Fun

Cassilda

From Fun's facebook page

We've been nominated for Best International Group at this year's BRIT Awards! For a band who would probably count 8 of their 10 biggest influences as UK artists, it really is a massive honor.

and from their twitter

FUN. ‏@OurNameIsFun

Just found out that we're performing at @TheGRAMMYs! Watch the show Feb 10th on @CBSTweet

:biggrin2:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done in noticing that but their songs get used in quite a few things:aah:

We Are Young was playing in the cafe in Eastenders :lmfao:

i know, just thought it was fun because it's a movie I want to see :teehee:

and celebrate on the radio :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
Ahh :teehee:

Origin Of Love was playing on the radio while I was at the dentist. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh, I wish I would too. I'm terrified of dentists (some BAD experiences) and that would totally save the day :wink2:

And also, Fun is a great band, I love their music and not just Some Nights but the first album (Aim and Ignite) too. Gambler is probably my favourite song cos it's so simple:thumb_yello:

Oh, I wish I would too. I'm terrified of dentists (some BAD experiences) and that would totally save the day :wink2:

And also, Fun is a great band, I love their music and not just Some Nights but the first album (Aim and Ignite) too. Gambler is probably my favourite song cos it's so simple:thumb_yello:

Well I couldn't hear it too well could of done with being a bit louder but every time I had a break I heard it clearly.

Yay,so you are a fan of Fun then?:teehee:

Well I couldn't hear it too well could of done with being a bit louder but every time I had a break I heard it clearly.

Yay,so you are a fan of Fun then?:teehee:

Oh yes, big Fun fan:thumb_yello: It's one of those bands that I could listen all day long! :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

MOST NIGHTS SUMMER TOUR WITH TEGAN AND SARA.

tumblr_inline_mhpfosnKsk1qz4rgp.png

It may be tough to imagine an outdoor show under the stars when it’s 30 degrees out, but summer is just around the corner and fun. will be embarking on their Most Nights summer tour on July 6th in Toronto, ON. It’s a fitting kickoff city because fun.’s Canadian friends, Tegan and Sara, will be opening almost every show on the tour…

Tegan and Sara have been one of my favorite bands for a very long time. I remember when I discovered them - we were in LA recording Aim and Ignite and at that point everything I was listening to had been made before 1980. I was having a real “everything modern sucks” kind of chip on my shoulder moment. Discovering The Con not only changed my life the way a brilliant album does, it also renewed my faith in modern music. Tegan and Sara greatly impacted the way I think about writing and recording music at the moment that fun. was forming and for me, that makes it extra special that we get to tour together this summer.

Beyond my personal experience, their new album Heartthrob is absolutely incredible and the three of us are so thrilled to hear it live every night this summer!!!! - Jack

This may be the last North American tour of the Some Nights album cycle so the band is looking forward to seeing all of you. They’ll be announcing more shows next month so don’t worry if you don’t see a show near you:

July 6 - Toronto, ON @ Downsview Park - Info | Tickets & Presale

July 9 - Cleveland, OH @ Jacobs Pavilion @ Nautica - Info | Tickets & Presale

July 13 - Rochester, NY @ CMAC - Info | Tickets & Presale

July 14 - Columbus, OH @ Lifestyle Pavilion (No Tegan and Sara) - Info | Tickets & Presale

July 16 - Detroit, MI @ Meadow Brook - Info | Tickets & Presale

July 18 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE - Info | Tickets & Presale

July 19 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Mann Center - Info | Tickets & Presale

July 20 - Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post Pavilion - Info | Tickets & Presale

July 22 - New York, NY @ Hudson River Park – Pier 26 - Info | Tickets & Presale

August 22 - Denver, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Info | Tickets & Presale

August 23 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Great Salt Air - Info | fun. Presale | AMEX Presale | Tickets

August 27 - Lake Tahoe, NV @ Lake Tahoe at Harrah’s Outdoor Arena - Info | Tickets & Presale

August 28 - Boise, ID @ Idaho Botanical Garden - Info | Tickets & Presale

August 29 - Portland, OR @ Edgefield - Info | Tickets & Fan Presale | AMEX Presale

September 4 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Greek Theatre (No Tegan and Sara) - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 6 - Berkeley, CA @ The Greek Theatre – UC Berkeley - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 7 - Santa Barbara, CA @ Santa Barbara Bowl (No Tegan and Sara) - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 10 - Phoenix, AZ @ Comerica Theatre - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 12 - Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavilion - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 16 - Tuscaloosa, AL @ Tuscaloosa Amphitheatre - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 18 - Boca Raton, FL @ Mizner Park Amphitheatre - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 19 - Orlando, FL @ UCF Arena - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 22 - Nashville, TN @ The Woods at Fontanel - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 24 - Charleston, SC @ Family Circle Cup Stadium - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 25 - Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater - Info | Tickets & Presale

September 26 - Charlottesville, VA @ nTelos Wireless Pavilion - Info | Tickets & Presale

These are the largest venues that fun. has ever played and they want their biggest fans (like you) right up front. They’ve reserved the front-most seats or pit tickets in each venue for the fun. fan ticket presale which begins Wednesday, February 6th @ 12PM venue local time. The presale runs until Thursday, February 14th @ 10PM venue local time, but we’d suggest grabbing your tickets as early as possible.

Click the presale link above (some may not be active yet) and use the password SOMENIGHTS (not case sensitive) to get your tickets before the general public.

American Express Cardmembers also have an opportunity to get tickets before the general public beginning Wednesday, February 6th @ 12PM venue local time. Cardmembers can use the same presale links above, but enter their card # instead of using the fan presale password.

Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday, February 15th or Saturday, February 16th, depending on venue. Click the “info” link to find out more about the show near you.

fun. will also be hosting The Ally Coalition’s Equality Village at each date of the Most Nights summer tour. More info on that coming soon.

Only follow ticket links listed on http://www.ournameisfun.com so that you always get the lowest price, face value tickets.

Have any questions about ticketing? Please send an e-mail to ournameisfun@nettwerk.com

Taken from their website.:wink2:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
These guys are so awesome! I can't stop listening to 'Carry on'

I so hope they come to my country at some point. I wrote a post about them, mind giving it a read?

http://http://music4meez.wordpress.com/2012/07/23/my-idea-of-fun/

says it couldn't be found:dunno:

But I hope you get to see them! I've seen them twice and they are even more amazing live,I miss them now:teehee:

• 2 weeks later...