I know I will... as long as he doesn´t record "underwater" 12 times in the album :mf_rosetinted:

No, seriously... I love Karen and I learnt to like EMD, so I´m sure the album will be ok. If he´s singing these songs now, it´s cause they are not going to be singles... I still think his f*cking off song will be amazing.

its actually a "**** of" album... :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

id like a whole CD of GK songs:wub2:

I still think his f*cking off song will be amazing.

I thought the whole album was meant to be a f*ck off album :dunno:

I wouldn't put any stock in that anyway. Didn't he say that long before he decided it would be about love songs (in fact before he even seriously started working on it)? :naughty:

I really like this song, and I want to ask something?

I am member of MFC for a year now and I don't know many thinks that happened here... Did Mika sang that much new songs on his gigs before BWKTM? I know he sand Rain, and Blue Eyes.... on some gigs, but did he shared that much new songs before? (I don't think on yt)

Yes he did, even if it was.. you know kind of acoustically :naughty: During his acoustic tour in 2009 he sang GGG, Toy Boy and Blue Eyes (and those two were in Songs for Sorrow which he was supposed to be promoting with this tour, so having them on the album as well increased the feeling that we've heard many songs before the album release), Rain, BIOTG. And also we kinda knew I See You and Lover Boy from the snippets from the couple of vlogs he made during the recording :teehee: So yeah and after the release of WAG we had like 8 songs from the new album :roftl:

Edit: to be on topic again.. I love this song! :wub2: I listened to it yesterday at 2:00 am so today I can confirm that :biggrin2:

Edited by Miro

I thought the whole album was meant to be a f*ck off album :dunno:

I wouldn't put any stock in that anyway. Didn't he say that long before he decided it would be about love songs (in fact before he even seriously started working on it)? :naughty:

you called me "Grade A demanding bitch" when I asked for an album plenty of masterpieces :shun: so I decided to be just a "Grade A bitch" (without the "demanding") and I only ask now for a f*cking off song... :naughty::roftl:

Mika has lots of songs. No one has to love all of them or even try. :naughty:

I don't think there's anything wrong with knowing your own mind either and just going with that. What other people think of his songs has no impact on me at all. I live in a part of Canada where most people do not rate him as a popular (i.e. good) singer, so I wouldn't even be a fan if I was influenced by what everyone around me thinks :dunno:

We talk about language a lot but it's even more than that as there is a cultural bias, not just from where you live but what era you grew up in and what kind of music you've spent your life listening to.

I can't even really articulate why a line like "All I see just amazes" is a perfect lyric and "I adore you nothing more to say" is totally lame and makes me roll my eyes. It's not that one is more complex or one is grammatically incorrect or whatever. It's just what MY experience with the language and songs I've heard tells me and if you're not in my head you're not necessarily going to agree.

The other thing about this song is Mika sounds sincere. And insincerity is what puts me off of BIOTW more than the awkward poetry of the lyrics. It's not that I can't stomach romantic songs, but it doesn't feel romantic when Mika is faking it. It also seems like such a strain for him whereas Under Water is effortless, especially the lower/softer parts.

I am really impressed with this song because it sounds like such a departure from his other stuff IMO but a natural byproduct of growing up and not because he's trying to jump on some trend to cash in on a hit. It's also very direct without being perfectly literal, unlike HMDYLM which still had some sideline story about a boy and a girl that never made any sense to me. It made me wonder if "How much do you love me, how much do you care?" was a first person question or just another line in a story about some random people.

Yes he did, even if it was.. you know kind of acoustically :naughty: During his acoustic tour in 2009 he sang GGG, Toy Boy and Blue Eyes (and those two were in Songs for Sorrow which he was supposed to be promoting with this tour, so having them on the album as well increased the feeling that we've heard many songs before the album release), Rain, BIOTG

Also Dr John :naughty:

Building on what we have so far -- I'm getting there, it should only take

a few hundred more listens :wink2:

Which I won't mind at all... I LOVE this song!

---------------

There's ...

A slow landslide (?)

and the world we leave behind

there's a way to lose your head

and disappear and not return again...

When I fall to my feet

Wearin' my heart on my sleeve

All I see just amazes

You are the port of my call

I shall not leave you alone

Now I know you're amazing

'Cause all I need is the love you breathe

put your lips on me and

I can live under water, under water, under water!

Under water!

There's ... bright blue sky

A slow landslide (?)

and the world I left behind

there's a way to lose your head

and disappear

and not return again

When I fall to my feet

Wearin' my heart on my sleeve

All I see just amazes

You are the port of my call

I shall not leave you alone

Now I know you're amazing

Cause all I need is the love you breathe

Put your lips on me and

I can live under water, under water, under water!

Under water!

There's no game of love(life?) that's high(?)

There's ... bright blue sky

A slow landslide (?)

and the world I've left behind

that's why I hear

Can anyone make any sense out of that?

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra

And now seriously... I accept that many of you could like the song, but EVERYBODY SAYING IT´S AMAZING when seriously, I can´t even get the mellody.... ARE YOU ALL BEING SARCHASTIC??? cause my english is really basic and I miss the sarchastic mode too often....

No, not ALL people are being sarcastic. :naughty:

I'm confused what you mean about the melody. Before you were agreeing with someone who said there was too much melody. Do you dislike the melody or do you think there isn't much of a melody?

And now seriously... I accept that many of you could like the song, but EVERYBODY SAYING IT´S AMAZING when seriously, I can´t even get the mellody.... ARE YOU ALL BEING SARCHASTIC??? cause my english is really basic and I miss the sarchastic mode too often....

I like the song, really. And that has (a great deal) to do with the symphaty/enthousiasme/emphaty he sings it. Can't explain it very well, but it is a feeling.

Oh, and btw: I don't like all of his songs. Only most of them:wink2:

(edit: I don't know why there is a lightbulb above my post:dunno:)

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra

I don't think it's boring Rosa :naughty:, but I'm not overwhelmed by it either. :dunno:

I would like to think it might be amazing once it was properly recorded; I certainly think it is better than BIOTW.

But it's not a killer song. IMHO :pinkbow:

No, not ALL people are being sarcastic. :naughty:

I'm confused what you mean about the melody. Before you were agreeing with someone who said there was too much melody. Do you dislike the melody or do you think there isn't much of a melody?

Not even me knows it... :aah: first 48574389 times I heard it it was too mellodic.. but 34857348975 after that, I find it... senseless... like... look at the lyrics, there are only like 7 different lines, the rest it´s on repeat mode... I´ve listened to it thousands of times and I still can´t sing it along. That´s why I´m freaking out, cause I can understand people fangurling over GK... but...

oh well, I give up... :aah:

Trust him to do what's best for us! This album is going to be totally amazing! :wub2:

yes, I have also decided it will be amazing. :wub2:

To me it seems like you are being funny a bit. :dunno: Most MFCers tend to love this song, unlike the previous ones. You don't like it, that's fine. Maybe you want to read Christine's post on the previous page about people understanding and interpreting songs and lyrics differently.

Not even me knows it... :aah: first 48574389 times I heard it it was too mellodic.. but 34857348975 after that, I find it... senseless... like... look at the lyrics, there are only like 7 different lines, the rest it´s on repeat mode... I´ve listened to it thousands of times and I still can´t sing it along. That´s why I´m freaking out, cause I can understand people fangurling over GK... but...

oh well, I give up... :aah:

Did you also count the repetitive lines in Grace Kelly...green, blue, violet sky why don't you like me, walk out the door etc etc etc. And it is still a great song!

Well I usually call it as I see it no matter how much flack everyone gives me for it but I am definitely not being sarcastic. I'm very happy and relieved and I know I should just learn to trust Mika and the process more.