Mika @ Paradiso, Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS, 27 October

Droopsy

wohho - nearly time for our trip to Amsterdam!

Very excited to bring my 2 boys - to their first ever concert!

only travelling 430 odd miles for it! But i'm assured this is a great venue for such an experience!

See you all there! :teehee:

I'm looking forward to meeting you!:thumb_yello:

Where will you stay? How old are your sons?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So there probably won't be a number system, but at what time will people start q-ing?

Kaatje!!!! Hi:punk:

So you're coming to Paradiso too! Great, love to see you again:boing:

yeah, I would like to know the 'start-queueing-time' too. Then I know if I should go stand in line or that I could go to my hotel first.

Juuust a little bit... (oops, I did it again :teehee: )

Ok, thank you:huglove:

I am not really willing to give up my spot even for 3 songs. That sort of thing has gone wrong far too many times for me. I'm sorry.

I understand both of you!

I know it is asked before, but since you're there as 'press' can't you take your pics in a special 'press-area'?

I wouldn't advise discussing the "queuing up time" in the gig thread. If someone mentions X time then most people will turn up 2 hours earlier, I can guarantee it. :wink2: Even if everyone respected the time and didn't turn up early then 25 of you will arrive at exactly the same time and how do you decide who goes first and who goes last?

Biekje, what exactly are you asking of others? You said you are going to queue early so you will already be in the front row hopefully, no? Do you just need a bit of space to work? I guess all you can do is ask the people around you at the time since no one knows exactly where they will end up until they get to the stage. :aah:

I wouldn't advise discussing the "queuing up time" in the gig thread. If someone mentions X time then most people will turn up 2 hours earlier, I can guarantee it. :wink2: Even if everyone respected the time and didn't turn up early then 25 of you will arrive at exactly the same time and how do you decide who goes first and who goes last?

Biekje, what exactly are you asking of others? You said you are going to queue early so you will already be in the front row hopefully, no? Do you just need a bit of space to work? I guess all you can do is ask the people around you at the time since no one knows exactly where they will end up until they get to the stage. :aah:

Yes just needed some space for 3 songs so that I can take pictures from different angles. Will be gone after the 3 songs and go watch the gig from a distance.

Still have Iceland to go to and enjoy a normal gig.

I don't need to queue, as they will let the photographers in first, so I heard.

I thought people might find it easier to give me some space, as they know me and can absolutely be guaranteed that I'll be gone after the 3 songs. If not, they know where to find me, to kill me loool:aah:

Just asked for some understanding if I go through. But I guess I will be front row now anyway. Thank you Paradisoooo :wub2:

Yes you too!

They are 12 on Halloween next week! :kaf:

We are staying here http://www.dieportvancleve.com

You are staying quite near i think ?

:wink2:

Oh twins! Nice, do they look alike? I am bringing my 16-yo daughter.

Your hotel looks really nice, and probably also not to far from Paradiso. Mine is, according to Google Maps, a 5 minute walk.

Your hotel looks really nice, and probably also not to far from Paradiso. Mine is, according to Google Maps, a 5 minute walk.

Shall we have breakfast together? Staying fri/sat too?

I'll travel to Amsterdam on saturday morning, will have to leave the hotel before noon on sunday.

Do you know a nice place to have breakfast on sunday?

No, no idea. Staying at Jojotje her place sat/sun

Take a pic or two of MFC, please?:teehee:

I'll post the link to the website where the pictures will be uploaded to.:wink2:

Edit

Of mfcers? How? I won't be ON stage xD

Thanks, didn't realise that because I am not a frequent concert goer.

ah great :thumb_yello:

- they are twins but not alike - well - both boys! :teehee:

you will see them on my FB page!

Great you are bringing your daughter too

We are quite near i think so will check it all tomorrow eve and i'll have so many locals to help! I love Amsterdam - so friendly! :wink2:

My son Ben is looking out his bowler hat as i type! Says he can lend me one!

Here's a recent documentary about Paradiso:

http://www.uitzendinggemist.nl/afleveringen/1298104

it is a nice samllish venue is it?I'm hoping a good one for the boys first gig experience! We won't q so will just hope to get a good spot arriving a little early! The balcony i hear is quite a good view?