Interview/Article from Danish Site

LaraMay

If it´s a proper coming out, I´m gonna celebrate it myself! I agree, famous gay people shouldn´t hide, since it´s quite hard for homosexual people to come out, and all those famous coming out, help a lot, making society realise that gay people are out there, and they are NORMAL. I wish all this homophobic around there finished right now. I have a friend who is right now worrying about how to tell his parents since he is sure his dad will throw him out of the house... It´s not that Mika coming out of the closet is going to solve everything, but I think it helps.

So, if this is it, ok, let´s celebrate!! :yay:

It happens more often than we know, and generates so much sadness and tragedy. In our country, with the Vatican and NO LAW at all about same sex marriage, it's even harder than in Spain.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh one more thing: those people getting stuck on the 'how many years' issue trying to pretend that it's all fake, come on :rolleyes: how many times has he changed timings?

Without going any further, the other day at Lovebox he said that he'd been away for 3 years and it was only 2 :doh:

:wink2:We know that he gets times wrong, but to try and pretend that this whole statement must be made up and/or false because he *might* have gotten the timing wrong (what would we know anyway? he was clearly with someone very early on when I started following so anything is possible and we wouldn't necessarily 'know') just seems to me like a very silly attempt to try and cling to a fantasy for some :dunno:

It happens more often than we know, and generates so much sadness and tragedy. In our country, with the Vatican and NO LAW at all about same sex marriage, it's even harder than in Spain.

Yes, I know. But having news about it from people you don´t really know, it´s less painful than if you know them. In this case, I know his sister, and she is under so much pressure because of this, that when we talked bout him last time, she almost ended up crying. Not because it was a big deal for her. Just because she knows how their dad is going to react... This is so sad. A father rejecting a son because he decided to love a man. F*ck them.

I don't believe for a second that he would have chosen an interview with a random Danish tabloid to come out.

But if he has been able to maintain a stable relationship for five years, I'm very much impressed. Maintaining a relationship is difficult enough if you're not travelling all over the world and having people throw themselves at your feet all the time. Perhaps five years is a bit too impressive to be true, 2006 - 2011, with all the changes he went through in that time?. On the other hand, it would explain why there's not a zillion tabloid stories from ex-lovers...

Oh one more thing: those people getting stuck on the 'how many years' issue trying to pretend that it's all fake, come on :rolleyes: how many times has he changed timings?

Without going any further, the other day at Lovebox he said that he'd been away for 3 years and it was only 2 :doh:

:wink2:We know that he gets times wrong, but to try and pretend that this whole statement must be made up and/or false because he *might* have gotten the timing wrong (what would we know anyway? he was clearly with someone very early on when I started following so anything is possible and we wouldn't necessarily 'know') just seems to me like a very silly attempt to try and cling to a fantasy for some :dunno:

It was me talking about the timing, but I swear I´m not clinging to any fantasy :aah:

In a way I find Mika hot, but I´m already married and have a son, so, it´s not as if I´m now gettting my knicker in a twist because he is not marrying me....

:lmfao:

Seriously... did I sound as if I were going to die cause he now is gay? :aah: :aah:

It was me talking about the timing, but I swear I´m not clinging to any fantasy :aah:

In a way I find Mika hot, but I´m already married and have a son, so, it´s not as if I´m now gettting my knicker in a twist because he is not marrying me....

:lmfao:

Seriously... did I sound as if I were going to die cause he now is gay? :aah: :aah:

:lmfao:No, no, I wasn't thinking about you, but I did notice others making a point about how the timing was obviously wrong, so "naturally" everything else would necessarily be wrong, or made up, or a misunderstanding.....You know what I mean.

It's been many years of seeing obvious signs of things, and even him saying things openly like when he basically admitted to being bi, and some people on MFC coming up with the most incredible 'excuses' or reasons why it was all false :doh::naughty:

I will Celebrate tonight!

Oh, me too! Happy for him :wub2: I hope this will make things easier for him, no more stupid questions by media (at least no reason for questions) and yes, really, it couldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I guess that his mindset now on this comeback is more like "hey, this is me, and I'm just doing my thing without any worries or trying to hide anything" and he just seems more open and happy with himself than before, in a public way? I don't know if this makes any sense or if it's coming out the right way, but hey, I know what I mean and this is great.

That's how it looks! Really happy for him.

Edited by tiibet

:lmfao:No, no, I wasn't thinking about you, but I did notice others making a point about how the timing was obviously wrong, so "naturally" everything else would necessarily be wrong, or made up, or a misunderstanding.....You know what I mean.

It's been many years of seeing obvious signs of things, and even him saying things openly like when he basically admitted to being bi, and some people on MFC coming up with the most incredible 'excuses' or reasons why it was all false :doh::naughty:

LOOL! Thank you, cause I thought that somehow, English played with me if I sounded as a paranoid or something :aah:

I think it´s a good idea from him to stop playing with his sexuality, cause as Robertina said, it makes no good to all these people dealing with it out there. I hope this is for the good, and if it makes him happier, it´ll mean better music, which means better gigs, which means WE´LL BE PARTAYING EVEN MORE :aah:

I don't believe for a second that he would have chosen an interview with a random Danish tabloid to come out....

He did not choose the Danish paper, he chose the time and a country famous for its tolerance. Or he may have just reached the point twhere he has had enough of these questions. Talking about a relationship that ended automatically closes questions about his current love interest so perhaps it is easier for him that way.

He did come out in 2009 at that gay club gig as well but some fans didn't seem to put things together.

Perhaps five years is a bit too impressive to be true, 2006 - 2011, with all the changes he went through in that time?. ..

early 2007 till end of 2011 is basically 5 years - not calendar years though.

Actually, it is totally the 5 years that make it believable. They couldn't have made this up.

He did not choose the Danish paper, he chose the time and a country famous for its tolerance. Or he may have just reached the point twhere he has had enough of these questions. Talking about a relationship that ended automatically closes questions about his current love interest so perhaps it is easier for him that way.

He did come out in 2009 at that gay club gig as well but some fans didn't seem to put things together.

early 2007 till end of 2011 is basically 5 years - not calendar years though.

Actually, it is totally the 5 years that make it believable. They couldn't have made this up.

Denmark have just made it legal to gay couples to get married in the church.(and we all celebrated that) and he had a gig here

must be why:mf_rosetinted:

No, I certainly think that this would be a very odd way of 'coming out'. He hasn't exactly 'come out' anyway, I guess, if he actually said this, it would mean that he was simply not straight. I think we all already knew that this was the case ! :mf_rosetinted:

If this is true (which it most likely is) then I am delighted for him! Hopefully this will get take the media's attention away from the whole "is he gay is he not" thing and they will start concentrating on his music!! I am veryhappy for him!

:thumb_yello:

Couldn't have said it better! :thumb_yello:

If this is true (which it most likely is) then I am delighted for him! Hopefully this will get take the media's attention away from the whole "is he gay is he not" thing and they will start concentrating on his music!! I am veryhappy for him!

YES! this will hopefully happen! :yay::yay::yay:

srry but Mika's interview about being in a relationship with a man 4 5years looks like a bunch of lies xD it's like they wanted to hide the truth with so many lies, that's how i feel cuz Mika couldn't have a relationship with a man for 5years, but if they even said more than one man,then it would sound more reasonable! if he spend 5years with one man,then why most of his songs looks dark and sad?? he had more than one break up? so why didn't he leave him at first? whatever, 5 years seems too much to me! :wink2:

He did not choose the Danish paper, he chose the time and a country famous for its tolerance. Or he may have just reached the point twhere he has had enough of these questions.

I actually don't think he came out more than he did before in the sense that having a relationship with a guy does not say he's gay, and he already said he was bisexual.

Personally, I very much admire him for the no label thing. I think that for someone in his position (not someone living in Spain and having a nasty father, but a someone being a pop star) it is actually a lot more difficult to stick to this message than it would be to come out. I know we don't live in a world where it doesn't matter which gender you fall for, but I really wish we did and I think that is the message he is trying to get across.

Talking about a relationship that ended automatically closes questions about his current love interest so perhaps it is easier for him that way.

I certainly hope so! As much as I admire him for having chosen the difficult path in the past, it would be nice if people actually asked him questions about his music instead of his sexuality.

I believe he said it was five years, I'm just not sure if Mika experiences time in the same way we do... I meant what I said though, that I'd find it very impressive. I know I've never been able to maintain a relationship for that long...

that's just what I think.:thumb_yello:

In Mika's case, I'm sure it will make the news in all the gay press, at least

in this country, simply because many of those outlets have been pressing

him to be more "forthcoming" on his sexuality from the outset. But as far

as the US mainstream press? This will be a non-event, and if Mika should

break the US market in a big way with the new album :crossed:

then the news will already have been out there, so it will already be accepted...

it won't be a big "reveal" or scandal, so I'm guessing it

won't generate any real tabloid interest. :dunno:

yes, I don’t think that Mika being gay would get more headlines in the US than the lyrics to TOOL . He seems to have realized that his target audience is different and that there is nothing he should be afraid of. There are a lot of gay artists that are accepted and LOVED in the US. In 2012 it is not going to stop him have a career over there.

I am beginning to think that Celebrate is now going to be more about him coming out :teehee:

Edited by suzie

Wait? Not to take away from this announcement or anything but didn't he say in one of the XLarticles recently that he had had his heart broken after palomas accident? (I'm paraphrasing but I definitely remember something like this!) so the 5 years part might be incorrect (assuming he was telling the truth when he wrote that!:wink2:)

yes, I don’t think that Mika being gay would get more headlines in the US than the lyrics to TOOL . He seems to have realized that his target audience is different and that there is nothing he should be afraid of. There are a lot of gay artists that are accepted and LOVED in the US. In 2012 it is not going to stop him have a career over there.

I am beginning to think that Celebrate is now going to be more about him coming out :teehee:

Agree with everything, but I love the bolded part, because "I'm coming home" would fit so well...

All I can think is that this will make things easier for him. And it's so good to see him this happy with his life and finally not hiding anything :wub2: Can't understand people still want to say it's not true :blink: I mean, these are happy news...

That after more than 5 years of dillydalling Mika has come out of the closet.

I am more than happy for him, for us fans, for the whole LGBT community. Each coming out is a small victory.

I will Celebrate tonight!

Me too!:wub2:

I'm so happy for him!

Oh, me too! Happy for him :wub2: I hope this will make things easier for him, no more stupid questions by media (at least no reason for questions) and yes, really, it couldn't be a surprise to anyone.

No of course not. We even have Mika's words on that!:naughty:

To newer fans: About the five years. Mika has a tendency to exaggerate things, especially when it comes to numbers, so there is no idea to take just 'the five years' to seriously.:wink2: