suzie

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. When listening all I could think: Uhm, I know this song already :boxed:

I don't know if it sounds like a popular song or what :dunno:

I had a look at some of the other contestants for Sweden and I think "amazing" is my least favorite together with "mirakel".

Yeah it's not original in any way. :wink2:

I think I like "Euphoria" with Loreen the most, but I don't know if it is a Eurovision-winner-song... :dunno:

Haha, "Mirakel" :roftl: it's the worst song ever. The only reason it went to finally is because people thought it was funny :aah:

Love their clothes:roftl: But the song reminds me too much of Swedish House Mafia!

Love their clothes too. :biggrin2:

Maybe, I know nothing about music :aah: but according to the music critic you're right. the song is an modified version of Swedish House Mafia's song "Save the world" :wink2:

So, I watched the "songfestival" from Holland yesterday. I can't believe the song they picked... I think in this case they better went with the safe, typical eurovision performance à la Céline Dion....

But this is their winner:

[YOUTUBE]qCp3Z9z8qJ4[/YOUTUBE]

2 thoughts:

-the indian thing has been done to death, I'm sick of it

-she can't really reach the high notes....

I guess it's a hate it or love it song... I don't even have a real problem with the song, but with the singer/the voice/the act.

2 thoughts:

-the indian thing has been done to death, I'm sick of it

-she can't really reach the high notes....

I guess it's a hate it or love it song... I don't even have a real problem with the song, but with the singer/the voice/the act.

I agree with you. I actually like the song, but not her voice and I can't understand the whole indan-thing. Why choose that theme? It distracts you from the song, and I find it kind of annoying.

This is the representative for Finland. The song sounds really familiar, but I can't say why.

http://youtu.be/InblQtjqxvQ

I love it! Simply beautiful :wub2: My favorite so far together with Germany (for which I can't vote, of course :wink2:). It's so pure and full of real emotions. And I love how the melody flows.

@Holland

The Indian thing is really silly. I can't even see a connection to the song. The song is okay, but (at least after two listenings) nothing special for me. And I don't think that country is so good for Eurovision, the genre is too special.

This is the representative for Finland. The song sounds really familiar, but I can't say why.

http://youtu.be/InblQtjqxvQ

I actually really like it. It's not a winning song...But it really stood out from the other songs. And I like the melody to it. Really beautiful.

So, I watched the "songfestival" from Holland yesterday. I can't believe the song they picked... I think in this case they better went with the safe, typical eurovision performance à la Céline Dion....

But this is their winner:

[YOUTUBE]qCp3Z9z8qJ4[/YOUTUBE]

Hmmm...The song's ok. But she cannot hit thiose high notes. Her Dutch accent is cute though.

What else have I missed?

I think it's funny that Jedward are back for Ireland. I was very surprised when I saw that the juries also voted them through, not just the audience. Waterline is kinda catchy I think.

I also finally listened to all of the other entries...

Albania: I don't really like it...Has a nordic flow to it though (reminds me a bit of Sigur Ros)

Iceland: Not bad but a little too sad for Eurovision

Latvia: Don't like it....Johnny Logan gots a mention...hehe

Montenegro: What's that?

Switzerland: I like it surprisingly. (though the singer can't sing at all)

Austria: lol...som much the Austrian version of the German "band" Die Atzen. Totally a song I could like when I'm REALLY drunk

Cyprus: That's how a Eurovision song should sound like. A little bit trashy, a lot of autotune, a catchy tune. A bit of a summer hit.

Danmark: Really beautiful. I like.

Hungary: ok. better than many other entries.

Israel: Boring

Belarus: OMG, this is :shocked::boxed:

Malta: not too bad...catchy, too.

Ukraine: Hmm....she's SCREAMING....hmmm...

Bosnia: Couldn't find the song :boxed: (Anyone? :wink2:)

Croatia: hmmm, boring

Georgia: Are they serious?

Norway: Yeah, I still like the song. Very Eurovision-like. Nice.

Slovenia: boring

Turkey: Nice. (so "Turkish"...I like)

Azerbaijan: zZzZzZzZ

France: Great singer, bad song

Germany: Ok, I still like the singer + the song...:aah:

The other songs haven't been anounced yet. But it's not THAT many songs I like atm....:boxed:

Apparently Attomic Kitten will represent the UK...

So far I like (in no particular order)

Finland

Ireland

Albania

Iceland

Switzerland

Cyprus

Denmark

Malta

Norway

Turkey

Germany

Dunno who my favourite is this year. Will wait for the other songs to be decided.

Anyways...already looking forwards to the show :D

Edited by mariposa

He's 75 years old, for goodness' sake! Surely they could have found someone younger. Or maybe they are going for the sympathy vote :dunno:

I should imagine the song will be a ballad.

I think I'm gonna boycott the ESC this year, as the choise of the Austrian songs is :sneaky2::aah:

We only can lose, I think, no matter which song will be chosen...:sneaky2:

Don't worry, because we will lose again. This year we have a girl dressed up as an indian. :aah:

He's 75 years old, for goodness' sake! Surely they could have found someone younger. Or maybe they are going for the sympathy vote :dunno:

that's kinda what i though when i found out he was going to represent england

To be fair, all the younger "hip" singers we've had over the last few years haven't been up to much, so I guess they are going for a different tack.

And at least he can sing:wink2: