Eurovision 2012

suzie

I'm not sure if a "decent songs" is good enough for that. There are 42 other entries this year. And at the end there will be some bad, a lot of decent songs and some really good songs.

And if a singer/group wants to get more popularity he needs a real good song - if it's only a decent one then there is to much "rivalry" as no one will check the band/singer behind the ESC-entry for let's say 20 entries.

Actually, I think our entry has a good song and even great by Eurovision standards but I wanted to sound impartial and point out what mattered to me in theory.

By 'decent' I also meant that it is different vs most others in the kitsch parade...:roftl: (No, I don't take Eurovision seriously but love it nevertheless :naughty:)

I agree that a song needs to stand out from the rest for viewers to remember. There are a lot of catchy songs, for example, but it is fun to guess which one will work across audiences. Last year, for example, I was not surprised at all by Azerbaijan winning. I also believe that Sweden would have won had it not been so many other (hot) young pretenders that year, so the votes of teenage girls got diluted. That is also why I don't think our runner up that you like would have necessarily achieved a good position as I bet there will be a lot of similar young guys with catchy songs entering.

So in that way, a band can totally stand a chance as they will be unique in their own way, (plus performing a really catchy song, too).

The other thing that will matter is the live performance. Last year we had a great sounding 'disco' type of, 'Eurovision compatible' song (resembling a Lara Fabian song though :teehee:) but the singer couldn't sing it well in terms of being able to belt it out like a diva. I remember a real disco diva from Iceland a few years ago, for example. She had a great voice and came second, I think. Then last year we had the French tenor with that poperatic song (favourite of many, not mine) but he sang it flat :aah: Plus, stage presence also matters, of course. So it is hard to guess which songs will stand a chance but after the semi-finals we will get a clearer picture, I believe.

I listened to the 2 German entries linked. I really like Roman Lob's song. The songwriters are not German but at least not the 'usual' Eurovision composers whose songs make the whole competition really boring.

And I also listened Ornella, having a bit of a giggle as the melody starts like O sole mio / It's Now or Never :roftl: Only the very beginning though :teehee:

All in all, I think Germany has a good chance of even winning it again. Is Stefan Raab campaigning again? I think he did a great job 2 years ago.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we, latvians, picked our entry yesterday and you know what, I don't even wanna show it to you guys, I didn't like it. There were like 5 songs that were better, but..

Hmmm, could have been better yes :huh: Which songs did you like?

Italy: It's okay. I kinda like it.

Croatia: Brrr, dislike that voice very much. Not a song I would remember :dunno:

Ukraine: OMG what is she wearing... a typical dj song, but a bad one... IMO it's basically a song that could have been made by david guetta IF he didn't know what he was doing... I think this might be the worst song for me so far.

So we, latvians, picked our entry yesterday and you know what, I don't even wanna show it to you guys, I didn't like it. There were like 5 songs that were better, but..

You still will get some points from Lithuania :teehee: we love our "braliukas" Latvia :pinkbow:

Hmmm, could have been better yes :huh: Which songs did you like?

Italy: It's okay. I kinda like it.

Croatia: Brrr, dislike that voice very much. Not a song I would remember :dunno:

Ukraine: OMG what is she wearing... a typical dj song, but a bad one... IMO it's basically a song that could have been made by david guetta IF he didn't know what he was doing... I think this might be the worst song for me so far.

There were these, these and some other better songs.

You still will get some points from Lithuania :teehee: we love our "braliukas" Latvia :pinkbow:

brāļi ;)

Without this strange lyrics and performance I could have been a good song :mf_rosetinted:

Who knows what they'll do in the big show.

well Azerbaijan hasn't decided that what song they will perform but they choosed who will perform and here's a performance of her

she selected by national selection and i think she was the best one there :teehee:

And i wanted to show you who Turkey selected and which song will be performed. Can Bonomo is decided by turkey and he will perform "Love me back" it's an interesting song and Can sing it so freshly:aah: i think they tried to mix some national music with today's:wub2: it also reminds me of Love Today :teehee:

[YOUTUBE]sjzHVgJd7t0&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

@Droopsy and @dermoment1608 i agree with you and he is totally hyper and his song too,i've heard he made this song and that's not strange for me!:teehee:

i like turkey's songs a lot but since 2009 it eurovison songs has been weird and weak.i worry about them,Their music is great ,it doesn't have to be like this:aah:

Well, than, but I won't take responsibility for anything :mf_rosetinted:

And don't say I didn't warn you!:roftl:

Firs thought: Wow, that's a funny title :teehee: *song starts*

hmm, hihi, I don't really know what to think. I'm speechless :teehee: Well, the melody an sich isn't that horrible actually, it's fun. I really don't know what to say :roftl: I can only comment on the melody, it's catchy and fun, the singer is not and neither is the "ooh ooh" :teehee:

I wonder who's going through for Ireland :teehee:

hmm, hihi, I don't really know what to think. I'm speechless :teehee: Well, the melody an sich isn't that horrible actually, it's fun. I really don't know what to say :roftl: I can only comment on the melody, it's catchy and fun, the singer is not and neither is the "ooh ooh" :teehee:

When there is a video from their live performance, I'll link it (that was really funny)

On the second place was this "Lady":

:blink:

The voting for our song is starting now. Should know soon. :thumb_yello:

I wasn't too impressed with the choices.

When there is a video from their live performance, I'll link it (that was really funny)

On the second place was this "Lady":

:blink:

Wow, that's a very kitsch song right there! :teehee: The song I find quite okay, but the singing could have been a bit better..

You mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1vQT8nAJUM :roftl: thanks for that, my first laugh of the day and how I needed it :roftl:

The title of the Austrian song means "shake your bum" in an Austrian dialect...

Oh.... hahaha:roftl:

About jedward, it's very jedward! I can't wait to see this live! Seeing them perform...They have so much energy, I'm always amazed to see them dance :biggrin2:

I know that the Swedish national final hasn't been yet, but I'm pretty sure this will be the Swedish contribution in Eurovision. :teehee:

Wow! How catchy and unoriginal...(:teehee:) this one will go far, that's for sure :roftl:

It actually sounds like it could be used as a football anthem or the official song to any sports championship, too and I can totally see it end up as the winning or the runner up song this year.

Wow! How catchy and unoriginal...(:teehee:) this one will go far, that's for sure :roftl:

It actually sounds like it could be used as a football anthem or the official song to any sports championship, too and I can totally see it end up as the winning or the runner up song this year.

Like the most Eurovision songs then :teehee:

There are some strong competitors that he competes with... And I'm not sure which one I like the most...

It's funny that you mention it 'cause the music critics wrote that in their reviews too. :aah:

I know that the Swedish national final hasn't been yet, but I'm pretty sure this will be the Swedish contribution in Eurovision. :teehee:

Hmm. When listening all I could think: Uhm, I know this song already :boxed:

I don't know if it sounds like a popular song or what :dunno:

I had a look at some of the other contestants for Sweden and I think "amazing" is my least favorite together with "mirakel".