will :thumb_yello:

He's Mika, remember :teehee:

Mika has lots of songs. No one has to love all of them or even try. :naughty:

I don't think there's anything wrong with knowing your own mind either and just going with that. What other people think of his songs has no impact on me at all. I live in a part of Canada where most people do not rate him as a popular (i.e. good) singer, so I wouldn't even be a fan if I was influenced by what everyone around me thinks :dunno:

We talk about language a lot but it's even more than that as there is a cultural bias, not just from where you live but what era you grew up in and what kind of music you've spent your life listening to.

I can't even really articulate why a line like "All I see just amazes" is a perfect lyric and "I adore you nothing more to say" is totally lame and makes me roll my eyes. It's not that one is more complex or one is grammatically incorrect or whatever. It's just what MY experience with the language and songs I've heard tells me and if you're not in my head you're not necessarily going to agree.

The other thing about this song is Mika sounds sincere. And insincerity is what puts me off of BIOTW more than the awkward poetry of the lyrics. It's not that I can't stomach romantic songs, but it doesn't feel romantic when Mika is faking it. It also seems like such a strain for him whereas Under Water is effortless, especially the lower/softer parts.

I am really impressed with this song because it sounds like such a departure from his other stuff IMO but a natural byproduct of growing up and not because he's trying to jump on some trend to cash in on a hit. It's also very direct without being perfectly literal, unlike HMDYLM which still had some sideline story about a boy and a girl that never made any sense to me. It made me wonder if "How much do you love me, how much do you care?" was a first person question or just another line in a story about some random people.