London, London, London!

Dreamerxd

Hey hey heeey! :D

Yeah, this thread is about.. LONDON BABY! :mf_rosetinted:

As i couldn't find a thread about it, i thought i would make one!

So, the point of this is, I'm going to London in about 1½ month and..

Where should i stay? (Cheap is well prefered!!)

What should i go see?

Which bars/pubs should i visit? (Vintage is a plus!!!!!)

Anything else i should know? :)

Hope you all wanna help me as i may be travelling alone!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is a vintage pub? I mean isn't just about every pub in London vintage? :wink2:

For cheap accommodation...what is your budget? One man's expensive is another man's cheap, or something like that. :naughty:

What do you want to do? i.e. what are your interests? Are you looking to go shopping? Check out museums? Shows? Go on walks?

For me the #1 must-see tourist attraction is the Tower of London. Take a guided tour (included with your admission ticket) with a real Yeoman Warder who will give you a real feel for the place. The crown jewels are housed there and you can't go wrong with that. :thumb_yello:

I'm not that picky about what to see, just places you find interesting :)

I Will be there 2.-5. Of march :) not that long unfortunately :)

I dont really know what i find cheap, i mean it depends on what you get for the money :b

You should go on the London Eye if you get the chance.

Also on your first day you should take an open top bus tour (if it's not too cold or raining), this takes you round a lot of the major attractions and you can decide what to go back and visit later.

Don't go to Madame Tussaud's wax museum, you have to queue for hours.

Covent Garden is a good place to visit.

Also on your first day you should take an open top bus tour (if it's not too cold or raining), this takes you round a lot of the major attractions and you can decide what to go back and visit later.

Sounds good! But isn't London Eye a bit expensive to go on? :)

I don't know but i would think it was :naughty:

Btw! If anyone living in or around London would help around those days (Taking a walk, showing some "rare" places, or anything like that) let me know! Allways dreamt of getting a local to show me around no matter where i go! :wub2:

And Madame Tussauds is a bit pricey to get into as well.

All the museums and Tate Modern are free so that would be helpful to your budget:thumb_yello:

And Madame Tussauds is a bit pricey to get into as well.

All the museums and Tate Modern are free so that would be helpful to your budget:thumb_yello:

Nice! Then i'll go see lots and lots of museums! :thumb_yello:

I've never been to London or know anybody who has, that's why i'm asking a bit lame questions + It's my first time travelling alone :blink:

Wembley is pretty far from the centre of London and you'll end up spending more money on transportation so take that into consideration. Where will you be arriving (what airport, train station)?

Are you willing to stay in a hostel? That might be your best way of meeting people to hang out with and it will be quite cheap. I'm not sure if there are many MFCers who live in central London although I can give you some tips on places off the beaten track. But since you've never been to London I think you're going to have more than enough to do with the regular sights.

I think the London Eye is a bit overrated and if you don't have much money there are plenty of other things to do.

Ok!

Well, i don't know how far away things is, so it's a bit difficult to choose where to stay.

But closer to center than Wembley, i'll remember that. :)

How much is it for a full weekend Metro pas?

I guess that's the way i'll be moving around :biggrin2:

Well, yeah.. I think i wanna see Big Ben & London Bridge, Camden Town. And that's it.

I'm more interested in the "unknown" places, if you understand, i guess big tourist attractions isn't my thing :aah:

Big tourist attractions isnt my thing either so I would advise you to walk around the city. It's the best way to get London's incredible vibe and it will definitely help you discover your favorite places/pubs etc. Also try visiting at least one of London's parks as they are all so beautiful.

Instead of a weekend metro bus why dont you get an oyster card? You'll get discount on metro tickets and you get to keep it in order to use it the next time you visit London.

Funny. I just wanted to make the same thread.

I´ll be in London during 25-28 jan.

Could anyone tell something about museums. I´d like to visit a bunch.

Rock n roll style pubs/bars would be cool places to visit too (I´m 21).

I´ll be staying in a hotel in the center of the town.

Sounds good! But isn't London Eye a bit expensive to go on? :)

I don't know but i would think it was :naughty:

Btw! If anyone living in or around London would help around those days (Taking a walk, showing some "rare" places, or anything like that) let me know! Allways dreamt of getting a local to show me around no matter where i go! :wub2:

I've been told some kind curly guy lives in London. Maybe he can show you around. :aah:

Funny. I just wanted to make the same thread.

I´ll be in London during 25-28 jan.

Could anyone tell something about museums. I´d like to visit a bunch.

Rock n roll style pubs/bars would be cool places to visit too (I´m 21).

I´ll be staying in a hotel in the center of the town.

Sounds like you want the Hard Rock Cafe, but there are other bars too.

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/pubsandbars/rock-bars-in-london-recommended-london-3362.html

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe.aspx?LocationID=91&MIBEnumID=3

I've been told some kind curly guy lives in London. Maybe he can show you around. :aah:

Haha! Sounds like a nice guy, maybe i i should get a hold of him! :teehee:

Oyster Card? How much is that? And what is it? :)

Is there any Queen or Beatles museum or must-see's? :rolls_eyes:

Thanks! I'll look at it tomorrow :)

Seems like a great idea though, the Oyster Card thing :)

It's very good - you can buy it when you get to London. How are you travelling, and where will you arrive?

It's very good - you can buy it when you get to London. How are you travelling, and where will you arrive?

Right now at looks as though it might be an Easyjet flight, to.. Uhm... Stansted i think it was. :)

It could be either Stansted or Gatwick, way too expensive to go to Heathrow. :(

Right now at looks as though it might be an Easyjet flight, to.. Uhm... Stansted i think it was. :)

It could be either Stansted or Gatwick, way too expensive to go to Heathrow. :(

From both of those you would need to get a coach to London, I think, but they would arrive in London at different places. You might want to get a hotel near to where you would arrive.

Archived