maybe that it is exclusivily his call?:dunno:

(Oh, sh**t, it is late, I cannot write proper English anymore....)

Still doesn't make sense.:dunno:

Neither does "fall to my feet" - you can have ""fall to my knees" or "fall at your feet" - or maybe we're not getting the lyrics right :naughty:

And what does "You are the port of my call" mean? "Port of call" is an accepted expression, but "the port of my call" is nonsense.

I've never heard of that expression in English before but I'll make a little guess:

The answer to my praying?

My destiny(of life)?

Maybe we should move to the language teaching thread?:biggrin2:

Not even me knows it... :aah: first 48574389 times I heard it it was too mellodic.. but 34857348975 after that, I find it... senseless... like... look at the lyrics, there are only like 7 different lines, the rest it´s on repeat mode... I´ve listened to it thousands of times and I still can´t sing it along. That´s why I´m freaking out, cause I can understand people fangurling over GK... but...

oh well, I give up... :aah:

Relax is no GK either and repeats "relax" and "scared" 48574389 times but it's still a good song that has held up for 5 years. A capella, acoustic, original, dance mix. He can do anything with it. I find that the haunting mood is conveyed in all versions and it's not just a random choice that he's still opening the show with it 95% of the time.

I don't think this is Grace Kelly or Toy Boy, but it's the best song I've heard from him in a long time. Kick Ass, EMD, etc. do not compare. Yes I'm only basing it on one performance and maybe, like HMDYLM it will not hold up in the long run. But that's what I believe at the moment.

And what does "You are the port of my call" mean? "Port of call" is an accepted expression, but "the port of my call" is nonsense.

Yeah something is definitely wrong there, maybe he's mixing up port in a storm and port of call. We need to figure out that other line :naughty:

Yeah something is definitely wrong there, maybe he's mixing up port in a storm and port of call. We need to figure out that other line :naughty:

This is one of the benefits of not being an native English speaker: Anything goes!:naughty:

The destiny one. Safe harbor/haven

Thanks!:thumb_yello:

He should dress up as a mermaid for the video.:naughty:

oh yeah:blush-anim-cl:

Good idea for sweet dreaming, thanks:wub2:

I will check out this thread tomorrow, to see if someone worked out more of the lyrics.

I also made a suggestion of what I thought I heard, see post 211.

Goodnight and sweetdreams to all:bye:

This is one of the benefits of not being an native English speaker: Anything goes!:naughty:

Anything goes in Mika's mind too it seems. :roftl: He may have just flubbed some lines (he did that with BIOTG at first if I recall) or we're just not hearing it right.

Exactly LOL!

Well, for me the most thing I love about it is his voice and the fact that I can 'clearly' hear it :wub2: and the way he performs it (which I feel the same about Karen too) and it has got a lovely melody.

Yeah, tomorrow :naughty:

While you're at it, please also remove those silly clothes off him? I'm really fed up with his Napoleon and Mozart outfits :roftl:

He should dress up as a mermaid for the video.

OMG please don't give him ideas :lmfao:

Then again, anything will be better than the current theme :dunno:

That just made me :lmfao:, Sienna. So funny.

Perhaps Mika needs to do the whole album in Swahili? That way, he can write whatever the heck he wants, and we won't pick any holes in it, and just :wub2::wub2::wub2: it endlessly :roftl:.

Anyway, I really do like this song so far. I know that we haven't heard the recorded version, and that he may change it, but so far I like it a lot. It feels honest, strong, and has a certain quality that I can't really describe but that I have not found in his other 'summer offerings'.

He also seems to be focusing on singing it properly, and I like the way it builds up. I think the start does seem to lack a bit of oomph, and I think that the backing vocals are way too loud and drown him a little, but overall I really like it :teehee:. Now all he needs to do is ditch the Mozart theme :rolleyes:

Edited by sariflor

I love the nice resolve when he sings the final "under waterrrr" and the music drops in to fill it. So Mika.

This is a song that's good live (love itttt!) but I think it will be many times more amazing on the album. :naughty: Can't wait to see how this one will turn out!

And now seriously... I accept that many of you could like the song, but EVERYBODY SAYING IT´S AMAZING when seriously, I can´t even get the mellody.... ARE YOU ALL BEING SARCHASTIC??? cause my english is really basic and I miss the sarchastic mode too often....

I'm not being sarcastic. I CAN be sarcastic, but I'm not usually here on the

MFC.

Why are you so upset that you don't like it? I don't like Blame it on the Weather AT ALL, but what can you do? :dunno: I still manage to get along with people who DO like it.

(edit: I don't know why there is a lightbulb above my post:dunno:)

I think you must have accidentally clicked on the post icon -- you know, under the text box when you're typing there's a list of little icons, smiley face, frownie face, etc. There's a lightbulb there, too. You must have clicked on that inadvertently. :thumb_yello:

look at the lyrics, there are only like 7 different lines, the rest it´s on repeat mode...

When it rain rain rains

it rain and rains

When it rain rain rains

it rain and rains

When it rain rain rains

it rain and rains

When it rain rain rains

it rain and rains

---------

It's as if I'm scared

It's as if I'm terrified

It's as if I'm scared

It's as if we're playing with fire

Scared

It's as if I'm terrified

Are you scared

Are we playing with fire

--------

I look for joy in a strange place

From the back of a bar from afar

I see the look on my mama's face

When her son's in the corner undone

I look for joy in a strange place

In the back of a bar from afar

I see the look on my daddy's face

When his son's fallin' over undone

Oh Dr. John

What am I doin'

What am I doin' wrong?

'Cause I keep on tryin'

Somethin' ain't goin'

Somethin' ain't goin on

-------------------

:roftl:

No, I don't think it's nonsense. A ship calls on a port. It's the ship's

port-of-call. If I call on you, you could be considered my port-of-call,

or the port of my call. If that's actually the lyric (which is what I'm

hearing, but I could be wrong!) that makes sense to me. :dunno:

Neither does "fall to my feet" - you can have ""fall to my knees" or "fall at your feet" - or maybe we're not getting the lyrics right :naughty:

That's entirely possible, silver. I've only listened to it about 50 times,

and some of the lyrics sound a little different to me each time! :naughty:

But "fall to my feet" makes sense as well -- it's not as common as "fall to my knees", but I've definitely heard it used. And besides it's Mr. "Since I Was In My Braces" Mika we're talking about here. :wink2:

No, I don't think it's nonsense. A ship calls on a port. It's the ship's

Thanks for this, Deb! Makes everything much clearer for me.

INo, I don't think it's nonsense. A ship calls on a port. It's the ship's

That's why I thought we need to figure out the other line first. My instinct says that port in a storm would make a better lyric but it depends what he's talking about and there isn't enough context without the following line.

And besides it's Mr. "Since I Was In My Braces" Mika we're talking about here. :wink2:

Well yeah. :naughty:

I thought the whole album was meant to be a f*ck off album :dunno:

I wouldn't put any stock in that anyway. Didn't he say that long before he decided it would be about love songs (in fact before he even seriously started working on it)? :naughty:

I've being wondering this myself

thought..

how can the best "F**k off album" be called TOOL and have a song like BIOTW in it?:aah: I need to now Mika's definition of "F**k off"

BUT

I've been presuming that the "f*** off" album was what he was planning before he changed his mind and went with the love theme. Didn't he say in one of the recent French interviews that he'd started over in February? I think the "f*** off" comment was earlier than that, wasn't it?

which make sense to me :pinkbow:

And now seriously... I accept that many of you could like the song, but EVERYBODY SAYING IT´S AMAZING when seriously, I can´t even get the mellody.... ARE YOU ALL BEING SARCHASTIC??? cause my english is really basic and I miss the sarchastic mode too often....

calm down woman...:naughty: if you don't like it, you don't have to force yourself to.

Edited by atreyu