MIKA @ den Atelier, Luxemburg City, LUXEMBURG - 16 November: 16-11-2012

Christine

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Menthe and furette

What would you think about meeting beforehand? (if it's okay for your daughter, Menthe)

I changed my train connections last night in a worrying attack that I would miss the concert because of the common delays of the German trains, so I could be there at 17:30 or 18:00 (if nothing big happens on the way).

Delighted to be in the choir. Now sort out transport... Borrow a car, check out trains. Being in Luxembourg for 4 pm is the easy part, being back in den haag for my own show rehearsals at 11 am on Saturday is the tricky bit. But.. yolo.. mika here I come!

Btw... anyone who's been in the choir... Do I just learn the chorus parts to the list of songs.. or all the words? I know you mika nutters are face-palming me now for not knowing all the words regardless but the old brains eheheh

congrats couldbepurple! :biggrin2: maybe you and the other choir members can help us distributing some stuff for underwater in the crowd? :blush-anim-cl: the choir members have free time after the rehearsals until about 8pm. :wink2:

you mainly sing the chorus parts, but of some songs also the pre-chorus - like the "my problem, i never was a model..." part of popular, for example. :wink2: and also the sentence "how come you look so cool" because that's emphasized, so the choir shouts it. you don't need to know all the verses though.

Edited by mellody

congrats couldbepurple! :biggrin2: maybe you and the other choir members can help us distributing some stuff for underwater in the crowd? :blush-anim-cl: the choir members have free time after the rehearsals until about 8pm. :wink2:

you mainly sing the chorus parts, but of some songs also the pre-chorus - like the "my problem, i never was a model..." part of popular, for example. :wink2: and also the sentence "how come you look so cool" because that's emphasized, so the choir shouts it. you don't need to know all the verses though.

cool!!! Yep, no problem. i saw the idea .. You guys are NUTS!!! I'll be all black ... but I think I might just wear one blue sock ...accidentally. To feel part of you guys ;-)

Sorting out transport. I can fix trains times to Brussels ... looking to hire a car from there.. but not sure rental place closed right now ..

travels booked. :biggrin2: does everyone know where they're staying yet, and whether 1 or 2 nights? i'll arrive the day before the gig at 6:30 pm, maybe those who are in lux already that day want to meet up for dinner or a drink? :wink2:

Hi there ;-)

Where do you stay??

I may be looking for a place to stay the night...not too expensive.

euuuh i've receive this mail this afternoon...:blush-anim-cl:

You have been chosen to be part of the Mika choir at Den Atelier in Luxembourg!!!

:dance_man:

Great news :thumb_yello:

I am so happy for you Angele :aah:

Should anyone have a ticket for this gig, please PM me !

Edited by Sweetieval

Hi there ;-)

Where do you stay??

I may be looking for a place to stay the night...not too expensive.

luxemburg city hostel. ;) and 2nd night in a hotel with 2 friends, but that was only cheap cause we're sharing the room and booked early. if you need a bed last minute now, the hostel will be the cheapest option (23€ per night), if they still have any available.

congrats angele! :biggrin2:

@Menthe and furette

What would you think about meeting beforehand? (if it's okay for your daughter, Menthe)

I changed my train connections last night in a worrying attack that I would miss the concert because of the common delays of the German trains, so I could be there at 17:30 or 18:00 (if nothing big happens on the way).

It would be nice to meet you. :thumb_yello: The venue is less than 5 minutes walk from the railway station and we could meet there at about 18 (we can't before because my daughter finishes at school at 16.30 and must come home and eat before). I don't really know how do you look like, though. Can I find your photo in some gig reports?

Congratulations to all choir members :thumb_yello:

It would be nice to meet you. :thumb_yello: The venue is less than 5 minutes walk from the railway station and we could meet there at about 18 (we can't before because my daughter finishes at school at 16.30 and must come home and eat before). I don't really know how do you look like, though. Can I find your photo in some gig reports?

That's great :original: I'm the one on the left side in the red jacket:

here are my photos:

pre-gig-snack at a nearby restaurant:

DSCN4596.jpg

I'm looking forward to see you and your daughter tomorrow :)

luxemburg city hostel. ;) and 2nd night in a hotel with 2 friends, but that was only cheap cause we're sharing the room and booked early. if you need a bed last minute now, the hostel will be the cheapest option (23€ per night), if they still have any available.

congrats angele! :biggrin2:

Thank you Melody:hug:

and i'm impatient to see the "blue waves" for the "underwater" song, if i've good understand the idea with the blue sheet 's paper???

Thank you Melody:hug:

and i'm impatient to see the "blue waves" for the "underwater" song, if i've good understand the idea with the blue sheet 's paper???

i think lena machu wanted to bring paper, bine and me are bringing blue fabric, and i've cut out a bunch of fish from coloured paper - hope you choir members can put some on the balcony (please say hi to us in the queue before you go inside :wink2:), and others are for the crowd to hold up. i've prepared 6 small bags with paper fish and frizzy wool as algae that can be distributed on the balcony.

dermoment, good idea to post the photo here... graciosa, bine and me are also on the pic - all the people in the back, except for the one on the short side of the table... so you guys know who to look for. :wink2: but usually i ask most people anyway whether they're on mfc. :teehee:

Congratulations to all choir members :thumb_yello:

That's great :original: I'm the one on the left side in the red jacket:

I'm looking forward to see you and your daughter tomorrow :)

Me too, and thanks for the photo. I will recognize you then. Perhaps you will be carrying some paper fishes, as Mellody suggested us to do... :) We'll see at the railway station then, for exemple somewhere in the entrancy hall (not so big here in Luxembourg).

i think lena machu wanted to bring paper, bine and me are bringing blue fabric, and i've cut out a bunch of fish from coloured paper - hope you choir members can put some on the balcony (please say hi to us in the queue before you go inside :wink2:), and others are for the crowd to hold up. i've prepared 6 small bags with paper fish and frizzy wool as algae that can be distributed on the balcony.

dermoment, good idea to post the photo here... graciosa, bine and me are also on the pic - all the people in the back, except for the one on the short side of the table... so you guys know who to look for. :wink2: but usually i ask most people anyway whether they're on mfc. :teehee:

Yes I'll bring 6 x 2,5 m bleu paper painted with glow-in-the-dark waves (all is done, it's drying in the kitchen) hehehehe

I wish you all the best, Sweetieval!

Me too, and thanks for the photo. I will recognize you then. Perhaps you will be carrying some paper fishes, as Mellody suggested us to do... :) We'll see at the railway station then, for exemple somewhere in the entrancy hall (not so big here in Luxembourg).

Oh, I firstly thought you meant the venue with "there". So, I'll come to the entrance hall of the railway station then :thumb_yello: