Interview/Article from Danish Site

LaraMay

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then, you in Canada are more respectful that people here in Spain. I´m pretty sure that no one here would care about Celebrate or any of Mika´s songs. But if there´s a tabloid when they show a pic with Mika and a boyfriend, I´m pretty sure it´ll get more air than anything else.

So instead of posting a pic of Yasmine/Mika or a pic of Dita von Teese/Mika they post a pic of Mika/hypothetical boyfriend. Is this really the end of the world or even the end of Mika's privacy? Unless he is dating someone uberfamous he is not going to suddenly turn into Brangelina.

It should be her ofc.. just a mistake google translate probably made, i didnt see:thumb_yello:

But i am not sure what you mean with 'ta' and all your mandarin.. here is a mandarin a fruit

mandarin_orange__chinese.jpg

so you kinda lost me:aah:

Yep, you're right! But it's also the English way of saying one of the most spoken languages in the world. It's the most common way of speaking Chinese. They call it 汉语 (Han yue).

Exucuse asking, but are you Danish? Could you translate?

So instead of posting a pic of Yasmine/Mika or a pic of Dita von Teese/Mika they post a pic of Mika/hypothetical boyfriend. Is this really the end of the world or even the end of Mika's privacy? Unless he is dating someone uberfamous he is not going to suddenly turn into Brangelina.

Mika/Yasmine, Mika/Dita means "he looks straight, not interesting".

Mika/a random guy means "he is openly gay, and this is gossip, so we are posting it".

Don´t missinterpret me, I´m not scared and I don´t give a damn about it, I´m just telling what happens in my country.

Yep, you're right! But it's also the English way of saying one of the most spoken languages in the world. It's the most common way of speaking Chinese. They call it 汉语 (Han yue).

Exucuse asking, but are you Danish? Could you translate?

I am. Also did it fast! But i am busy and from the phone.

What is it you don't understand in the interview?

Mika/a random guy means "he is openly gay, and this is gossip, so we are posting it".

But this can only be news ONCE. I don't believe even the worst tabloid press in the world is going to chase Mika down every single day for the rest of his life to post pics proving that he has a boyfriend. Once it's out there, it's no longer news.

I don't think anyone should live their entire life in hiding just because there might be some press scrutiny for a week or even a few months. Anderson Cooper came out last week and it's already old news. I mean it was barely news when it happened because the whole world has known about it for ages.

But this can only be news ONCE. I don't believe even the worst tabloid press in the world is going to chase Mika down every single day for the rest of his life to post pics proving that he has a boyfriend. Once it's out there, it's no longer news.

I don't think anyone should live their entire life in hiding just because there might be some press scrutiny for a week or even a few months. Anderson Cooper came out last week and it's already old news. I mean it was barely news when it happened because the whole world has known about it for ages.

Couldnt have Said it better myself :thumb_yello:

Oh, yes, I´m pretty sure no one is going to post a camera in front of his house, but I was talking about my country. For me, it´d be sad if Mika were known by being the new gay popstar coming out the closet instead of being known because of his talent... that was all...

I am. Also did it fast! But i am busy and from the phone.

What is it you don't understand in the interview?

Thanks for translating. It's interesting, just a surprising thing has arisen: mika supposedly said in the interview that he had broken up with the BOYFRIEND he'd had for 5 years. It's just a very unmikalike thing to say something so revealing about his private life in that kind of detail. Just wanna check if that's really what was written! :thumb_yello:

May I know what are we celebrating?

That after more than 5 years of dillydalling Mika has come out of the closet.

I am more than happy for him, for us fans, for the whole LGBT community. Each coming out is a small victory.

I will Celebrate tonight!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

And if we talk about the relationship which broke up after five years, i dont think that my fans would be surprised if I would say that it was with a man.

of course not

:teehee:

If we trust him,late in 2007 he split with someone and covered his/her house with posters of the cover of LICM.

no, that relationship was before he became a popstar. We have no info how long before but definitely before.

I tend to believe that story, actually, more or less, at least in terms of timing.

Edit:

The split he was talking about was not in late 2007. It was before he became famous.

:doh: sorry, Christine already answered this

Edited by suzie

Oh, yes, I´m pretty sure no one is going to post a camera in front of his house, but I was talking about my country. For me, it´d be sad if Mika were known by being the new gay popstar coming out the closet instead of being known because of his talent... that was all...

Well I guess that's Spain's problem then. Mika shouldn't have to hide away his whole life because of how the Spanish press might portray him. I'm sure he'd prefer not to be known as the popstar whose sister was seriously injured falling out of a window either. But it's just a fact of his life and he can't live under a rock because people like to gossip.

That's sort of what came to my mind, too. I mean, I didn't even read about

Anderson Cooper's coming out until yesterday, as I was in Brazil when the

news "broke" here, and believe it or not it didn't make the news

down there. (At least, not the news I was watching...) :teehee:

In Mika's case, I'm sure it will make the news in all the gay press, at least

in this country, simply because many of those outlets have been pressing

him to be more "forthcoming" on his sexuality from the outset. But as far

as the US mainstream press? This will be a non-event, and if Mika should

break the US market in a big way with the new album :crossed:

then the news will already have been out there, so it will already be accepted...

it won't be a big "reveal" or scandal, so I'm guessing it

won't generate any real tabloid interest. :dunno:

That after more than 5 years of dillydalling Mika has come out of the closet.

I am more than happy for him, for us fans, for the whole LGBT community. Each coming out is a small victory.

I will Celebrate tonight!

If it´s a proper coming out, I´m gonna celebrate it myself! I agree, famous gay people shouldn´t hide, since it´s quite hard for homosexual people to come out, and all those famous coming out, help a lot, making society realise that gay people are out there, and they are NORMAL. I wish all this homophobic around there finished right now. I have a friend who is right now worrying about how to tell his parents since he is sure his dad will throw him out of the house... It´s not that Mika coming out of the closet is going to solve everything, but I think it helps.

So, if this is it, ok, let´s celebrate!! :yay:

Yes that breakup was before 2007.

Anyway nothing in this article surprises me. Except for the fact that it's been published. :naughty:

I know!! same here :naughty:

This is a day to Celebrate!

11th July 2012!

:groupwave:

Yes!!! Me too.

This is fantastic news. I had a feeling since he 'came back' now, that he seemed a lot more open in a way, sort of more at ease with himself, and more 'openly gay' if that makes any sense, so in a way it doesn't surprise me that he's said that, but of course it was not expected that he'd open up in public like that so this is great.

I guess that his mindset now on this comeback is more like "hey, this is me, and I'm just doing my thing without any worries or trying to hide anything" and he just seems more open and happy with himself than before, in a public way? I don't know if this makes any sense or if it's coming out the right way, but hey, I know what I mean and this is great.

Not that I believe every single word of the interview but if Mika started to write again thanks to this new person, well, I must thank him/her! :wink2:

Did he say it was a new person, btw?