Interview/Article from Danish Site

LaraMay

Danish Article/Interview from: http://www.bt.dk/musik/mika-jeg-gik-doed-i-to-aar

Thanks to Hippiebbie!

5341044-mika.jpg

Originally Posted by Hippieibbie

(I corrected the google translate mistakes.. because some of the sentence are so wrong)

http://www.bt.dk/musik/mika-jeg-gik-doed-i-to-aar

MIKA: I went dead for 2 years

A broken heart and a accident, was about to stop mika's career

Five of the fence's iron spikes had pierced his sister Palomas body, but she was still conscious when she said goodbye to his popstar brother, Mika.

That's what happened two years ago in front of apartment complex in London's pretty Kensington neighborhood. During a smoking break at a party did Paloma fell out of the window.

And Mika thought - just like his sister herself - that she would die of his injuries.

But against all odds, she survived and today the 30-year-old Paloma Penniman, there fell from the apartment on the third floor. And this blessing was also the conclusion of his brother's personal crisis and massive writer's block.

After five years, his boyfriend left him. His heart was broken. And then a alienation from the music industry, did not improve matters.

Mika went empty for ideas and energy. And although he had sold over eight million albums (including nearly 100,000 in Denmark), could magician behind songs like 'Grace Kelly' and 'Love Today' not get a single idea for a new song

-I had not written a song for a half till two years, said Mika, who was summoned to his sister's apartment at half past five in the morning.

- But after the experience with Paloma, I knew my problems, was pure water. And when she was stabilized, i packed my suitcase and went out to find new inspiration, says Mika to BT.

The trip lasted over a year. Along the way, was Lebanese-born Mika in Canada, France, USA and of course England, where he has lived since he was nine years old.

He collaborated with "hit making" people like Pharrell Williams (Justin Timberlake) William Orbit (Madonna) and Greg Wells, who has also helped Katy Perry and Adele.

But despite the fine names Mika swears that he didnt chose his new partners because of their hit potential.

- I just love pop. Right now Rihanna is my favorite. And every single song on my new album ('The Origin of Love' - due out in september, ed.) Is based on my own soul. And the partners helped me incredibly much, to get going. For the first time in a long time I do not feel alone in the music world, says Mika, who ever since the beginning of his career has answered questions about his sexuality.

- I am looking forward to the day when that question is entirely superfluous. But I understand it, of course, well. And if we talk about the relationship which broke up after five years, i dont think that my fans would be surprised if I would say that it was with a man.

But man or woman ... Mika loves life again.

He has just given a concert at this year Nibe Festival.

And after the album's release in september the master(mika) of the best live shows seen on Danish soil again an extensive world tour, which of course would lead him to Denmark.

- The Danes understand me. they have no prejudices. And it's always great to play for people who are open and like music, says Mika.

Edited by LaraMay

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with whom did he break up?i can hardly believe he had the relationship with love in it!that's why he writes dark words?with his own anger and grief and love inside the music,he tried to show us the cruelness of love,the dangerous truth which is inevitable.....

(I corrected the google translate mistakes.. because some of the sentence are so wrong)

http://www.bt.dk/musik/mika-jeg-gik-doed-i-to-aar

MIKA: I went dead for 2 years

A broken heart and a accident, was about to stop mika's career

Five of the fence's iron spikes had pierced his sister Palomas body, but she was still conscious when she said goodbye to his popstar brother, Mika.

That's what happened two years ago in front of apartment complex in London's pretty Kensington neighborhood. During a smoking break at a party did Paloma fell out of the window.

And Mika thought - just like his sister herself - that she would die of his injuries.

But against all odds, she survived and today the 30-year-old Paloma Penniman, there fell from the apartment on the third floor. And this blessing was also the conclusion of his brother's personal crisis and massive writer's block.

After five years, his boyfriend left him. His heart was broken. And then a alienation from the music industry, did not improve matters.

Mika went empty for ideas and energy. And although he had sold over eight million albums (including nearly 100,000 in Denmark), could magician behind songs like 'Grace Kelly' and 'Love Today' not get a single idea for a new song

-I had not written a song for a half till two years, said Mika, who was summoned to his sister's apartment at half past five in the morning.

- But after the experience with Paloma, I knew my problems, was pure water. And when she was stabilized, i packed my suitcase and went out to find new inspiration, says Mika to BT.

The trip lasted over a year. Along the way, was Lebanese-born Mika in Canada, France, USA and of course England, where he has lived since he was nine years old.

He collaborated with "hit making" people like Pharrell Williams (Justin Timberlake) William Orbit (Madonna) and Greg Wells, who has also helped Katy Perry and Adele.

But despite the fine names Mika swears that he didnt chose his new partners because of their hit potential.

- I just love pop. Right now Rihanna is my favorite. And every single song on my new album ('The Origin of Love' - due out in september, ed.) Is based on my own soul. And the partners helped me incredibly much, to get going. For the first time in a long time I do not feel alone in the music world, says Mika, who ever since the beginning of his career has answered questions about his sexuality.

- I am looking forward to the day when that question is entirely superfluous. But I understand it, of course, well. And if we talk about the relationship which broke up after five years, i dont think that my fans would be surprised if I would say that it was with a man.

But man or woman ... Mika loves life again.

He has just given a concert at this year Nibe Festival.

And after the album's release in september the master(mika) of the best live shows seen on Danish soil again an extensive world tour, which of course would lead him to Denmark.

- The Danes understand me. tehy have no prejudices. And it's always great to play for people who are open and like music, says Mika.

The magazine are know for making everything too "big" and start drama. just so you know

I wouldnt trust everything. If we trust him,late in 2007 he split with someone and covered his/her house with posters of the cover of LICM. If he says that he was heartbroken before Palomas accident.... oh well,if you can count there are like a year or two missing... :aah:

I wouldnt trust everything. If we trust him,late in 2007 he split with someone and covered his/her house with posters of the cover of LICM. If he says that he was heartbroken before Palomas accident.... oh well,if you can count there are like a year or two missing... :aah:

What do you mean with there is a year or two missing? :)

If late in 2007 he split with someone,lets say he started a new relation in 2008. Palomas accident was in 2011. Only four years in between.

It could also be after the accident(like start of 2012):aah:?

Mika: New album in the top of the year

*breaks up*

Mika: I am too sad, have to postpone it

or maybe is mika just bad at math!?:naughty:

Or maybe i didnt read the interview?!:aah:

Edited by Hippieibbie

Oh this journalist has a huge imagination, I suppose. And doesn't know where to use it besides fictions in his own magazine :dunno:

oh, I so-so-so hope so!!! there are a lot of if's and would's in his words...:blink:

It could also be after the accident(like start of 2012):aah:?

Mika: New album in the top of the year

*breaks up*

Mika: I am too sad, have to postpone it

or maybe is mika just bad at math!?:naughty:

Or maybe i didnt read the interview?!:aah:

it seems so impossible if this is true,he could not hide such huge secret,and i think why he postpones it was because he didn't count correctly about how long it would take him to record the songs.:hypo::confused:

He had a BOYFRIEND? Surprised mika gave away the gender of his lover just like that! Is the translation correct?

I have the same thoughts about the way to say this to the world and about translation :dunno: